test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 1/18/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 1/18 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Hello,

the patch notes do not go into detail what the correction of the XP gain of the security officer mean for concluding projects that are/were based upon it. I mean the Tier 5 main upgrade in particular!

Hence my questions:

- Will fleets that have run the Tier 5 main upgrade already as a result of your mistake keep the benefits of a Tier 5 colony effectively?

- Will fleets that have slotted the Tier 5 main upgrade as a result of your mistake and that are currently in the process of filling it keep their invested resources (some 2 mil Dil!) and get their promised benefits after completion as well - A Tier 5 colony! -?

Thanks for your open communication in advance.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    your fleets used an exploit - what u think cryptic should do?
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Repair their untested and bugged nonsense not to the player’s disadvantage is what they should do.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    mcevergreenmcevergreen Member Posts: 48 Arc User

I would be careful with what you are saying and are other player accusing of.

This issue was brought up about 4 months ago, when the colony was still only available on the Tribble testserver. Someone asked why the security officer was awarding 1.250 XP to the main track instead to morale. He asked if this is the situation due to the superior status of the security officer on the colony (responsible for transport, starting colony invasions and so on). Now, four months later, the security officer awards XP to infrastructure. In my opinion, this is still a bit odd. Because, if there is a change to be made, then it would need to be a military project, not one for the infrastructure subtrack. But, as far as I remember correctly, it was said that everything is working as intended back then.

I would like to mention that there are still several more issues, which have been reported four months ago, but not yet been addressed. As a player, there is simply no way of knowing whether things are working as they should or not. Now, when every fleet is in the middle of building their fleet colony, I hope changes will be made in such a way that there are no negative impact on the players and the fleets.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Well it would not be the first time this sort of thing led to roll-backs would it?

The whole business with people leveling up too fast that shall be know as Tau Dewa-gate (post DR) was a result of an exploit that WAS pointed out of Tribble BEFORE it went live and guess what.....it still ended up on the live server and people still took advantage of it. The result was roll-back to player using that "exploit".

I'd have hoped Cryptic would not do the same thing again but this certainly has the same wiff about it. A problem some people pointed out on Tribble reaches the live server, fleets take advantage, fix happens.......???
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Looks like all the bugs are at the colonies.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpzmPYAh2aE
    Humor. What a concept.
    giphy.gif
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    File under the old adage "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is". Anytime something that's not wai is used, the person using it incurs the risk of it being fixed. Like all the people who paid way more than it was worth for the original kemocite, only to find themselves out money when it gets fixed and the price goes down.
  • Options
    sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    When they switched fleet donations from commodities to EC, you started at 0 EC at any unfinished project, regardless if you had already invested EC and filled it to 98%.
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

This discussion has been closed.