test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Price per item warning

avnas#3702 avnas Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited February 2018 in Controls and User Interface
somebody i was talking to earlier put a bunch of keys into the exchange thinking that the price displayed for an item was the price per item rather than the price for a whole stack. i've done this myself in the past with rubidium. it's also possible to missclick and put a whole stack of an item up when you intend to only offer a single item.

it'd be nice to have a warning/confirmation before you put a stack of an item in, that the price displayed is for all items and how many items are being sold.

Comments

• Options
    terminatrixxx#8288 terminatrixxx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    How about setting up stuff with a bit of care what to click?
    The current mechanics is pretty logical. Another warning message would be annoying.
    One time mistake, learned, never happens again. :)
    Princess of the 'House of the Immortals Armada'.
    Main ships: Dyson Tactical Science Destroyer + Qui'Tu Class Pilot Raptor
  • Options
    shanarnefandusshanarnefandus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me, and I agree the exchange interface overall could use a lot of work.

I'm not sure how "A bit of care" makes a lick of sense when the fact is no amount of care will matter when you have no idea the interface is NOT displaying the price per item until someone buys the whole stack. Sure it's a mistake that you only make once, but it is potentially VERY costly and could easily be avoided by simply fixing the TRIBBLE interface for the exchange to be more clear.
  • Options
    uliwitnessuliwitness Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Could one maybe change the UI to list *both* the per-item and total prices? Then it'd be immediately obvious which is which, and mistakes like this would probably happen less frequently?
    Cheers,
    -- Uli
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    sometime ago i have made a similar suggestion. of course, everyone who made a profit out of those mistakes was against the improvement of the exc. system. well at least we got the commas

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1229986/exchange-improvement-suggestions/p1