test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skills Invalid?

thecylusthecylus Member Posts: 142 Arc User
After I reached T6 Reputation about 2 days ago, I claimed the Respec Token. A couple of minutes later I noticed the "Skills Invalid" in the Skilltree, so I clicked on "Retrain". The Skills were resetted, I spend some points and again: "Skills Invalid". There seems to be no way, to make the Skills valid. The problem persists only on the Character, that claimed the Respec Token (Reputation T6).

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmmmm...interesting... I thought they had at least another week or two before anyone hit this on Holodeck!

I been complaining about this on Tribble since I first started testing it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    @chrian, anything about this for those who have completed Tier 6 on Holodeck having a Skills Invalid bug that is not fixed upon using the Free Respec Token?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I suspect the problem is with that "Retrain" button not working properly to clear the Skills Invalid.

Because every time it happened on Tribble... I clicked "Retrain" .... it went through the "Respec" part, that clears the skill tree...but never cleared "Invalid Skill" part.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    It's OK...you confirmed for me my worst fears about doing the T6 Rep on Holodeck.
    Which is the main reason I been dragging my feet on even starting that. LOL!

Well, the other being: got sick of it while repeatedly testing it on Tribble.
    Matter of fact, I just did it, again, yesterday.

• Options
    thecylus wrote: »
    At least I can respec for free as often as I want, at the moment. For testing purposes, of course ;)

That is true :)

• Options
    Does anyone remember if Skills being Invalid messes with the Traits????

I can't remember...I will go check my character on Tribble later...but it is too dang cold to get out of bed right now.

• Options
    dangp1dangp1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    In my case getting one rep to tier 6 gave me the skills invalid issue. Finishing the other eleven reps 18 hours later then relogging removed the invalid status without having to respec. i would suggest waiting until all reps are complete before trying to respec.
    however i did have to reslot all of the rep trait. personal traits were not affected
  • Options
    dangp1 wrote: »
    In my case getting one rep to tier 6 gave me the skills invalid issue. Finishing the other eleven reps 18 hours later then relogging removed the invalid status without having to respec. i would suggest waiting until all reps are complete before trying to respec.
    however i did have to reslot all of the rep trait. personal traits were not affected

Now, that is info I can use when I get on Tribble to test this afternoon. Thanks bunches!!

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Now, 3 days later, the Skills are no longer Invalid. No idea, what happened.

Did you finish getting all 12 Reputation to Tier 6??

OH BTW.... check to make sure all your Traits are still slotted.

• Options
    edited November 2018

Nope, I didn't touch that toon anymore.

Egads...the walls have ears....THEY heard you were getting respecs for free. LOL!

But seriously, it cleared on its own? I am going to check my characters on Tribble and see if theirs cleared, too.