test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Key Sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
It's PC Captains' turn to save on keys for more than a week!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10464183

Comments

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I swear you guys must have my computer bugged or something. Every time I've said I'm going to save cash in the last while I'm convinced someone at Cryptic that makes these decisions sits back and is like "hold my beer." tis epicness
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    When I bought my keys 2 days ago, I got a weird feeling about it, as if something was going to happen.

Now I know why.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Q: What are the odds that a Zen sale is going to crop up within this window?

A: %100, but only the day after you already spent your money.

But seriously though is there gonna be another layered sale here or is this it?
  • Options
    msb777msb777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    i bought 16 keys a couple of hours before the the anounsmint of the sale. so in the future can we get it at least 2 or 3 days before the sale.
    Post edited by msb777 on
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    "Now is the best time for Captains to load up on your Keys and grab those ships you’ve been eyeing."

Or, more to the point, now is the time to buy some keys, sell them on the exchange, and then take that money and actually get the ship they want. Or they can play the lock box lottery and hope for the best.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    "Now is the best time for Captains to load up on your Keys and grab those ships you’ve been eyeing."

Or, more to the point, now is the time to buy some keys, sell them on the exchange, and then take that money and actually get the ship they want. Or they can play the lock box lottery and hope for the best.

A word of advice from someone who's opened his fair share of boxes, go in with the expectation you're doing it for the lobi. if you get luck and drop a ship that's even better.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    msb777 wrote: »
    i bought 16 keys a couple of hours before the the anounsmint of the sale. so in the future can we get it at least 2 or 3 days before the sale.

The result will be people buying keys when the sale is announced, missing the actual starting date, and then complaining.

And as you should know - someone has to perform the ritual sacrifice of buying Master Keys outside a sale, so that the Sales gods are appeased and launch a sale shortly after.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.