test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

“Ghost” uniform causing a lot of visual problem in game

cassilda#7197 cassilda Member Posts: 86 Arc User
edited January 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I don't know how this did happened, but my Romulan character has a uniform that is not normally visible using the tailor window, but that appears in space if the “change uniform” option is used when enlisting a new BOFF.
This uniform doesn't appear normally and it cannot be removed in game, but it makes a lot of unwanted apparitions: practically, my character is shown wearing a different costume compared to the one she should be wearing.
This wrong uniform shows up in the info picture, when starting a land mission, sometimes appears also in the character selection screen, the one with the ship and the captain with his/her bridge officers and also in some mission cutscenes.
This happens with fairly regular occurrences.

The first one is the “ghost” uniform viewed from the BOFF edit uniform option when enlisting him/her:

314axom.jpg

But it isn't possible to view this costume with the regular tailor:

2e1wwbb.jpg

The ghost uniform appears in the info panel clicking the portrait in the upper left corner of the screen when on land:

30nhdp0.jpg

And when starting a land mission, even if not every time:

bimsgj.jpg

During the cutscenes:

qs395i.jpg
2ee9bft.jpg

And in the character selection screen:

14weybo.jpg
Post edited by cassilda#7197 on

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, it's quite simple, actually. The game tends to default to the first uniform in the tailor, what I did is make sure the first uniform in the window is the one I want to use... its an odd bug, but if you do that, it wont bother you anymore.

Thou is odd that does nor appear in your listing..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    The fact that doesn't appears is the reason is so problematic, as the only way to access the costume it's with the BOFFs edit after recruiting them. I suppose it could be solved also deleting the uniform, but I cannot do it and also the support agent said to me that they can't do it without a patch.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I've had the same issue for almost a year now. It also won't recognize your correct rank in those phantom uniform slots. Only gives Ensign rank.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    It happened to you too with a Romulan character?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My KDF Klingon Captain originally had a Winter Coat equipped for the first Tailor slot. The first slot has long since been changed to something else AND that outfit appears nowhere in ANY Tailor slot. Yet, when the Character is logged off in Space, that Winter Coat will always show on the Character Select Screen.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    My KDF Klingon Captain originally had a Winter Coat equipped for the first Tailor slot. The first slot has long since been changed to something else AND that outfit appears nowhere in ANY Tailor slot. Yet, when the Character is logged off in Space, that Winter Coat will always show on the Character Select Screen.

Seems like the same problem I've got with my char.
  • Options
    Today I played the mission on Defera and I used the Shard of Possibilities. My character was duplicated with the usual "ghost uniform" instead of her actual one (you can see that the "ghost" version lacks the fleet admiral rank on her shoulders) and also using the old name of the character, before I renamed her to Adiya with a token.

2nsxt04.jpg
  • Options
    I think I've finally understood how these "ghost" uniforms are created: it happens creating a new uniform form the "BOFF editing interface" but it doesn't happen normally, as the client doesn't let you create a new uniform from this page.
    17yb7m.jpg
    1zx4mjp.jpg
    But it seems an issue linked to have previously renamed your character, as in this case creating a new uniform it does duplicate your character costume, creating new ghost copies (and causing all the related problems).
    34owwt2.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Bumping up the thread as the issue is not yet resolved after different patches since my report.
  • Options
    renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    I have a similar problem with a KDF Orion character. Her first uniform had been the "slave girl" type. But, I've long since changed that. Still, if I log her off in space, that is the uniform that is visible on the character log in screen. It won't default to the current first uniform. It's maddening.
  • Options
    Seems exactly the same bug. I really hope the devs will do something about it.