test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deleting Costumes And Hiding Empty Boff Slots?

I’ve been trying sorting out my costumes recently but I’ve been unable to remove some of my unwanted costumes, so I’ve been wondering if it would be possible to update the costume slots so you can delete them but keep the slot empty like dismissing a ship or bridge officer?

I’ve also think it would be good if the empty bridge officer slots were hidden like the ship slots in the ship selector, so that we don’t have a column of empty slots on the side.

If anyone else would like to see this happen, feel free to post your replies.
"I think, when one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable like…like old leather. And finally… it becomes so familiar that one can't remember feeling any other way."
- Jean-Luc Picard

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I prefer having the empty boff slots visible without needing to find a number somewhere else, but I don't feel strongly about it.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes, deleting costumes would be nice...if only to get rid of bugged costumes.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Is there any need?
    Simply edit the unwanted costume and overwrite it with a new one. Click 'save'. Unwanted costume gone, character wearing new one. Job done.

^^ This.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    heck, you can even use a default template to make it faster
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Is there any need?
    Simply edit the unwanted costume and overwrite it with a new one. Click 'save'. Unwanted costume gone, character wearing new one. Job done.
    Yes there is.
    I have bugged costumes that can be neither edited nor worn.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Is there any need?
    Yes there is.
    Oh, you created a ground costume on a space map didn't you? There IS a way... but it requires acquiring a disposable boff, going to a space map, commissioning the boff, then opening the tailor to edit the boff's costume, but instead swapping to your captain's costume list and tinkering with the broken one.

I have no idea if this would fix anything, it'd probably just change it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Actually, on consoles (still) there's some people with captains that can't use slots for anything other than Uniform. My temporal captain being one so afflicted. Though, sad part is, it's an unused slot... can't get more deleted than new. Heck, even for that time before they 'fixed' the tailor noone could edit their costumes outside of Uniform. Having an option to erase a costume could have well relieved the issue as for the whole of that time new slots could be used to make new costumes... if you didn't mind buying them.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    Is there any need?
    Yes there is.
    Oh, you created a ground costume on a space map didn't you? There IS a way... but it requires acquiring a disposable boff, going to a space map, commissioning the boff, then opening the tailor to edit the boff's costume, but instead swapping to your captain's costume list and tinkering with the broken one.

I have no idea if this would fix anything, it'd probably just change it.
    Yes, that's how they came to be. But no, commissioning another boff to go back to the space tailor does not allow editing the broken costumes, either.

And in any case, I don't want to edit them, I want to get rid of them. They randomly show up during cutscenes and it looks totally stupid.