test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Cast of Deep Space Nine tours the new station!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
J.G. Hertzler, Max Grodenchik, and Chase Masterson came by Cryptic studios, and checked out the new DS9 while they were there, with host Environment Artist Nick Duguid!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10911613-the-cast-of-ds9-tours-sto's-new-promenade

Comments

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Please give Leeta a pet Mugatu ( in the game ). Chase sounded like she really wanted one. :-D
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    Man, Grodenchik just about had me in tears. No wonder he was so good under all that Ferengi makeup, his real face is expressive as heck.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    It was nice to see their reactions to STO DS9 :)

I saw Sister Act on TV just last night, and I recognized Max Grodenchik in the scene where Whoopi Goldberg's character witnessed his character's death by the mobster. It was a while since I watched it when it first came to theatres, but without the Ferengi prosthetics/makeup I can see why I missed the connection earlier :open_mouth:

I second the pet Mugatu!
  • Options
    damocles2209damocles2209 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    That was a really great segment. Their reactions were all so priceless.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    That was a delight, start to finish!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    This is the best video I've seen in a very long time.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Very nice to see the high praise and commendation for the re-worked DS 9 from such esteemed members of the cast. So looking forward to see it in game . Surprised the Dev did not map his keys correctly to be able to walk through the maps, guess he is far too busy making stuff, to be able to play in such a faithful re-creation. Many thanks guys for your hard work, now just make sure there are enough server hamsters and not tribbles in the system to prevent first day lag. This expansion will have people descending on DS 9 like the Klingons on the Day of the Warrior.

Anyone needs beamed up , give me a shout.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • Options
    dp1149dp1149 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Fantastic work, team. The cast reactions say it all. The scaling of the station looks and feels right now...it was acceptable before, this is a big improvement.

I'm sure others have asked this in the past, but any chance we'll see more interior revamps of other sets, especially bridges and ship corridors? I understand some artistic license is likely taken to balance looks and playability, but I do think many of them could be improved noticeably.
    Damn the torpedoes, warp speed ahead!
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Quark's reaction to the interior redesign:

tenor.gif