test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Actual doff assignment reward not corresponding with UI

cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
Tribble store called, they wanted it back.

Announced reward for critting Confiscate contraband from Crew, 1x catfood, 1x tribble, 1x headache, 1x cat weed. 1371, 1439, and 573 multi-flavored xp , 125 ore. Actual reward, 3x catfood, 1x hypo (L), 1371, 1431, and 573 xp, and 125 dilithium.

Weird, huh?

Screenshot

Comments

• Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I've been getting the same problem.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    'Motion carried', as they say;
    Console - Tac - Plasma Infuser instead of Eng - Nanite (whatever they renamed Emergency Force Fields to...), two prisoners and a 5-stack of Provisions instead of three prisoners, and so forth... I've noticed it happening with KDF Marauding, ENG-department 'Experimental Upgrades' from all factions, just about every assignment that seems to reward more than Cap-Exp, BOff-Exp and Dil is bugging like this - even the R&D materials-rewarding ones.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    DOFFs assignment "Experimental Rifle..." something - result (as read on log) - Purple - but did NOT get any Rifle (got Purple "empty" rifle? :o )
  • Options
    Here's the thing. It's bjorked. Every item rewarding doff mission returns items that differ from those listed at the outcome. Even with Instigate Defection, listed is advisor Vo'tul but I get trader Rogink. A ferengi!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It's not just doff assignment rewards. Admiralty rewards, R&D crafting results, upgrade results, everything that has a random chance of rewarding somthing special does NOT actually reward what was shown in the completion report.
  • Options
    knightdadknightdad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I was noticing the same thing with Duty Officer names. I did the request new duty officer assignments from the personnel lady at Star Fleet Academy. It takes 48 hours to complete. On one of them, the last I "collected reward" on had two green quality officers. I immediately checked my roster and found two white quality officers instead. Not a huge problem, but I want it fixed.Green%20Duty%20Officers%20saved%20as%20white%201_zpsm1w46bu9.jpg
    Green%20Duty%20Officers%20saved%20as%20white%202_zpsodk23d94.jpg
    Green%20Duty%20Officers%20saved%20as%20white%204_zpssozoipko.jpg
    Green%20Duty%20Officers%20saved%20as%20white%209_zpsmtvqv9zi.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Another thing today I noticed they changed the sort on the full roster and rarity no longer shows up on the first page, you now have to click the tab to pull up the sub menu. So, either that's another bug or another non intuitive design change and what was there before was better so why change it?

They changed the text in the DOFF UI. Text in the filter names was getting cut off inside the "buttons".
    They have to adjust the text size in the filter name area, again....so whole name fits and the "Quality" button does not scroll down under the menu.

But leave the changes to the new font size in the CXP window.
    Not sure if the two are connected.
    Increased the width and made a larger font for the displayed Duty Officer XP in the Commendations window.
    Also resolved some issues with the Overview window for this when resizing it.
    The default view for the Duty Officer filters no longer has overlapping or cut off text.

See patch notes...under UI section:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9938063-star-trek-online:-release-notes:-april-28th-2016
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Got back the "Request R&D Materials" assignment today showing two Doffs in it, and when I collected it, the reward pop-up even showed two Doffs. When I went to check my roster though, nothing.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Got back the "Request R&D Materials" assignment today showing two Doffs in it, and when I collected it, the reward pop-up even showed two Doffs. When I went to check my roster though, nothing.

Yes, I noticed that as well. The reward popup floaters texts doesn't correspond with the assignment window texts, but with what's actually rewarded.
    szim wrote: »
    It's not just doff assignment rewards. Admiralty rewards, R&D crafting results, upgrade results, everything that has a random chance of rewarding somthing special does NOT actually reward what was shown in the completion report.

Agreed.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    I'll look into it today. And even though I'll say "if I find anything" I'll raise in the on going thread concerning the Doff and Admiralty systems with the Operational Support Team, I'm pretty confident something will turn up.

Ok that didn't take long. I can confirm this as an issue and will add it to the thread in the OST concerning duty officer system issues. It would a great help if those that have already contributed above to the thread, could work together and see if it's certain missions that are being affected or if the issue encompasses the majority or all of the duty officer assignments. The first one I noticed was "Strike against Fugitive support network".​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    edited May 2016
    It's every random item rewarding mission on every toon. AFAICT, the current map missions that reward R&D materials all give what's listed.
    But Engineering missions like Experimental [item] upgrades, Maurauding missions Cripple Vulcan Station, (Unauthorized) Raid on [..], Disable [..] Freighter, and Confiscate Contraband, all these are affected.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Confirmed - mainly on Experimental [...] upgrades, did not look over other assignments...
    Edit:
    I just got Plasma Rifle from Experimantal Protective Amor Upgrade... i think :p
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    sqwished wrote: »
    I'll look into it today. And even though I'll say "if I find anything" I'll raise in the on going thread concerning the Doff and Admiralty systems with the Operational Support Team, I'm pretty confident something will turn up.

Ok that didn't take long. I can confirm this as an issue and will add it to the thread in the OST concerning duty officer system issues. It would a great help if those that have already contributed above to the thread, could work together and see if it's certain missions that are being affected or if the issue encompasses the majority or all of the duty officer assignments. The first one I noticed was "Strike against Fugitive support network".​​

I've had it with pretty much any mission that rewards a "special item" like contraband or a warp core/deflector/etc, except for haggle missions which seem to work. For ex. the window says 2 contraband and I get 1 contraband, 1 hypo... or the window says 1 contraband, 1 hypo, 1 bateret incense and I get 3 contraband, as if it's giving the reverse of what it should be.

Admiralty, it's not rewarding pass tokens correctly and I don't think it's rewarding the correct amount of R&D mats, either, but it's hard to tell.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    As I'm going through my daily doffing routine I'm noticing a lot of discrepancies between what we're meant to get and what we actually are getting. But I understand that people may have different goals with regards the assignments they look for an pick up. The admiralty issue with regards to the pass tokens has been raised via another bug hunter a few days ago.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Support assignment from colo clusters as another example: In most cases you do not get the refugee/prisoner that is displayed for the completed assignment. On collecting the reward for an assignment the game rolls dice once more.
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Same issue, the reward window shows such & such doff for instigate defection.. when I collect and check the roster, the doff it showed is not the doff I wind up with . :s
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Since I don't see this explicitly noted in any of the threads, it appears that actual rarity is not impacted, just actual item delivered.

Examples:
    - Experimental Torpedo Upgrades showed a blue plasma torpedo result -> delivered blue chroniton torpedo on collection
    - Exchange Prisoners with the Dominion showed a purple Dosi named "Sulo" or something -> delivered purple Cardassian named...something not at all like Sulu
    - Pretty much every Klingon Raid or Disable [X] Freighter will show common and uncommon weapons and armor -> delivers same number of common/uncommon items but not the specific things shown
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Since I don't see this explicitly noted in any of the threads, it appears that actual rarity is not impacted, just actual item delivered.

Examples:
    - Experimental Torpedo Upgrades showed a blue plasma torpedo result -> delivered blue chroniton torpedo on collection
    - Exchange Prisoners with the Dominion showed a purple Dosi named "Sulo" or something -> delivered purple Cardassian named...something not at all like Sulu

Perhaps rarity isn't affected in Exhange Prisoners, but it sure as heck is affected in the DOFF Recruitment assignments, at least at NRC. Mine showed a Purple DOFF on one and two Blues on another, what I actually got was one Green and two Whites. Ground the green down and sent them all to the Dilithium Mine, the worthless little $#!%$.
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I've noticed the issue for items, gear, commodities, pass tokens, craftables and doffs where the collection to inventories appears incorrect. Not seen an issue with dil or flarks though. Do they perhaps get collected via a separate mechanism on the back end? Would be nice if a dev could give us a wee update about this, it's kinda worrying for doffers and crafters :)
    Post edited by mmps1 on
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    Bug Hunter Sqwished informed me he has notified the dev team, so hopefully they'll find time to fix it soon. Thanks, Sqwished.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    DOFFs assignment "Experimental Rifle..." something - result (as read on log) - Purple - but did NOT get any Rifle (got Purple "empty" rifle? :o )

Ok - THIS particular Doff mission has been borked for over a year - I have also been getting squat on critical.
    T93uSC8.jpg