test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't we visit Cardassia?

I wonder why it is not a place we can visit. Is it because there will be another mini Faction in the future? Just holding it off just in case?

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    you DID end up going to cardassia in one of the old cardassian struggle missions before they removed it to improve the quality of the game​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Well, it's still such a mess from that last war, and their mother-in-law is visiting next week - this is really just such a hectic time for Cardassia. Maybe next time we're in the quadrant...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Ferenginar before cardassia!!! :) but yea what he said with that list of places we cant visit, and theyve added even more recently like the first federation area and such.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    To do so they'd need to develop content to go with it to justify its cost.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Closed for rennovations...

That orbital bombardment really did a number on their tourism industry. ;)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Closed for rennovations...

That orbital bombardment really did a number on their tourism industry. ;)

Strange, I keep sending Bajoran exchange doffs there all the time. Never heard back a complaint though. B)
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    Extreme vetting.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    anything/everything before cardassia plz
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    sohtoh wrote: »
    Extreme vetting.

Extreme vetteing sounds fun actually
    cd91acf2c4615ac41f830be341440945.jpg

13398445_141924506215184_573751610_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI3NDkwODQ0MDkxODk2NDEyMg%3D%3D.2.c

And yes we cant forget the vette boat right?
    bbac0b572d810d3473df2e4349d8f3ec.jpg

you know your busted when this starts chasing you
    Z06-Corvette-Police-2.jpg

Thank god for vetteing lol

(yes ik what your saying im just having a little fun )
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    The Wall is working as intended
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    sohtoh wrote: »
    Extreme vetting.

Extreme vetteing sounds fun actually
    cd91acf2c4615ac41f830be341440945.jpg

13398445_141924506215184_573751610_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI3NDkwODQ0MDkxODk2NDEyMg%3D%3D.2.c

And yes we cant forget the vette boat right?
    bbac0b572d810d3473df2e4349d8f3ec.jpg

you know your busted when this starts chasing you
    Z06-Corvette-Police-2.jpg

Thank god for vetteing lol

(yes ik what your saying im just having a little fun )

The boat is the only one of these that looks good enough to deserve the name Vette. Now if you wanna talk about these...

http://cdn.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/161046/161046_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Or older, then we are talking about a piece of artwork in motion.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    ev1taev1ta Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Someone would like to visit Cardassia though.

latest?cb=20150214002901
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Cardassians don't like off-worlders.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    There is a Cardassian story arc, so it seems kind of weird having bajor as a place and not Cardassia. Would like a Cardassian mini fraction.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Only way will get that map is if there was a mission on Cardassia.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    At one point people were conviced Cardys were to become a faction, it never happened. I seem to remember reading in a list of unreleased/unfinished content in which there was also work done to create some Ferenghinar. The management of the game over the last few years points to effort being made to get replay out of players rather than deliver tons of content: recruitment events that prompt players to roll extra tons; delta rising rasing level cap but providing nowehere near the content to do that; gear sets coming with featured missions providing incentive to play some levels up to 5 times per toon; releasing a console version; events, events, events.

The rom faction was released in 2013, and since then the nearest thing to a new faction has been time travelling feds, with the kdf being third bottom of the pile for new ships its tough to see them throwing resources into a faction that will never be as popular as the feds. And they recently cut 30 staff
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    I wonder why it is not a place we can visit. Is it because there will be another mini Faction in the future? Just holding it off just in case?

The minute you beam down Garak will stab you in the throat with pair of Pinking shears....
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It was and Cryptic was recruiting at the same time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    ev1ta wrote: »
    Someone would like to visit Cardassia though.

latest?cb=20150214002901

Chirp chirp! Chirp chirp chirp!
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    The Federation president, in case you missed his speech in Paris, called for making The Federation great again, so we have to focus on our own home worlds and not help those outside the Federation.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Also.. this happened. So theres probably an invisible galactic wall preventing people from getting in

http://bit.ly/2mxHHpu