test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Dilithium Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
PC Captains can earn bonus dilithium this weekend!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10580114

Comments

• Options
    iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    ummm. contradiction much?

"Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
    This excludes Event Reputation Projects"
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Tier 5 Reputation Dilitium reward (32.5k) does NOT get the bonus. The Dilitium you get from the Daily/Hourly Reputation point Projects DO get the Bonus. That is why the seeming contradiction in the News Blog.

The Reputation Marks or Reputation 'Elite' Marks Conversion to Dilitium Projects do NOT get the bonus (this way those Projects are 'valuable' all year long).

Admiralty Mission and Doff Mission Dilitium rewards DO get the Bonus. The Admiralty 10 of 10 Campaign Dilitium rewards for the KDF and Ferengi Campaigns (30k each) do NOT get the bonus.

Any turn-ins of things like the Bonus Crystalline Shards Projects from the Crystalline Cataclysm Event, or the corresponding items from the Mirror Invasion or Breach Events do NOT get the bonus.

I think this just about covers all the stuff between the lines.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    What about story replays? do those get a bonus? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    some people don't go to the effort of grinding out 8k a day on every character.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I was all ready and even made alts which I hate as I'm a pretty much a one toon guy. Nonetheless I want to use up the over 100 rich mining claims I have but I was just told they are limited to one per day. .WTF? There is a cap on processed why limit an ancillary reward from opening boxes? I hate the entire mining thing in the first place but I was going to buckle down and get it done just to get rid of them trying not to add to my one million plus stock pile on my toon as much as possible...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    Yes, once per 20 hours per Character. Given the 8k - 9k refining limit per day, seems crazy. It only would be a problem, in their minds, if Lifetime Subscribers built up a large stock of Unrefined and let the auto refine of 8k per day for up to a week, allowed those Characters to only log in once a Week.

Metrics©® you know. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    What about story replays? do those get a bonus? :p

Yes, markhawkman, storyline missions do reward the dilithium bonus as well. So completing or redoing both are beneficial.

• Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    ...Nonetheless I want to use up the over 100 rich mining claims I have but I was just told they are limited to one per day. .WTF? ...

You can convert as many of the claims to reputation or fleet vouchers immediately. There's more potential dilithium by using them up in the daily but that's a personal decision to make. I don't usually do the lockbox thing, but I've had a few keys here and there from excess EC and once received a claim that I immediately turned in to a fleet voucher since it will already take me years to refine my existing ore and I really don't need more stuff to refine.

Voucher dilithium is no where near as versatile as regular refined dilithium but it still has it's uses.

• Options
    He was being facetious. I only laid out the situations where NO bonus is given with closely aligned things that do. Assume that all other things get the 50% Bonus. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    ~puts on a spacesuit, grabs a laser drill and a large pot of coffee, and a large pot of tea, and heads out onto asteroid surface~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Don't forget your Academy Midterms.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Don't forget your Academy Midterms.

Excellent suggestion, Itminns, & if in case anyone needs help on them here are the 'Cliffnotes' version. That was their title back in my day at least I think they are called something else now for the younglings. Anyways, here's a link for all those questions:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lore

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Bonus Dilithium Weekends.

That special time when I decide I'm going to actually go and mine for Dil so I can save up for things later down the road. Then I burn out after one alt on the first day and I try to forget the whole mining experience. Which works because the next time it comes up, I figure I'll mine to add to the war chest and we rinse/repeat.

Gawd I hate mining.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    The only Mining Claims I converted to Reputation or Fleet Dilitium were the Bound to Character ones from the before-times.

Just a note here, in typical Cryptic fashion, if you have Character and Account Bound Claims in your Inventory, they will convert the Account Bound ones first. Fortunately, I tested it on only one conversion first.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Tier 5 Reputation Dilitium reward (32.5k) does NOT get the bonus. The Dilitium you get from the Daily/Hourly Reputation point Projects DO get the Bonus. That is why the seeming contradiction in the News Blog.

Looking at it in game over the past few days shows that daily and hourly projects do not get the bonus, which I thought was the case. That being so, the list of dilithium-granting reputation projects that receive the bonus look like this:

Yeah, nothing. That note about event reputation projects has confused me since they put it in a while back. I'd suggest changing it to read "Reputation projects are excluded from this event."
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.