Install Arc
Options

Ground & Pound or Leave???

13»

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I want to copy @questerius post from here as the first post in the new thread, to set the tone.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Let's get our things straight here:

There is plenty of support coming from people when it comes to newbies.

I can count on the fingers on my left hand each time when I've had an argument with someone inside the game.

As long as the newbie attempts to contribute, there is no backlash and carrying is not such a terrible experience.
    I've been a newbie to this game and I'm still learning, since the mechanics are in a constant change of meta under the hood of STO.

The problem is that the newbie/casuals/randoms can't even be bothered to attempt to participate or even write an answer back to anything - from "Hello, goodluck" to "GG WP. Any parse?".

With these facts in mind, let's all enjoy civilized and active experiences in STO instead of passively waiting for someone else to carry us. Each time I've been carried I had the decency to say "Thank you for carrying me through this event."

Being civilized goes a long way. Be civilized and communicate, not a passive-aggressive leech.
    There is no backlash for the items/performance or money thrown to the game. This is a matter of choice, support towards this game community and game.

The negative reaction comes when regardless of your performance, you break everyone's experience cause you refuse to participate, then complain of a toxic community. There are a large number of really friendly and understanding folks in this community. Each with their own flaws, but overall pretty decent folks. Be one.
  • Options
    stofanplayer#9924 stofanplayer Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    <snip>
    Welcome! If there's any questions you have on how to make your game play more enjoyable, you've come to the right place.
This discussion has been closed.