test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

fleet promoting bugged

been having issues with promoting in fleet when ever a player has more than one character in fleet and one is higher rank and other is of starting rank issue is with the second character not being able to be promoted as they should be and is of lower rank than the first character and i feel bad i can't promote the other characters of players that have earned the right to be promoted . it has been happening for awhile now and needs a fix to it and looking into .
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    From what I can gather from your post you're having an issue of not being able to promote a person's alternate toon in a fleet? Basically if Character A is at rank 4 and Character B is at rank 1, you want to promote Character B to rank 4 as well, but it won't let you? Please correct me if I'm not understanding you correctly as I had a bit of a hard time understanding your post. If that's correct then what kind of message does it display to you when you try to promote one of the other toons? What exactly does it do when you try to promote the toon? Also be sure you have the authority within your fleet to promote to the desired rank.

Definitely want to help you but I need a bit more information.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    well your right about what you said except for the ranks the main character or toon A is rank 5 and his alternate or toon B is rank 1 when ever i promote it don't say anything except promote the players main character instead of his alternate if that makes any sense and i don't want to promote his main but his alternate character . and yes i do have proper permissions as i am the leader of the fleet im in except for a few alternates i have they are of proper rank/permissions to promote players as well though .
    also i noticed that before that i have done this with others with they have to be on their alternate character or character they want promoted in order for that character to be promoted otherwise it promotes the other character instead of the one that they are online with currently and it should in theory be working like that but it is not right now working as i have tried to do this with other players to only have it not promote or promote their main character instead .
    but yes you are understanding it fine i may just be wording it differently but yes you are right though .
  • Options
    flimjam#3426 flimjam Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    It's been an issue for a long time. The only work around I'm aware of is to invite the alt you want to promote to a team then promote that alt from the "manage teams" area. The one you want to promote needs to be online at the time to join your team, though. If they are not on your team, promoting/demoting any alts in the fleet will apply that promotion or demotion to only one them.