test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tip for simplifying the salvage process with the CTRL key

If you got a lot of salvage to get rid of, and are annoyed by having to right-click, pick Salvage Item, and then confirming the confirmation dialog, there is a way to avoid at least the confirmation dialog. If you keep the control-key pressed, you can bypass at least the confirmation dialog. (Similar to how it works in vendors when you purchase items.)

Just be sure that you know what you're doing, don't come to me complaining you salvaged your priceless [CritD/Dmg][Pen][CritD]x4 Uberruptor Beam Array...
Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    just to add on to the last bit...if you don't already have such things protected, it's nobody's fault but your own​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Why is there salvage at all? One of the reasons was to lessen the amount of items being sold to the vendor. So why couldn't it just cost the equivalent amount of EC instead of adding a new less versatile asset?

Edit: "simplify the salvage process" is an oxymoron because there shouldn't be salvage in game at all. Also, thanks for the info. good to know.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    no, there should be salvage - but it should've been the salvage that ALREADY exists

namely, the salvage you get inside elite queue boxes and a few other sources; might've sparked a bit of a revival in the dead queues​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Why is there salvage at all? One of the reasons was to lessen the amount of items being sold to the vendor. So why couldn't it just cost the equivalent amount of EC instead of adding a new less versatile asset?

Um, re-engineering maybe!?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I still say check-boxes, to select individual items, CtrL keys, etc, it's ultimately all still too tedious. We simply need a dedicated salvage coffer (like for mats), with the 'Select All' check-box to salvage all in one fell swoop.

Also, salvaging is giving me RSI at times (not kidding).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    The trouble is the most efficient way if you want to convert trash to salvage is sell for EC then buy new items from the vendor, and then salvage those...