2»

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    uh what? the kdf intro and early mission are only 3 years old​​
    they are?! they certain feel a lot older when you play them.

Yep. IIRC, the ability to start a Klingon from Level 1 was added with LoR. Before that you started them later after you had worked a FED character up, so low level play for "the other faction" wasn't considered a priority by the Powers that Be. Once Romulans were added from scratch, a need for a beginning Klingon experience was (at last) recognized.

As for this story - I love it! As others have said, VERY well done. I have to add that it looks like Kurn's memory is starting to surface (that Bekk comment startled me, too). It would be nice to think that J'mpok has some well-deserved duel-induced death-based redemption coming from Martok, but I don't think they'll go that route.

Then again, it would be dramatic, VERY Klingon, and (since we are stuck with the awful cross-faction Alliance now) replacing a Head of State (and main story Quest Giver) shouldn't be such a tough practical consideration from a game POV, either.

I'm hoping we get to meet Adet'pa, though - she is extremely cool! And maybe she can make a Tovan Khev voodoo doll in her spare time.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    arionisa wrote: »
    Since we are all one big (somewhat) happy family now, I am sure that the most famous admirals from the Federation and the Romulans will be involved in any Kilngon war, even a civil war.......

Other than creating a new faction (please, please, please) I don't see Cryptic spending the time and money to create new content for a single, existing faction. Granted AoY was new Fed content only, but it was at least a (semi) new faction.

Having many KDF and Rom toons, I would absolutely love to see new KDF and Rom content, but even more, I want to see STO still here when I'm finally able to retire in ten years or so and have time to really play a lot, and basically wasting resources to create new content for just a portion of the player base instead of creating new content for all isn't likely to help keep the game going.
    Honestly I'd prefer that cryptic remade the klingon intro and early missions before even thinking of making new KDF exclusive content, those are some of the oldest parts in the game at the moment and show it.

honestly I can't see any new faction exclusive content coming about, seperate responces or story branches within new cross-faction missions that I can see but I seriously dout there will be any faction exclusive content outside of the foundry be it for SF, KDF or RRN

First of all...the 1-20 KDF content was released two weeks after Legacy of Romulus debuted, and it was done off-the-clock (meaning in the spare time of a couple dev team members, instead of on billable hours). Prior to that, you had to level a Fed, and only THEN could you start a KDF...with no low-level content..at all.

so, as has been pointed out, those are only 3 year old missions. If they seem 'older' it's in large part because they were assembled by enthusiasts on the staff, off-hours, without the technical and material support that funded mission content gets.

that certainly explain the rather older feeling story progression and gameplay (that said the story itself is great and I did enjoy it when I redid while leveling my Tac klingon (as in an actual klingon not just KDF) character and it felt more in character with him then with my orion engineer.

not bashing the devs but it being a off-hours side project explains why it didn't get the polish some later missions got.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Just remember: Too many Witches of Koord spoils the broth!