test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xbox one - Random crashes after 10/17 patch

My game has been randomly crashing after the 10/17 patch. I notice it mostly crashes when my Fed character is beaming to the Starfleet Academy. It crashes once when I was switching character. My characters are always stationed in the Academy, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this bug.

Comments

• Options
    reddwarf#5987 reddwarf Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'm suffering the same issues.

6 crashes when switching characters. This involved Federation, Original Series and Romulan/Federation captains at Starfleet Academy (although they are all based there so it may be a coincidence).

1 crash when beaming to Starfleet Academy from Spacedock (Federation captain)

1 crash when beaming to Starfleet Academy from orbit (Romulan/Federation captain)

1 crash when beaming to New Romulus Staging Area from orbit. (Klingon captain)

It should be noted these crashes don't happen every time. I've switched characters plenty of times without issues. I have also beamed to and from Starfleet Academy and the Romulan Staging Area without issue too. Each crash dumps me back to the Xbox dashboard.
    Post edited by reddwarf#5987 on
  • Options
    awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    this is starting to get annoying, I'm spending just as much time loading the game as I am playing since the maintenance.

so they try and fix random crashes for a few people by making it so even more people crash

this same TRIBBLE happened when the summer event was going on and a few people were complaining about being in space when they logged out while down on risa, and the fix started making a hugh amount of peoples games start crashing randomly like this.
  • Options
    coldspike1coldspike1 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    happen to me this morning
  • Options
    chris#9014 chris Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Ok, this is getting ridiculous. Twice after finishing an stf, the game crashed when loading back to ESD and the second time to the Academy. Please fix this ASAP.
  • Options
    I see over on the PS4 section that PS4 players are experiencing the same random crashes issue after the 10/17 patch. Could you please get this fixed ASAP. It's very annoying the game randomly crashes switching between maps.
  • Options
    sinistra425#8252 sinistra425 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    We are getting the same response on the PS4, Nothing. So you guys aren't the only ones having issues.
  • Options
    denaresdenares Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same here, multiple times it’s crashed to the home screen; all since the big patch the other day.
  • Options
    awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    it mainly seems to occur when ever you try to beam to a populated area or open mission areas like the earth space dock, 1st city, the academy (Klingon and federation), new romulas command, kobali prime, defera, new romulas and nukara.

happens ever time I finish a pve or log into a different character that was in one of those places, as a temp fix I just leave my characters in space before starting a pve
  • Options
    pixelatedpixiepixelatedpixie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Has anyone tried deleting the game and re-installing? I'd like to know if this works before doing a full re-install as it is quite time-consuming but I'd also rather do that than wait for a fix... this issue is causing so much frustration.
  • Options
    I have uninstalled the game and reinstsalled it. Same random crashes after I reinstalled the game. I even tried moving the game from my external usb drive back to the internal drive, still it randomly crashes switching from maps. What a waste of time. Just wait for cryptic to issue a fix, if they actually issue a fix. Don't waste your time reinstalling it like I did.
  • Options
    croesiscroesis Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The error message given on the PS4 suggest an error with online files rather than the console clients, so a re-install would have no effect. This has ben happening to me since the update and has happen both in populated areas and single player instances, both on loading and during the middle of a mission, though the latter is much less frequent. Seems to be completely at random, nothing taxing the console at all. Seems like its an error server side.
  • Options
    wranglerxrob#4214 wranglerxrob Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I've been having the same random crashes too many time to count now. And now I have a new crash while playing the Expanse episode. It crashes at the same point every time. Please fix soon.
  • Options
    jaylovesashjaylovesash Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Agree with everyone whos saying this needs addressing asap. Too much more of this and i wont be playing as the game is pretty much unplayable at this point. I have 2 characters (1 Romulan, 1 Starfleet) who cant progress past Engineering to the Bridge on the USS Madison in Beyond the Nexus Mission, have tried about 7 or 8 times now and the game crashes in the exact same spot every time. Also have a male Romulan character that is stuck on a Deep Space K7 Mission. I issued a ticket to support months ago about this, they removed me to sector space and once again my character is stuck on K&. These bugs need to be addressed. Im a life time subsriber and very annoyed with this. For a free to play game we all expec.t a WORKING game
  • Options
    crashdownbsg#7928 crashdownbsg Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I'm having the exact same issue, 2 Fed captains stuck in Sol, a KDF stuck in a Delta Quadrant mission, and my 4th fed captain is OK in sector space atm, but I'm scared to go anywhere!