test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ETA?

Does anyone have any idea when the foundry will be back up? It's been nearly 2 weeks now and I haven't seen any sign of it coming back anytime soon. This is driving me crazy. I LOVE creating missions and stories but I don't know how to program. So the foundry is about the only option I have. (I've spent hours trying to find some type of similar software for game creation and can't find anything close to this). I have so many ideas just collecting dust... It's frustrating!!!
"Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
O1P2m6v.png

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    It's gonna be back up when it's gonna be back up, without knowing why it's down this time we can't really make any realistic predictions.

We can speculate as to what is causing the longer downtime but without certain peices of information only Cryptic devs know we can't say anything for certain.

The key here is to be patient, there are after all ways to show Cryptic "we care about this thing" without being hostile or rude.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    We're doomed!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I have a lot of Victory is Life missions yet to play. You know, for that voting thing. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Consider yourself lucky, the NW Foundry was down for 6 months last year. I believe you have the better Foundry team working for you and not against your efforts. I will drop in and check my Foundry Missions when it is back up and running.

Have fun! <3
    NFA-banner.png
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Drogyn's poking Kael this week, seeing if we could speed up the process by opening the tribble foundry up to see if a critical tailor bug affecting holodeck will impact us at all. Either it'll blow up Tribble foundry missions (why we've been cautious) and we'll need to wait on a holodeck fix (shouldn't be too long, it's a big problem for players across the board) or things will be okay and the Foundry can start coming back online.

I'll update this thread as soon as I hear anything I can share.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    Tailor bug?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Tailor bug?

There's big gaps in available parts, some odd behavior (parts can be re-unlocked for the duration of a log-in by having them on a boff or character) but it could mean that a lot of default permissions have gone missing. Cryptic is investigating and I have no idea where they are in that. But, from a past example this could mean that Foundry custom NPC's could immediately lose a LOT of options if the Foundry goes back online with this bug in place (all species, uniform choices potentially affected.) But, it depends on backend stuff, how unlocks were and what exactly is bugged in the system.

That said, this is something we've expressed concerns about re. the Foundry but Kael hasn't actually said that this is the reason why the Foundry isn't back online yet. It seems a likely guess though.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    We up yet?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Is the foundry back up yet?
  • Options
    karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User

No. Devs posted their plans for nearest year, and bringing back foundry arent included. So no one can tell, its even not included at "to do" list.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    karriq wrote: »

No. Devs posted their plans for nearest year, and bringing back foundry arent included. So no one can tell, its even not included at "to do" list.

Devs also didn't include any ships with the roadmap either. By this logic there's nothing coming for the next year. The roadmap is not comprehensive and as stated above there's a bug in the live game (yet unfixed) that might impact the Foundry in a serious way. In order to avoid a catastrophic scenario (recovery from which will likely require more waiting for dev time) we're probably waiting on that fix. I'll poke Kael today about the Foundry (Drogyn already did that).
  • Options
    Devs also didn't include any ships with the roadmap either. By this logic there's nothing coming for the next year. The roadmap is not comprehensive and as stated above there's a bug in the live game (yet unfixed) that might impact the Foundry in a serious way. In order to avoid a catastrophic scenario (recovery from which will likely require more waiting for dev time) we're probably waiting on that fix. I'll poke Kael today about the Foundry (Drogyn already did that).

Since PW fired LaughingTrendy for unknown reasons almost a year ago - community gets a very little info bout what is going on. So we can only guess. :\ However... perhaps you are right and i'm overreacting. But my guess is good as anyone's else. :)

P\S You and other foundry authors are main reason why a lot of people playing this game on daily basis. And since devs disabeled foundry - most of my fleet (one of oldest fleets btw) almost entirily gone offline. And this is hundreds of people. I'm still login in every evening. But have no any idea what to do in this game without foundry. So.. Poke those guys harder please! Perhaps it will help! :smiley:

• Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @karriq said:
    > duncanidaho11 wrote: »
    >
    > Devs also didn't include any ships with the roadmap either. By this logic there's nothing coming for the next year. The roadmap is not comprehensive and as stated above there's a bug in the live game (yet unfixed) that might impact the Foundry in a serious way. In order to avoid a catastrophic scenario (recovery from which will likely require more waiting for dev time) we're probably waiting on that fix. I'll poke Kael today about the Foundry (Drogyn already did that).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Since PW fired LaughingTrendy for unknown reasons almost a year ago - community gets a very little info bout what is going on. So we can only guess. :\ However... perhaps you are right and i'm overreacting. But my guess is good as anyone's else. :)
    >
    > P\S You and other foundry authors are main reason why a lot of people playing this game on daily basis. And since devs disabeled foundry - most of my fleet (one of oldest fleets btw) almost entirily gone offline. And this is hundreds of people. I'm still login in every evening. But have no any idea what to do in this game without foundry. So.. Poke those guys harder please! Perhaps it will help! :smiley:

The foundry will be back after every major update it goes down for a few weeks at most why will this time be any different
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Since PW fired LaughingTrendy for unknown reasons almost a year ago - community gets a very little info bout what is going on.

In my experience Kael's been very open with us about what's going on but sometimes the answer is in these cases "we're looking at it but very busy, so no ETA at this time." I think that's the case now (there have been some very big bugs to fix with AOD) so I'll let folks know if I hear anything I can report back.

Edit:
    Reporting back. To paraphrase: "We're trying but very busy. Emergencies like fixing the arena of Sompek keeps interrupting. No ETA yet."
  • Options

Edit:
    Reporting back. To paraphrase: "We're trying but very busy. Emergencies like fixing the arena of Sompek keeps interrupting. No ETA yet."

Yeps, i've seen it at your twitter. Thanks :).

P\S Honestly. Hell with this arena... Fix foundry dammit! :expressionless:

• Options

Edit:

Yeps, i've seen it at your twitter. Thanks :).

P\S Honestly. Hell with this arena... Fix foundry dammit! :expressionless:
    Yeah most people here would probably agree, but some people in my armada (my fleet had pseudo armada even before it became official thru a private chat) would say "to hell with the Foundry fix the arena" and that seems to be the majority opinion outside of our little community anyway.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to get the foundry back I was middle of putting the final touches to WIP project when the foundry went down and it would be really nice if I could do that now.

That said we should remember we're a minority here and thus have to patient not give Devs to be upset with us.
  • Options
    [
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Yeah most people here would probably agree, but some people in my armada (my fleet had pseudo armada even before it became official thru a private chat) would say "to hell with the Foundry fix the arena" and that seems to be the majority opinion outside of our little community anyway.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to get the foundry back I was middle of putting the final touches to WIP project when the foundry went down and it would be really nice if I could do that now.

That said we should remember we're a minority here and thus have to patient not give Devs to be upset with us.

I dont think we are minority. Cause poeple of my armada (me included) have no idea what to do here without foundry. :\
  • Options
    [

I dont think we are minority. Cause poeple of my armada (me included) have no idea what to do here without foundry. :\
    Well there's a risk of confirmation bias there. Also if we truly were the majority we wouldn't have to go to such lengths to get exposure for the Foundry.
  • Options
    chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Drogyn's poking Kael this week, seeing if we could speed up the process by opening the tribble foundry up to see if a critical tailor bug affecting holodeck will impact us at all. Either it'll blow up Tribble foundry missions (why we've been cautious) and we'll need to wait on a holodeck fix (shouldn't be too long, it's a big problem for players across the board) or things will be okay and the Foundry can start coming back online.

I'll update this thread as soon as I hear anything I can share.

Is this tailor bug by chance the reason the 'emblem' option from both the ship and personal tailor screens is missing? My ship still has the Fed. emblems, but no way to change or remove them. No way to add fleet emblem to uniform either.
    Post edited by chritmarsh#4963 on
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png
  • Options
    Well there's a risk of confirmation bias there. Also if we truly were the majority we wouldn't have to go to such lengths to get exposure for the Foundry.

Well, you need to go long ways to get any info bout STO nowdays. :)
  • Options
    stormcrow#8086 stormcrow Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    The only reason I bought a LTM was for the foundry, then a week later... "POW! Right in tha kisser!"
  • Options
    In all likelyhood the Foundry is coming back. We had this song and dance during the last major downtime and I'll repeat what I said now, if Cryptic ever wanted to shutdown the Foundry they would do so openly and not just by putting it into downtime and never bringing it back up.

Previously they wouldn't even announce downtimes at all, only way we knew the Foundry was down was because the "create content" button was greyed out and there was nothing in the Foundry UI in the main game, so saying "Foundry is currently off-line" is a upgrade from what we got, at least during the time I've been playing.

There's literally nothing to panic over yet, sure we got longer then typical downtime but we also have pretty certain culprit for that downtime and it's something that's effecting the main game as well in way that needs to be fixed.

While we all would like the foundry back ASAP, lets not make mountains out of molehills.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The only reason I bought a LTM was for the foundry, then a week later... "POW! Right in tha kisser!"

We promise to make many great missions when we get our hands back on the editor. ;)

(Also thinking about more community events outside the Foundry Roundtable and challenges, help foster more community and author-player interactions. Details to come if anything comes of this.)
  • Options
    edited October 2018

We promise to make many great missions when we get our hands back on the editor. ;)

(Also thinking about more community events outside the Foundry Roundtable and challenges, help foster more community and author-player interactions. Details to come if anything comes of this.)

Speaking of which.. i always wanted a some R&R themed mission with silly stuff bout Ji'Goro and friends :D. Perhaps on Risa or something. =)

• Options
    starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I bring cookies. We need cookies.

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Speaking of which.. i always wanted a some R&R themed mission with silly stuff bout Ji'Goro and friends :D. Perhaps on Risa or something. =)

I keep meaning to make something like that but it keeps getting serious (shattered relic and continuity both started as "vacation episode on somewhere like Risa but not Risa!"). I might have to rectify that with the next episode, have something fun before the finale...(and just do Risa)
  • Options
    Seems they repaired this blasted arena. So i hope now they will try to fix something what actually matters, like ten billion times reported bugs.. and yes, foundry :D
  • Options
    Costume bug's fixed on tribble! Looks like the apocalypse will have to find another route to the foundry. :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.