test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Romulus Space Dock (New Social hub for all the factions) idea

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
This would be one thing they could do add to the romulan faction a starbase in orbit of New Romulus that is as big as Earth Space Dock that could also be a social Hub for Kdf and Starfleet Captains, Maybe giving another Option for Zone Chat Hub as well. Would you like to see a New Romulan Space dock Starbase Hub? I would, a mulifaction Hub that can be like Earth Space dock that every faction can get together in.

New Romulus Space Dock (New Social hub for all the factions) idea 19 votes

Yes please a Neutral location where Kdf and feds and Romulans can hang out and talk in Zone chat together would be nice.
57%
gaevsmankyle223catalandoril1captainbmoneybaudlkekvinthevampinatormneme0texashammerjorantomalakshrimphead2015 11 votes
No Romulans don't need special stuff like Federation and New Romulus Space Dock would be a nightmare. Because all the Zone chatters would go here from all the factions.
5%
meimeitoo 1 vote
No because Romulans don't need anything Speical.
21%
cidjacknimbullsistericstorules 4 votes
Yes because Feds get enough stuff we Romulans need stuff too.
15%
tolmariusdamienoz72grughar 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Your first Yes option already exists. It's the New Romulus ground map everyone can get to once they reach level 50. Has bank, mail, exchange etc.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'd rather have more than one general bridge pack for Romulan ships. Hell the KDF doesn't even have a star base like ESD in Qo'nos because they have First City. Romulan ESD so to speak is the command center where the embassies are on New Romulus.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I can't answer this poll, because all of the answers are biased. That being said, the Romulan version of ESD is the Flotilla. It's inconveniently located, but it functions the same. As for the rest of what you want, it also exists in the form of the planet, New Romulus. If only Earth and Qo'nos had as much content as New Romulus...
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Where's the "No, we don't need anymore useless social zones" -option?
    And the "No, they should make the existing social zones crossfaction first" -option?
    And of course the "No, the romulans already have an ESD analogue, they just need a beam-up to the flotilla" -option?

Also funny you should talk about romulans getting something special...you do know the RR is the only faction that has exclusive social zones, yes?
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    Yes please a Neutral location where Kdf and feds and Romulans can hang out and talk in Zone chat together would be nice.
    I vote yes, but it is about as relevant as DS9, Bajor, Drozana, dyson command, and one or two more...
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Where's the "No, we don't need anymore useless social zones" -option?

Also going with that one. We've got fully functional and abbandoned social zones all over the place, both factional and cross-faction. So why add even more?
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yes, but just open the flotilla to all factions, as it would be more practical..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Isn't 12 neutral hubs enough?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Yes, but just open the flotilla to all factions, as it would be more practical..

This would make more sense. Since the whole theme now is Alliance every place should just be opened up for anyone. First City, ESD, Romulan Command, etc. Even fleet starbases should allow cross faction invites.
  • Options
    No, opening up Faction exclusive social hubs to cross Faction doesn't make sense, because you still have new players/characters working through the Federation-Klingon War. They'd have to create new maps on Earth/ESD/Qo'nos for Alliance/cross Faction interaction, which I'm all for, but don't see happening either.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    Your first Yes option already exists. It's the New Romulus ground map everyone can get to once they reach level 50. Has bank, mail, exchange etc.

Not to mention there is DS9, Drozanna and Risa during the summer.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Biased poll with inadequate choices. Roms finally got catfood and prisoner doff on NRC, and their layout is much better than horrible Qonos with everything being out of reach. Can't complain, even if it is a republican planet, and the art department made the place stunning.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    I'd rather have more than one general bridge pack for Romulan ships. Hell the KDF doesn't even have a star base like ESD in Qo'nos because they have First City. Romulan ESD so to speak is the command center where the embassies are on New Romulus.
    It does so! It's just not as close to the planet. You can actually fly over to it to use the shipyard!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Poll is silly biased push-poll. Romulans already have 2 private zones (command, flotilla), a fleet zone (embassy) and one public zone (staging area).

I'd rather the devs give us more ship interiors or add the Reman undercity.
  • Options
    nimbull wrote: »
    It does so! It's just not as close to the planet. You can actually fly over to it to use the shipyard!

That's a prop not a place for players to go. What I said stands because the KDF's place is First City and not the starbase prop far and away from the planet unlike ESD which is up close and personal not to mention much more larger.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    New Romulus Command is basically Romulan ESD, only prettier. And the Flotilla also has the same functionality.

If we get another social zone, it will most likely be a cross faction in the Alpha Quadrant closer to the Tzenkethi Battlezone. While DS9 is becoming a more common hangout again for endgame content, THAT hub needs a makeover. DS9 is showing its age compared to places like ESD. UNLEASH THE TACO ON DS9 ALREADY!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    sh itty poll options are sh itty....
    Yes want orbiting defenses and starbase over mol'rihan
    no dont want another faction neutral social hub there
    no dont need another social hub no one visit
    no an extra social hub in that region would be superfluous
    Yes Romulans need more special stuff, exclusive to them
    Yes unleash the fanged taco on Hachae s'Temer(the city) to develop our academy, reman area and other cool spots.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    No Romulans don't need special stuff like Federation and New Romulus Space Dock would be a nightmare. Because all the Zone chatters would go here from all the factions.
    I'd settle for a transwarp to the Flotilla.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    sh itty poll options are sh itty.....

^^ Oh, and this!

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    tempus64 wrote: »

Not to mention there is DS9, Drozanna and Risa during the summer.

You can still go to the resort on Risa and use the bank/mail/exchange. There just aren't any games/activities to do, unless you make them up yourself.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Space Docks don't fare too well in this game. And with everybody attacking New Romulus all the time, and T'Ket still on the loose, property values on the Dock would continue to plummet. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Simply move the Flotilla into New Romulus orbit where it belongs after the planet is discovered.

You can't do that, because storyline missions need it where it is.
    GrWzQke.png