test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Console] The Privateer Lock Box Prizes Come to the Infinity Lock Box!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
The Infinity Lock Box is returning on Xbox One and Playstation 4, and bringing with it the prizes of the Privateer Lock Box!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/10710754

Comments

• Options
    fishrokkfishrokk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Star Trek Online is a video game that I play for fun. One that is much more complex than video poker, and in a franchise that is about a more perfect future. One of the reasons I am a fan, and that I play this game, is that I believe we are capable as a species of that more perfect future.

I doubt you would find many Starfleet officers, Klingon warriors or Romulan operatives around a dabo table.

I will continue discarding every lockbox that drops.

You should really figure out a better way to monetize the game.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Playing on consoles I admittedly burn a few bucks for keys sufficient to open enough of any new box to see what pops out, using what I want, then banking the rest for my other toons. The Infinity box was the most diverse offered thus far on consoles, but seeing it rebound so soon, with additional content from other recent console lock boxes is not enough to prompt me to make the plunge again.

Now, HAD they included items from boxes as of yet not on consoles such as the Mirror, Year of Hell, Voth, Ferengi, etc. - well then, YEAH; I would have opted in for more Infinity box keys. As is, not so much. Not a deal-breaker or anything. Just saying!
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    > @captainwells said:
    >
    > Now, HAD they included items from boxes as of yet not on consoles such as the Mirror, Year of Hell, Voth, Ferengi, etc. - well then, YEAH; I would have opted in for more Infinity box keys. As is, not so much. Not a deal-breaker or anything. Just saying!

They DO contain that stuff too. Where did you get that they don't? Their content is exactly the same as the Infinity Box on PC. You sure you opened them? Well I did plus what I see on the exchange and in the Lobi store, it is all in there. :)

Take a look at their content here: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Lock_Box
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Although having Infinity Boxes is nice and dandy....they do not drop in loot now (anywhere, others reporting the same). So something broke when activating them. They are only available in Dil. store and as mission rewards (at least on PS4). Can that be looked at please @ambassadorkael#6946 ?
  • Options
    Although having Infinity Boxes is nice and dandy....they do not drop in loot now (anywhere, others reporting the same). So something broke when activating them. They are only available in Dil. store and as mission rewards (at least on PS4). Can that be looked at please @ambassadorkael#6946 ?

Well. I got that one wrong, no way to weasel out of it. ("Damn. I hate when that happens!")
  • Options
    > @captainwells said:
    >
    > Now, HAD they included items from boxes as of yet not on consoles such as the Mirror, Year of Hell, Voth, Ferengi, etc. - well then, YEAH; I would have opted in for more Infinity box keys. As is, not so much. Not a deal-breaker or anything. Just saying!

They DO contain that stuff too. Where did you get that they don't? Their content is exactly the same as the Infinity Box on PC. You sure you opened them? Well I did plus what I see on the exchange and in the Lobi store, it is all in there. :)

Take a look at their content here: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Lock_Box

Well. I got that one wrong, no way to weasel out of it. ("Damn. I hate when that happens!")