Install Arc
Options

[PC] Hearts and Minds Returns for Friday the 13th

2»

Comments

• Options
    finious2finious2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    hearts and mind says you can play it till the 15th in the post you made but i go to play it this morning and no not there look at calendar say it closed at 6 am on the 14th. please get your dates right since i had to work 15 hours yesterday i did not get to play it thank you STO.

i Quote It is available to play from around 6pm PT October 12th until around 6am PT Sunday, October 15th.
  • Options
    djblack71#6265 djblack71 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    (Hearts and Minds takes place in the Donatu sector of the Eta Eridani sector block, at a lunar research station in the Donatu system and characters level 11+ can accept this mission. Hail Franklin Drake (Federation officers and Romulans allied with the Federation) or K’Men (Klingon officers and Romulans allied with the KDF) to undertake this mission. It is available to play from around 6pm PT October 12th until around 6am PT Sunday, October 15th.)

Yet on the in game Calendar it says it ended at 6am on the 14th ... good one Devs, maybe you guys need to talk with each other before you guys post things, I wasn't home yesterday was going to play it this morning, well I guess not.
  • Options
    jesterdavid#0862 jesterdavid Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Another one here who planned to play first thing on the Saturday after a busy Friday (no evenings off from fatherhood and/or being a husband) only to find it had ended the previous night.

Thankfully, it *looks* like it's scheduled again for Halloween.
  • Options
    sov888sov888 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Another one here who planned to play first thing on the Saturday after a busy Friday (no evenings off from fatherhood and/or being a husband) only to find it had ended the previous night.

Thankfully, it *looks* like it's scheduled again for Halloween.

Me too...saw the news post and was going to do it Sunday...but just popped in to find it's over :(
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Blogs for this have been wrong for years and have been at odds with the In-game Calendar, especially in ending times.

I do know that one time I was able to run it twice during an event on a Character. There may have been a glitch in the ending time during that event.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I enjoyed this mission as I always do with it's limited run time. Glad to see it is available again at the end of the month & it is adding something new too.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Blogs for this have been wrong for years and have been at odds with the In-game Calendar, especially in ending times.

I do know that one time I was able to run it twice during an event on a Character. There may have been a glitch in the ending time during that event.

It was fine in every blog before this year. Always agreed with the in-game time of 36 hours until the January one, and now this one. Strangely, there were no blogs, news posts or discussion threads for either time that it ran last year. Perhaps it did have a shorter cooldown in some run between 2012 and 2016, but I never encountered it. Every time that I did it, it was 40 hours, as it was in the earliest runs, and as it is now. I'm sure that there were a few runs of it that I didn't participate in, since my characters probably all had the rewards.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    It is gone on PC, nice work cryptic at another QA fail.
  • Options
    rectiirectii Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    well...I'm certainly no 'console kiddie"...I'm on PC, as is any REAL gamer, but the 'Hearts and Minds' episode DOES NOT show up AT ALL....can't be hailed by K'Men on my KDF char...been flying around the wasteland of the Donatu system...nothing. I'd like to play it, but there appears NO WAY to find or accept it....WTF, Cryptic ?? 'Fake News' ??
    The Game itself is nothing. The playing of it...? Everything !!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It ended this morning, you can't run it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    And there was something new this time, too: voice acting for Dr. Sibak's logs and for the missions givers on both sides. I don't remember hearing them before. Looking forward to the Hallowe'en run.
  • Options
    geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I would really love it if they would open up some of the other areas for Halloween, like the Undine Terradome in the Beta quadrent. Use it to bring back some of the old content, with some bugs squashed and everything nice and shiny.

And if the Undine happened to catch a rerun of Catspaw from the TOS marathon and wanted to simulate that... that could be scarry