test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Discovery Phasers & Disruptors Still not fixed.

captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
So there have been two patches since launch and even the Discovery Hand phaser vaporization effect was corrected.

What has not been corrected or even acknowledged is how the Discovery Ship Weapons (phasers and disruptors) went from being beautifully screen accurate to the monstrosity that they are now. Either a serious glitch caused them to be this grotesque, and Devs are aware and working on it, OR someone who was not originally the designer of the Disc Weapons was tasked to do the new Discovery weapons. Because I can not believe the original developer who designed the Discovery Ship Weapons would allow for this much of a downgrade of graphics.

I myself, as well as many others dropped a tremendous amount of resources to make our discovery ship weapons epic, and now that they went from beautiful screen accurate pulse beams to these ugly jelly like slow moving globs, it feels like we've been cheated.

I know this post is somewhat emotionally charged and I mean no offense to the designers and artists but could we please at least have this issue acknowledged and with some sense that it's being worked on?

Also, in one of the descriptions of Age of Discovery it said players who previously own a Crossfield class starship and walker class will be able to use the Discovery bridge as well as the walker bridge. I own a crossfield class ship and although my Walker class has a walker bridge, I still can not use the Discovery bridge on my crossfield ship... Intead the Universe bridge was unlocked. I am wondering when we will be able to select the Disco bridge for our crossfield ships?

In closing, it may seem trivial to some that there are players who are pretty upset about the downgrade in FX for Disc ship weapons, but Discovery Phasers are very distinctive and unique. There's many aesthetics about Discovery I don't agree with but I LOVED the phasers from the first time I watched the show. The ship phasers are a mix between a beam and a pulse, they are reminiscent of wrath of khan phasers and they have a very dangerous look to them. The way the beams are long and needle light but very bright and zip between emitter and target in a fraction of a second, causing an explosive reaction is just glorious. Taking one of the most unique things about Discovery which I liked away has made it very difficult to be completely immersed in Age of Discovery, especially because the ship weapons WERE accurate before this update! It's like they took something away and gave us a cheap knock off.

I still hope the fact is that this is just a glitch due to the addition of explosions on the hull, and it wasn't an intentional redesign. Please let us know and lets get an idea that this is being worked on.

Comments

• Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    100% Agree. At least acknowledge it as a bug Cryptic. Dont just plug your ears and pretend it doesnt exist.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    andromeda981andromeda981 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I was wondering what was up with that. I'm assuming it's a player only issue. I was playing AoD with a friend a few days ago and he kept commenting that he wanted rapid fire phasers like Shrans ship. When I looked at Shrans ship, the Glenn etc I noticed they were firing at a higher rate than mine and my friends jelly/glob thing phasers. The second I became aware of it I became more aware of how slow user phasers were, especially with how it didn't sync with the audio.

I also don't get that you can "Buy" "Discovery" era Dual Phasers, Phaser Arrays, Phaser Cannons, Heavy Phaser Cannons and Dual Phaser Cannons from the academy but you can not actually get them without grinding heavily for them. So I'm not even sure what kind of fresh hell their VFX is like.
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I was wondering what was up with that. I'm assuming it's a player only issue. I was playing AoD with a friend a few days ago and he kept commenting that he wanted rapid fire phasers like Shrans ship. When I looked at Shrans ship, the Glenn etc I noticed they were firing at a higher rate than mine and my friends jelly/glob thing phasers. The second I became aware of it I became more aware of how slow user phasers were, especially with how it didn't sync with the audio.

I also don't get that you can "Buy" "Discovery" era Dual Phasers, Phaser Arrays, Phaser Cannons, Heavy Phaser Cannons and Dual Phaser Cannons from the academy but you can not actually get them without grinding heavily for them. So I'm not even sure what kind of fresh hell their VFX is like.

Yeah man! We have had Discovery Ship phasers in game for most of 2018, but the new AoD changed the graphics for the Much Much Worse
  • Options
    kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Worst part is, on their loading screen for the new TFO, they have pretty much show perfect visuals for the weapons.

4ed336f5f7e9b398b4c376effeccf6c31582699332.jpg