test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For experience points, is Argala still king?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
I'm planning on trying to fill in some experience points that some of my characters are sorely lacking in...is Argala still the best place to grind out experience, or is Admiralty the best bet? I'm making sure everyone has their ship rosters updated too so I can run admiralty as well.
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I still use Argala, it's pretty fast.

Just remember to warp out after wave 4 so you don't have to wait to run it again.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I still use Argala, it's pretty fast.

Just remember to warp out after wave 4 so you don't have to wait to run it again.

Well, this morning I collected results on a full list of admiralty missions, ran Argala, and achieved one specialization point. Total time: 55 minutes. If I can do that every morning, it'll still take a while to fill one tree, but at least that's something.

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    I will ask a different question... are players still obsessed with levelling up as fast as they can? amazing :p

It's not so much that...I've got a fair amount of alts and only so much play time. I realized I've let my characters fall behind in specialization points (some of them haven't even filled one tree) and just looking for a good way to work on catching them up between new missions.

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Couple of other things of note:

When there is an FE going on....do them every week to collect those weekly award boxes for one free Specialization point. That is once per account...but it helps.

DO the FEDERATION Admiralty. That is the one that gives out the most XP. Also, Fed Tour of Duty gives 2 Specialization points when completed.

Also, check into some of those DOFF assignments that come in Lockboxes.... I think those give out XP, too. But DO YOUR RESEARCH on this before buying them...because I am not sure about it.

+++++

It is pretty funny....I am doing the exact opposite of you right now. Leveling up characters so I can purposefully NOT fill out any Specialization points. Tired of trying to keep up with everything...so I am going simple.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    > @ethereal#4956 said:
    > djf021 wrote: »
    >
    > I realized I've let my characters fall behind in specialization points (some of them haven't even filled one tree) and just looking for a good way to work on catching them up between new missions.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, then just keep doing the aldmiraldty system. Period. You dont need anything else. But i guess you probably didnt even touched that.. right?
    >
    > If you do it regularly, and you stack assignments twice every day if you can, you will level up 1 or 2 levels each day without effort.
    >
    > I honestly at this stage of the game im amazed when someone asks where to level up faster... i just cant... handle it lol.
    > I level up every day without basically doing nothing, and thats far more than enough for me. I know im playing an mmorpg, and i know that everything i do is supossed to take a lot of time to achieve. Keeping in mind in my characters i can only use 1 primary specialization and 1 secondary, i only need the main one im gonna use for my character, the rest i can just level em up really slowly. Im not in a hurry.

Yeah, this is what I'm trying to do. I don't care about maxing out my spec points. Several of my characters don't even have a single skill tree filled. That's what I'm trying to rectify. And yes, I've been using admiralty as well. I like your idea of just sticking to admiralty though. I think I'd start to hate Argala of I kept grinding it every day. At least without a reason like a new ship.

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I will ask a different question... are players still obsessed with levelling up as fast as they can? amazing :p

No. Not every player.

I have not bothered to allocate a single specialization point on any character and many of them have over 175 spec points. I can handle Advanced space STFs and Elite ground STFs just fine without allocating spec points. And without the need to use fleet or reputation gear.
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Aren't there xp bonus tokens that can be bought on the exchange, I routinely have the rep points ones going on my toons.
  • Options
    > @postinggum said:
    > Aren't there xp bonus tokens that can be bought on the exchange, I routinely have the rep points ones going on my toons.

There are, but I've never bought them. They seem a little too pricey to me.

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    To be clear, I mis-read this and thought the OP was refering to fast leveling of a ship.

I use the Argala thing to level up my ships to unlock traits, not to level my character. I have actually found that the quickest way to level up my character is to just play the missions. They're not very long, they're easy, and they shoot you up on level pretty quick.

I have never actually tried to 'speed level' a character in this game. I never felt the need to get them to a certain level in a short amount of time. Running Argala over and over again to level the captain would drive me insane... it would take forever.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > To be clear, I mis-read this and thought the OP was refering to fast leveling of a ship.
    >
    > I have never actually tried to 'speed level' a character in this game. I never felt the need to get them to a certain level in a short amount of time. Running Argala over and over again to level the captain would drive me insane... it would take forever.

I probably didn't explain myself well. I'm talking about trying to fill a spec tree for a captain who's already level 60.
    I actually use the story missions to level up from 1-50, but after level 60 I'm concerned the missions would be too slow for filling a spec tree. However many of these characters haven't finished all the missions yet so I guess that wouldn't hurt.
    After trying out my options the last few days I think I've settled on Admiralty for the characters who've played all the missions.

-Captain James T. Kirk