test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Tailor bug with new Vor'ral

Everytime I try to change my ship and use the new Vor'ral saucer part, it tells me it's using old costume data and won't keep the change when I click apply changes.
1xe027q.png

Comments

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Same here it keeps defaulting to a Torkaht setup on another charecter.
  • Options
    rwillarddev#0892 rwillarddev Member Posts: 17 Cryptic Developer
    Hello, we've been trying to repro this in QA but haven't been able to do so with the information given. If you could give us a little more info such as exactly what you did to produce this we can then attempt to reproduce it on our end and report it to the dev team so that it can be addressed.

Thank you for reporting issues, please keep them coming.
  • Options
    Tried to change the color and use the Torkaht saucer on the Vorral saved the changes exited the customizer and transported to ship. Guess what ? It's not what I saved but my old Torkaht from a different toon! FIX THIS!
  • Options
    Have a clip but can't share the link here for some reason. Can I e-mail it?
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Seems it cleared up after restarting the game. Very odd, indeed.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    rwillarddev#0892 rwillarddev Member Posts: 17 Cryptic Developer
    Very odd, possibly it got into a bad state and logging out and logging back in fixed it. ssbn655, I can't give out my email details, but could you try restarting the game and seeing if that helps you? Otherwise someone that knows a bit more about sharing links on the forum might be able to figure out how to get the link to the vid posted.
  • Options
    Well just did what you suggested,,, NO CHANGE except now get a scroll after leaving ship tailor "costume uses illegal parts or some nonsense to that effect. This is for the stone stock Vorral I bought both versions fleet and standard!
  • Options
    Well figured out how to get the stock skin anyway. Still cannot change the color. material or pattern (Andromeda, etc.) but at least it's a Vor'ral. Not exactly how I want it to look.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Type 4 Hull Material isn't applying to all the parts after purchasing the Vor'ral. Very unlike the Negh'tev/Negh'var line, which can have the material put onto all variants. If I use Vorcha, Vorkang, or Tor'kaht parts, it automatically reverts the hull material across the whole ship to another material.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I am having similar problems with my Kor BoP in the tailor.

Tailor does not seem to recognize any changes I make to the ship. Every time I bring the BoP up in the Tailor, the Tailor part of the program sees a default view. Like it is not actually seeing my ship. No colors, no materials, none of the changes made previously. Which was a pain because I wanted to see the new Rep Vanity visuals on my ship with specific materials.

I had to manually "save loadout" then "use loadout"...just for material type! Check in the ship "Status" page to see if the "outfit" changes stayed when I leave the Tailor (because going back in the Tailor would bring up a default look).

I wrote about it in the Tribble folder...about the Cloak Visuals.
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13425493/#Comment_13425493

I will look on Holodeck when I get back in the game after maintenance.

But right now...I have to make lunch. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I am having similar problems with my Kor BoP in the tailor.

Tailor does not seem to recognize any changes I make to the ship. Every time I bring the BoP up in the Tailor, the Tailor part of the program sees a default view. Like it is not actually seeing my ship. No colors, no materials, none of the changes made previously. Which was a pain because I wanted to see the new Rep Vanity visuals on my ship with specific materials.

I had to manually "save loadout" then "use loadout"...just for material type! Check in the ship "Status" page to see if the "outfit" changes stayed when I leave the Tailor (because going back in the Tailor would bring up a default look).

I wrote about it in the Tribble folder...about the Cloak Visuals.
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13425493/#Comment_13425493

I will look on Holodeck when I get back in the game after maintenance.

But right now...I have to make lunch. :)

Got the crew to bring back fresh Gagh, Klingon granny? :smiley:
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Quick question: Is everyone using the Tailor at Qo'nos Shipyard? That was the one I was using on Tribble when I was having problems with my BoP.

I am going to run my BoP over to Ganalda and Fleet Starbase as well....on Holodeck...I hope the paint job doesn't get lost.

I wonder where the heck this program is storing my painted ship outfit that the tailor is not calling it up. I am totally looking at a painted ship in the game....it is just lost to the tailor. I checked my T-5 Vor'cha...it is doing the same thing.

https://i.imgur.com/kUjWmoi.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Tq1BtXh.jpg

ON the other hand: My Pilot Raptor I can make changes in the tailor, leave the tailor see the ship in status with the new paint colors. Go back in tailor and there is the painted ship.

On tribble, I can't even see the pilot raptors in the tailor at all...disappeared. So, that is a different problem...hopefully, that bug does not get ported over to holodeck, any time soon.

@ichaerus1 I don't think the Hubby would touch that stuff. Hard enough to get him to eat vegetables.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Quick question: Is everyone using the Tailor at Qo'nos Shipyard? That was the one I was using on Tribble when I was having problems with my BoP.

I am going to run my BoP over to Ganalda and Fleet Starbase as well....on Holodeck...I hope the paint job doesn't get lost.

I wonder where the heck this program is storing my painted ship outfit that the tailor is not calling it up. I am totally looking at a painted ship in the game....it is just lost to the tailor. I checked my T-5 Vor'cha...it is doing the same thing.

https://i.imgur.com/kUjWmoi.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Tq1BtXh.jpg

ON the other hand: My Pilot Raptor I can make changes in the tailor, leave the tailor see the ship in status with the new paint colors. Go back in tailor and there is the painted ship.

On tribble, I can't even see the pilot raptors in the tailor at all...disappeared. So, that is a different problem...hopefully, that bug does not get ported over to holodeck, any time soon.

@ichaerus1 I don't think the Hubby would touch that stuff. Hard enough to get him to eat vegetables.

Ha! You just have to be creative about smuggling the Gagh and other shellhead delicacies into the meal.

As for the ship tailor, i vary between the Qo'Nos, the fleet ship tailor, and DS9. All of them still have the same issue. And I'm on Holodeck.

I will say that the new Vor'cha handles really agile compared to other cruiser that I'm used to. Sadly, it's not able to do the barrel roll without Rock N Roll...Unlike like the Bortasqu' line and the Negh'var line....Now I need to see someone pull off a barrel roll with the Vo'quv, and not using Rock N Roll either...

It's strange how the Negh'var can use Hull Material 4, regardless of tier or variant(including the ultra cool Qudaj), but the Vor'ral is the only one of the Vor'cha line that can use it.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Wait a min...barrel roll without Rock N Roll??? I wanna see that. THAT sounds more fun than watching this broken tailor or hiding gagh in the hubby's dinners.

On that note: I patched with the new Tribble patch this morning...and notice that my Vor'Cha is working in the Tailor, now....on Holodeck??? I know, it sounds strange.

I do not know how a Tribble patch can effect Holodeck program. All I was told was that it helps if you have Tribble patch on board your computer when a huge expansion patch is coming down the pipe on Holodeck.

But it, also, seems to be doing something else??? I don't know enough about all this stuff. And I can't see any options from the C-store on Tribble so I can not verify how the T-5 Vor'Cha acts over there.

You know, come to think of it...I wonder if it was just that rebooting the program from scratch that did it. I was testing at 3am this morning...so I will go revisit that.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    OH....now I see why that last post makes no sense.

I forgot to mention: on Holodeck the Vor'Cha was NOT working in the Tailor properly...then I toggled out of the tailor then back in...plain default Vor'Cha showed up, again (broken state)...then BOOM, with no action from me, there was my painted Vor'Cha.

Like, the program came to life and says, "OOPs wrong thing...let me fix that".
    I have seen this behavior before. On Tribble, character select screen...and the zoom in thing. (Oh I should check on that weirdness, too).

That was how I got to the conclusion that it could be something kicking in from somewhere and Tribble patch seems likely as anything. Other than the turning on my computer in the morning, that is all that was done.

Is this the player's "current status" not being refreshed to our computers from the Server in a timely fashion? Or is the player's "current status" not being sent to the servers and processed in a timely fashion? Or from the looks of it...not at all, sometimes. There has to be some sort of acks going back and forth to keep things in sync...it is not staying in sync. Sounds like clocking problems. Those are a pain to fault isolate, too.