test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

During the sale, consider the Elite Starter Pack

mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
Since there is a sale going on, here's my recommendation: The Elite Starter Pack.
If you have any intentions of running alts, it is a great option.

The Elite Starter Pack works pretty much exactly how the newbie suggestion for subscribing one month to unlock retrains and bank/inventory slots worked, except now it's not a "trick" that requires you to acquire it at the optimal time to get the most out of it.

It unlocks 20 account bank slots, which are incredibly useful. (Not that the account bank doesn't just store items, but also EC).
You simply buy it once, and then you have an unlock for extra bank, inventory and bridge officer slots on every character on your account, even future ones. And it includes the EC Cap increase.

If you already maxed out bank and inventory slots on one character, you can supposedly not exceed the cap, but who is at the cap anyway? What's very useful for existing (lifetime) subscribers is that the benefits stack. (Again, you might still not be able to exceed the regular cap...)

Oh, and there are some retrain tokens in the mix. Haven't really looked how those work, because as a lifer, I got plenty of those usually.

Note: AFAIK, this is only available on PC. Sorry, console gamers. But at least you never need to worry about the EC Cap increase on console. You are already at maximum.
Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I love, love, love the Elite Starter pack. I got it at the last sale it was on and it's been a huge help.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    If you already maxed out bank and inventory slots on one character, you can supposedly not exceed the cap, but who is at the cap anyway? What's very useful for existing (lifetime) subscribers is that the benefits stack. (Again, you might still not be able to exceed the regular cap...)

Its worse then that. Its not bank and inventory its bank or inventory or bridge officers any one at the cap and you cannot claim the 3 from the pack and lots of people are at the cap.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That's the first item I bought in this Sale. For 15 Characters it is well worth the Zen. Some of them are capped for Bank and Inventory so I have not claimed it on those Characters. Figured I wait until they up the Bank and Inventory Slots with a future database expansion.

I did need it for the Gamma Recruit, who I also picked up some Ship and Drydock slots for as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I wish I could buy the Elite Starter Pack, but, the game won't let me. I'm maxed on character slots but nowhere near close to the cap on anything else it offers. Even if I lost out on the extra character slot, I'd STILL buy the pack if the game would let me. But it won't. Been complaining about it since the ESP came out and it seems they have no intention of lifting the lockout.

Their loss and mine. :(
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Since there is a sale going on, here's my recommendation: The Elite Starter Pack.
    If you have any intentions of running alts, it is a great option.

The Elite Starter Pack works pretty much exactly how the newbie suggestion for subscribing one month to unlock retrains and bank/inventory slots worked, except now it's not a "trick" that requires you to acquire it at the optimal time to get the most out of it.

It unlocks 20 account bank slots, which are incredibly useful. (Not that the account bank doesn't just store items, but also EC).
    You simply buy it once, and then you have an unlock for extra bank, inventory and bridge officer slots on every character on your account, even future ones. And it includes the EC Cap increase.

Oh, and there are some retrain tokens in the mix. Haven't really looked how those work, because as a lifer, I got plenty of those usually.

Note: AFAIK, this is only available on PC. Sorry, console gamers. But at least you never need to worry about the EC Cap increase on console. You are already at maximum.

Thanks would of missed that!
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I think I will wait until a 30% off services flash sale before I get it.
    Post edited by avoozuul on