test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please get a T6 Oberth

Comments

• orbittyorbitty Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    loved the design of the Oberth class when I saw it way back when it first appeared on screen. When it appeared in game it was an immediate purchase.
    I do wish it was more playable once you've leveled up.
    I've often wondered what would it be like if some sort of team (Fleet) play involved players having to load out certain ship classes to complete missions. Obviously combat situations would leave the lower level ships torn to pieces. I don't know how it would work but something that has come to my mind from time to time.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    TNG did have a bigger version of it, and there's a few other small ships which are T6, also a T6 is basically an advancement over a canon ship, there's no reason why they can't make it bigger.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I love the Oberth as much as anyone, but let's be realistic here. The ship shouldn't be tier 6. It's just a tiny little research ship. It shouldn't be anything more than tier... 3 perhaps?

if we can have T6 NX, or T6 Daedalus, we can have T6
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    edited November 2018
    We get it, you don't like the Oberth.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Isn't the Enterprise F an T6 Oberth?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I love the Oberth as much as anyone, but let's be realistic here. The ship shouldn't be tier 6. It's just a tiny little research ship. It shouldn't be anything more than tier... 3 perhaps?

I fail to see how the size makes any difference to anything.

Plus everyone, well, not me, seems to praise the Defiant, and it's pretty small as well.

Kel Dano's "Tardis Ship" is even smaller.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Plus everyone, well, not me, seems to praise the Defiant, and it's pretty small as well.

The laughable thing where the Defiant is concerned is that most forget that it almost never engaged in combat with anything significantly larger than itself.

Excelsior, Galor, Dom Battleship, Dom Warship, Breen ship, Borg Cube, faced down Voyager in Endgame. You'd be better listing the ships it's engages with that are smaller than it (B'rel, Bugship, and Marquis fighters).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »

The laughable thing where the Defiant is concerned is that most forget that it almost never engaged in combat with anything significantly larger than itself.

Excelsior, Galor, Dom Battleship, Dom Warship, Breen ship, Borg Cube, faced down Voyager in Endgame. You'd be better listing the ships it's engages with that are smaller than it (B'rel, Bugship, and Marquis fighters).​​

Excelsior: wasn't a serious fight - neither crew wanted to fight, nor had any intention of destroying the other ship.
    Galor: Think they were Keldon class ships, but nonetheless again, fired upon without intention to destroy.
    Dom Warship: Blew the Valiant to bits.
    Breen ship: Not sufficently 'destroyed' that it couldn't still fire it's energy dampening weapon.
    Borg Cube: was one ship of a fairly large fleet.
    No idea what you're talking about where Endgame is concerned - didn't see a Defiant class ship there.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Excelsior, Lakota, did give the Defiant a pretty good fight, yes?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    artan42 wrote: »

Excelsior, Galor, Dom Battleship, Dom Warship, Breen ship, Borg Cube, faced down Voyager in Endgame. You'd be better listing the ships it's engages with that are smaller than it (B'rel, Bugship, and Marquis fighters).

Excelsior: wasn't a serious fight - neither crew wanted to fight, nor had any intention of destroying the other ship.
    Galor: Think they were Keldon class ships, but nonetheless again, fired upon without intention to destroy.
    Dom Warship: Blew the Valiant to bits.
    Breen ship: Not sufficently 'destroyed' that it couldn't still fire it's energy dampening weapon.
    Borg Cube: was one ship of a fairly large fleet.
    No idea what you're talking about where Endgame is concerned - didn't see a Defiant class ship there.

It still managed to hold off an Excelsior. Valiant wasn't the only combat against a Dom Warship. The Defiant itself took them on in several battles including in the finale. Breen, ditto. Borg Cube, yes, still part of it though. In Endgame it was one of the ships Starfleet sent to investigate Voyager.

The Defiant isn't a Mary Sue ship like Voyager. Hell, it's the only Prime Timeline hero ship to fall in combat (other than the D in events that shouldn't have happened) but it still did far better than its raw size would suggest. It didn't solo Borg Cubes because no Starfleet ships can do that (sod off Voyager).​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,210 Community Moderator
    You guys are derailing the thread. Please, stay on topic. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited December 2018
    I really do hope that they even consider making a T6 Oberth, they already did a poll of 4 ships with the Ambassador, Vorcha, Oberth and Nova, and the second and third place ones the Vorcha and Ambassador immediately got T6 releases, so surely they have the Oberth and Nova next in consideration.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I support a T6 anything from established screen ships.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I support this!
    Edit: my thread is back! To view my proposals, please head over here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1245660/t6-ships-enhancements-sto-needs

kaggert27 wrote: »
    battleship_missouri.jpg and
    Missouri.png

If you want a T6 one, go all the way. From Klingon Academy , sadly trying to find a photo from the game for it is almost impossible, as it is like 20 years old almost, and someone made a horrible model for it for Empires at War II (not the one in pic above, that one is correct).

side note: stats for the ship from the manual were:
    793m long with 1100 crew +90 marines.
    1140 k/s Max Impulse at 0.24/0.06 Maneuverability rating
    Mass Approx. 1000, Hull Rating 9.4, Shield Rating 198.3
    Fore: 6 Phaser, 6 Photon Torps,; Aft: 5 Phaser, 4 Torps, P/S: 4 Phasers , 360º Weapon: QCB

QCB: Quantum Carrier-Wave Beam, so imagine Tachyon beam and Tractor Beam in one. It literally "pulses" like Tachyon beam does and damages shields, but depends on the Tractor Beam system to hold the target, and cannot be repulsed away from the target once held. But does not work when caught in a tractor beam, and will discharge without doing any damage to the target.

THAT looks like a Prime Disco ship!
    avoozuul wrote: »
    TNG did have a bigger version of it, and there's a few other small ships which are T6, also a T6 is basically an advancement over a canon ship, there's no reason why they can't make it bigger.

A bit bigger, perhaps. But definitely better.
    Post edited by sarvour0 on
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    edited December 2018
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    THAT looks like a Prime discovery ship!
    Really? It doesn't look like a discovery ship to me.

In terms of console or trait I really can't find of anything besides the phase cloak, but that has been used for other ships in the game already, in the show the phase cloak was compatible with the Galaxy class.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    In this case as it's as game wise it'd essentially be a science BoP with less weapons, make the phase cloak innate to the ship. Sure it'd probably be a 3/2 weapons layout, but science! Basically think normal Klingon cloaking style (NOT Battle Cloak), but with a phase cloak to make up for the sqiushyness.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

sarvour0 wrote: »
    THAT looks like a Prime Disco ship!

The DSC ships are the prime DSC ships.

The DSC were never built in the Kelvin Timeline and the MU DSC ships are identical to the prime ones.​​

#TASforSTO

• trekgate0trekgate0 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    YES! THIS!
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    In this case as it's as game wise it'd essentially be a science BoP with less weapons, make the phase cloak innate to the ship. Sure it'd probably be a 3/2 weapons layout, but science! Basically think normal Klingon cloaking style (NOT Battle Cloak), but with a phase cloak to make up for the sqiushyness.
    Honestly I am not so sure if I would even want it to lose a weapon slot.

• sigil000sigil000 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    Honestly I am not so sure if I would even want it to lose a weapon slot.

Agreed. Just power it up in a way that is balanced. Adding a handicap is completely unnecessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Captain Sean 'Sigil' Montgomery, U.S.S. K.A.R.R. 2.47 NCC-200000
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    So I was able to upgrade 2 of my accounts before the Zen Bonus ended, and got the DSC Starter pack & the Oberth! On my top-level toons the Admiralty Card came in handy, since those accounts are light on ships compared to my main accounts.
    I can hardly wait for the devs to get caught up and roll out T6 Oberth & Nova!
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    would love a T6 Oberth then I can stop using my T1 in Crystalline LOL
    edited January 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzO75t6X1-s
    and
    tumblr_n9fw8uXnPf1tf1oato1_1280.jpg
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZegGYpAkpoU

I just want the Cryptic team to know how happy I was to add the t1 Oberth to most of my accounts. And to also let them know I am equally psyched about the prospect of a T6 Oberth. I want this ship!
    Post edited by anubis0sarvour on
    The Borg Assimilator
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Sign me up!
    edited February 2019
    My fanfic will have both 150-meter-long Oberths, and the TNG derivative Sagan-class at 180 meters, with variants up to 200m. As for making up a class to fill appearances of a 300 to 360 ship shown in at least 2 episodes of TNG, I am open to suggestions.
    And I will be writing my Oberths as T6...
    Since that may be a bit off-topic, please message me your suggestions or post in my thread, https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1246696/starbase-catan-wip-discussion-thread
    We don't want to clutter up this thread too much.
    The Borg Assimilator
    My fanfic will have both 150-meter-long Oberths, and the TNG derivative Sagan-class at 180 meters, with variants up to 200m. As for making up a class to fill appearances of a 300 to 360 ship shown in at least 2 episodes of TNG, I am open to suggestions.
    And I will be writing my Oberths as T6...
    Since that may be a bit off-topic, please message me your suggestions or post in my thread, https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1246696/starbase-catan-wip-discussion-thread
    We don't want to clutter up this thread too much.

Maybe a TMP connie
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.