test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - JUNE 21, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160618a.1

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

New Features:

New Episode: Terminal Expanse
General:
  • The animation system has been overhauled from the backend.
    • This overhaul does not alter the animations in game but could produce a number of potential issues we are in the process of addressing.
  • Added an extra free character slot to all accounts.
  • The Entropy UI is now available on Bridge Officers with this ability.
  • All new TOS themed content has had updates made to art, audio, VO, text, and icons.
  • All new TOS themed content has had numerous issues resolved including:
    • Missing waypoints
    • Progression blockers while in teams
    • Timing issues which could block mission progression
  • Gateway to Gre'thor: Resolved a spawn portal near the shipyard that wasn't spawning enemy ships.
  • Made adjustments to TOS Tellerite model’s face and height.
  • New art updates that were made for the Constitution Class will now be automatically applied without needing to discharge then reclaim the ship.
  • Slit Pupils are no longer available for humans.
  • Herald helmet no longer disappears on low end graphics cards.
  • Added new hairstyle “Woven” to a number of female species.

Systems:
  • Temporal Reputation:
    • Adjusting the potency of some Temporal Defense Initiative traits.
      • Setting the reputation’s +Damage Over Time Resists / +Damage Over Time Strength buffs to affect both Damage Over Time and Hazard effects.
      • Resolved an issue where High Yield Torpedo mines stacked Armor Penetration against the target.
      • Increased the damage of the Advanced Temporal Defense Chroniton Torpedo Launcher.
    • +All Damage for Damage-over-Time Abilities and +All Damage Resistance for Damage-over-Time Abilities also affect Hazards
    • Changed descriptions of some traits and weapon procs to better reflect functionality.
  • Boxes which award Specialization Points now require level 60 to open such as Weekly Featured Episode Reward Talentpoint Box or the Federation Tour of Duty Completion Box.
    • The Tour of Duty and promotional boxes automatically open to award their Specialization Points.
      • These now convert into Dilithium Ore when opened at the current Specialization Point cap.
  • Feedback Pulse no longer deals "Feedback Pulse" typed damage.
    • Instead it will deal damage as the same type that was inflicted upon the caster of Feedback Pulse.
  • Strategist Specialization/Counter Offensive: This passive ability no longer deals Feedback Pulse typed damage.
    • Instead it will deal damage as the same type that was inflicted upon the owner of Counter Offensive.
    • Additionally, Counter Offensive's maximum damage has been doubled.
  • Some "Armor Penetration" abilities have undergone an under-the-hood change to the way they are applied to foes.
    • This change will have zero impact on overall effectiveness of each ability, but does resolve an issue where each effect could sometimes stack momentarily:
      • Precision Offensive (R1 and R2)
      • Armor Penetration (Delta Rep T1 Offensive)
      • Penetrating Rounds (Ground R&D Trait)
  • Romulan drone ships:
    • Should be more reliable about using their holoemitters now.
    • Added ability to mimic Kazon ships.
    • Will remain in default Romulan drone ship form when they do not have information about the enemy they are fighting.
  • Invincible Starship Trait from the Zahl cruiser should no longer mistakenly trigger while the player is defeated.
    • It should only trigger if the player is alive and about to be defeated.
  • Anomalous waveforms in the Dyson Sphere - Allied Zone - Ion Stream area will only appear if the player can accept the mission to scan them, or are on the mission to scan them.
  • Wide Angle Voth Transphasic-Chroniton Torpedo Launcher, included with the Voth dreadnought, can now be upgraded.
    • Resolved an issue that caused this weapon to have slightly higher than intended damage at maximum level, but the upgraded versions (Mk 13 & 14) will be significantly better.
  • Isometric Charge no longer incorrectly benefits from effects and attachments meant to enhance Weapons.
    • This is an Exotic Damage ability.
  • Updated descriptions on Manheim Device and Tipler Cylinder consoles, to clarify which classes of "temporal" starships can use them.
    • Wells/Korath/R'mor Temporal Science Vessel
    • Mobius/Krenn/Talvath Temporal Destroyer
    • Aeon/Rozhenko Timeship,
    • Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser, Annorax Science Destroyer
  • All consoles in the Temporal Fragmentation System (Wells/Mobius/Paradox) more clearly outline which classes of Temporal Starships can equip them.
    • The Temporal Warfare Set (Lobi Store) more clearly outlines which classes of Temporal Starships can benefit from the additional bonuses on Temporal Inversion Field, and all such classes now fully benefit from said bonus
  • Kumari wing cannons can now be upgraded.
  • Resolved an issue on Withering Disruptor Split Beam Rifles which caused its secondary firing mode to alter the weapon's visual temporarily.
  • Resolved a typo on both Biomatter weapon procs to correctly indicate their proper 2km radius.
  • The Streak Breaker Starship Trait now has an accurate short description.
  • Resolved a typo in the Ferengi Lobi 3 piece set that states "only useable in the D'kora".
    • It now states that the benefit functions while in any Ferengi starship.
  • All references to incorrect spelling of "Fluidic Coccoon" have been changed to correct spelling of "Fluidic Cocoon"

Known Issues:
  • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.
  • Babel cannot be completed at this time.

Comments

• Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    For the mission The Core of the Matter, Daniels speech and animation was occurring partly out of order/sequence.
    At the end of the mission the part after you beam to his ship.
  • Options
    electrumleopardelectrumleopard Member Posts: 88 Arc User

[*] Feedback Pulse no longer deals "Feedback Pulse" typed damage.
    • Instead it will deal damage as the same type that was inflicted upon the caster of Feedback Pulse.
    [*] Strategist Specialization/Counter Offensive: This passive ability no longer deals Feedback Pulse typed damage.
    • Instead it will deal damage as the same type that was inflicted upon the owner of Counter Offensive.
    • Additionally, Counter Offensive's maximum damage has been doubled.

Does this mean that FBP damage can get boosted by tactical consoles or anything else that boosts energy damage?
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    Do the changes to Feedback Pulse mean it is no longer affected by the Exotic Particle Generator skill?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    • Added new hairstyle “Woven” to a number of female species.

Which species on which faction(s)? I just took a quick look, and couldn't find this hairstyle anywhere.
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    2 things i noticed, is the Visor-man who beams you around when your ship is outside ESD looks a bit different, also i was on "Everything Old is New", and found that my choice of BOFF's to take is way too limited, doubt it's episode related though.
  • Options
    lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    TOS Characters cannot see the Yesterdays War in the Story Arc List but can access it on the overview page under Episodes if you click the More button.

Normal Fed Characters had no issue seeing the yesterdays War arc so far... havent checked Rommy or klink yet.
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Here we go again like the old Mark Boxes auto open change. I don't want more Dilithium, I want to bank Specialization Points.

Allow some choice on what Reward to take.

Not cool if this also applies to C-Store Promotional Give-aways.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    *Tellarite, not Tellerite.​​
  • Options
    yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Could you please investigate counter-offensive's "stacking"? :)
    http://i.imgur.com/8d8Qocj.jpg
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    g00dbarg00dbar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Will the new future based temporal ships have unique bridges/interior's????
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    new mission, the most notable issues i have discovered is that before the encounter with the sphere when when there was a missing voice segment for matt winston. during the cutscene on the sphere at the end on the ground part, the envoy is speaking with a sphere builder and the conversations are overlapping. a longer delay is needed between the envoy and the sphere builders dialogues during the cutscene.
    TOS Characters cannot see the Yesterdays War in the Story Arc List but can access it on the overview page under Episodes if you click the More button.

Normal Fed Characters had no issue seeing the yesterdays War arc so far... havent checked Rommy or klink yet.

my normal character could not see it, the non tos temp agent one. i had to find it in the available missions tab.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    The animation system overhaul is noticeable. Whereas previously some animations (weapon unholstering in particular) would just pop the weapon into your hand, character now smoothly grabs weapon as intended. The only problem I see thus far, is that upon stopping from a run, legs freeze mid-air momentarily. Also, liking the new loot canister despawn.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    The animation system has been overhauled from the backend.
    • This overhaul does not alter the animations in game but could produce a number of potential issues we are in the process of addressing.

I don't know if this is on your list of issues to address, but for a while now, certain NPCs in the Great Hall on Qo'noS and on DS9 appear to twitch when they return to their standing poses; the transition is not smooth. Furthermore, the NPCs on DS9 loop through their idle animations too quickly; there used to be a longer delay between animations.
    The animation system overhaul is noticeable. Whereas previously some animations (weapon unholstering in particular) would just pop the weapon into your hand, character now smoothly grabs weapon as intended. The only problem I see thus far, is that upon stopping from a run, legs freeze mid-air momentarily. Also, liking the new loot canister despawn.

Interesting, I wonder if this also fixes the bug that causes your weapon to disappear when you activate an ability.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    So the 'Temporal Fragmentation' vessels are the older class of temporal starships versus the AoY ones coming?
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2016

Does this mean that FBP damage can get boosted by tactical consoles or anything else that boosts energy damage?

Lol, what could go wrong?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    Lot of changes, but also still an awful lot of work in progress considering that the launch is a mere 2 weeks away.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    So the 'Temporal Fragmentation' vessels are the older class of temporal starships versus the AoY ones coming?

The AoY vessels are from the 26th Century. The Wells, Aeon, Mobius and others are 29th Century.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Yeah, it looks like we're headed for a buggy/unfinished launch, as I feared. :/
  • Options
    freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    [*] Invincible Starship Trait from the Zahl cruiser should no longer mistakenly trigger while the player is defeated.
    • It should only trigger if the player is alive and about to be defeated.

Does this mean, that if a player is being "overkilled" (as in: is being reduced to 0 or less hp with one attack, without reching the threshold of the trait first) the trait won't trigger?

• Options
    Good work on the voice overs in the TOS missions so far. There are some minor glitches I noticed, on dialog boxes the voice over sometimes continues speaking what appears after you press next/continue. Then speaks the part again from the second box. Also since this patch I have been unable to select standard away team members on my TOS Andorian captain, in the TOS starting map. I'll update if I'm still unable to select standard away team members after I get to the normal 2409/2410 map with this character.

Thank you for your hard work so far, the new expansion is looking good so far. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but scanning on the ground maps with my TOS character using the V key, it shows one color if nothing scannable is nearby, and another color if there is something scannable, but not which direction the scannable item is in, like the normal scanning method we have with our other characters. I like the differences in the scanning animation both ground and space, but the ground scanning animation doesn't show which direction the scannable item is in.

I was expecting it to point me in the direction the scannable item was in, I could see it the scannable item, like in the TOS tutorial, but whichever direction I was facing, it did the animation of a scannable item being nearby, just not which direction it was in. I hope this helps, or useful for the dev's. :)

edit: Well, if it does point in the direction of the scannable item, it wasn't obvious to me. :)
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I had the same problem with the scanner on my TOS character, the scanner animation is nice but gives no indication of which direction the scanned item is relative to my character. I think the scanner was created by Microsoft, the information is 100% accurate and completely useless :p

P.S. the dialogue overlaps on the new missions but the animations are great. Loved the doomsday machine tumbling toward the planet
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User

QFT

Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Just started another play through, loving the voice overs. I also appreciate the new loot. It seems some one agreed with me about needing to get twice as much loot for the first few levels of the expansion. It was a nice surprise to check my inventory after getting the Pioneer and seeing a new impulse engine, a new shield and a phaser bank. All of green quality. I also noted an increase in the loot rewards from the first few missions. I'm stuck on Painful Omens for now but I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the expansion, both on Tribble and when it gets released.
  • Options
    nrnarnonnrnarnon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Need to look into the server not responding delay in all map transfers. Also, Doomsday and City on the edge of Never needs to be worked on. Can not complete these missions.
  • Options
    afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It would be really nice if the shield penetration for feedback pulse was removed (if it hasn't already, which would be a really really really really really nice change for PvP), so feedback pulse acted like a normal energy attack in that regard. This would result in RSP (reverse shield polarity) etc being an effective counter, but not completely so as the shield bleedthrough would do quite a bit of damage to the hull (and shield tanking for energy builds more useful). In PvE it would benefit the team more by doing more shield damage (instead of hull) (since the shields would go down more quickly for all allies damage to go straight to hull), but if the shields don't go down it would do the opposite (resulting in less damage to hull).

But thank you very much for making the change to energy!
    Post edited by afree100 on
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • Options
    seash2010seash2010 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    when will F2P ppl get back into tribble to test the new content
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    seash2010 wrote: »
    when will F2P ppl get back into tribble to test the new content

They won't, not until the launch a week on Wednesday.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Wait...what is a "Streak Breaker" shiptrait?
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    yoda2005 wrote: »
    Wait...what is a "Streak Breaker" shiptrait?

It belongs to an as-of-yet unreleased ship of which I can not give any more information about...although it is a Ferengi ship trait.
    MXeSfqV.jpg