test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

R&D Bugged after todays patch

cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
I have crafted 2 x Antiproton beam array mk ii [crtd]x2 [pen] and 1 x [dmg]x2 [pen], But when I collected after completion the mods changed once in inventory to TRIBBLE :(

Comments

• Options
    theshroudedtheshrouded Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I am having the same issue was crafting a ap dual beam bank with a [CrtD]x3 mod and I get a [Acc] [CrtH] [Over] mod, this needs to be fixed
  • Options
    heylookitsme#1706 heylookitsme Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Me and a friend are having same issue, craft the item, and go to check on it and the stats are completely different from whats being crafted...not just weapons but consoles ect.
  • Options
    dataalfdataalf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Every single crafted beam screwed up... during upgrade weekend event... bravo...
  • Options
    captainretsetcaptainretset Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Same problem here. Lost a nice photon torpedo launcher [CRTD]x2 [PEN] to it. I have screenshotted a weapon in production and at collection if it is of interest to a dev. The issue is totally reproducible. The only variable seems to be that sometimes the stats show as changed when the item is ready to collect and sometimes only once it hits the inventory. I think the difference is whether the In Progress screen stays on at the moment the item is ready ... if so you have to wait for it to hit the inventory for it to go wrong.
  • Options
    cwpetrocwpetro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I just had the same issue you guys have been having. Had 2 [crtd]x2 [pen] that would turn into [acc]x2 [pen] or [dmg]x2 [pen] when completed. just about every beam array I have crafted today results in mods that differ from the window.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    oh my, hope this is fixed or the upgrade weekend event is a bust for me. I will hold off until tomorrow to start them, Got lots of crtd x3's to upgrade.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    dataalfdataalf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    oh my, hope this is fixed or the upgrade weekend event is a bust for me. I will hold off until tomorrow to start them, Got lots of crtd x3's to upgrade.

It's the crafting system affected not the upgrading one. Upgrades work just fine.
  • Options
    theshroudedtheshrouded Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    dataalf wrote: »
    tarran61 wrote: »

It's the crafting system affected not the upgrading one. Upgrades work just fine.

nope I had the the upgrading of one change on me
  • Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Two big problems I'm noticing:
    1. Items disappear if you forget to claim them after upgrading and before logging out with the character.
    2. I've been crafting Quantum Torpedos Mk II, and every single one has its mods changed when I Collect Result.
    Post edited by johnnyray14#4257 on
  • Options
    icevixenicevixen Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Having the same issue crafting beam array's and the one being crafted changes by the time it hit's my bags, I have lost a few decent upgrades this way and it's really starting to grate.
  • Options
    rjd66rjd66 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    This is just fantastic cryptic, I FINALLY get crtdx2 pen and it turns into a pos beam. WTF. One crafting weekend we get a "forgotten" stealth nerf on plasma consoles now this. How the hell do you people still have jobs..I mean really.

Ok maybe I should have not written something so harsh but this game is getting to be one problem after another.....
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    wow, thx i'm not crazy :p i have exactly the same problem.

screenshots edited to hide the personal chat

http://s32.postimg.org/4x7kmoaxh/capture_001.jpg
    http://s32.postimg.org/qaborx9hx/capture_002.jpg

I had in the r&d system, 1 AP crtdx3, 1 tetryon crtdx2 pen (I wanted absolutely this one for my fed engineer), 1 Ap dmgx2 pen, and 1 phaser with interesting mods,
    Post edited by sennahcherib on
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Yup, I can confirm this. The mods shown in the R&D screen are not the ones your crafted weapon gets once it is completed. I have to recheck every single crafted item in my inventory for the desired mods.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I can confirm this same thing happening with the crafted items changing mark on pickup.

So far the upgrading has been consistent (despite crtH mods destroying most of my good items).

So it seems upgrade during this upgrade weekend's a complete hazard considering a random disconnect can happen with the item in the upgrade window.

Research lab science consoles also have wrong labels combined with wrong stats which have been reported in another topic. I mean, the normalization right at the start of a prior upgrade weekend on spire plasma consoles without a word was something, and now this.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I can also confirm this, having taken to using "Finish Now" as a reward to the RNG for giving me what I'm really looking for. I did this with a Transphasic Torpedo Launcher Mk II [CrtD]x2 [Spr] (because I have the resources and want to try it out for the heck of it)... and got a Transphasic Torpedo Launcher Mk II [Acc] [CrtH] [Pen] instead. I burned some dilithium testing the "Finish Now" bug, and then let an R&D cycle finish, and in both instances the item obtained does not match the [Mods] displayed.

To specify, this bug affects the [Mods] displayed vs the [Mods] obtained when using R&D to make items, but has no effect on the underlying item type or quality. This also does not alter the [Mods] received when using Buyback at the Vendors (even when doing so with items from R&D), nor does it alter [Mods] when Upgrading items (even when doing so with items from R&D).

[EDIT] Right now I'm rather disliking this bug. I'm looking at a [CrtD]x2 [Spr] and a [CrtD]x3 and I damn well know that's not what I'm getting. Just so you know...
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    It's not just crafting mods: it's also Doffs from Assignment rewards. For the assignments like Reassign Underperforming Officers that award random Doffs, you always get a different one than shows up in the assignment result window.

Also Captain Abilities. My ability trays keep on rearranging themselves without my participation, sometimes even including skills I don't even have access to (such as "Adrenal Release" when I don't even own that ground trait, much less have it activated!). And even if the right skills are there, they're often moved around to different numbered trays. It's really frustrating: about 1/3 of the time when logging in with a toon, my ability tray is all scrambled.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It's not just crafting mods: it's also Doffs from Assignment rewards. For the assignments like Reassign Underperforming Officers that award random Doffs, you always get a different one than shows up in the assignment result window.

Also Captain Abilities. My ability trays keep on rearranging themselves without my participation, sometimes even including skills I don't even have access to (such as "Adrenal Release" when I don't even own that ground trait, much less have it activated!). And even if the right skills are there, they're often moved around to different numbered trays. It's really frustrating: about 1/3 of the time when logging in with a toon, my ability tray is all scrambled.

That actually helps, since it indicates that where the RNG is being applied, it is being applied twice. Once to the output display and then again at the reward pickup.

The outcomes from Upgrading are not affected by this, however, even where the output includes adding a [Mod]. I successfully made [CrtD]x3 [Spr] and [Dmg]x3 [Spr] torpedoes, and both retained the displayed result upon pickup. Hopefully that helps the devs narrow down where the problem lies, since the Upgrade System is newer code than Duty Officer and R&D Systems (meaning that there might be some distinction as to how the RNG is connected to that system, as opposed to the older affected systems).

As to the trays, well, that's happened more than once and is likely a re-occurrance of the old bug rather than a new one related to the RNG.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    knightdadknightdad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Don't know if the Upgrades are bugged on not, however, I upgraded a Particle Emission Plasma Torp Launcher to Mk XIV. When I put it back in the upgrader to see what XV looked like it was bugged. See before and after pics attached.
    Rewards%20Bug%202_zps3wsw8pmb.jpg
    Rewards%20Bug%201_zpsz1j4e75b.jpg

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Same here, i manage an UR disruptor omni over... changed for trust... :/
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    adshadowadshadow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Same things happening to me as well, got a few CritDx3 cannons for them to change to somthing completely diffrent when i collect them, its so frustrating
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    Ok I've raised this with the operational support team, so hopefully we'll get it sorted sooner rather than later. But for the record these are the items I tested in on and the results I got back.
    [img][/img]7RFB5nY.jpg

Each item was pulled in one by one and it's modifiers checked against what I was told they should be in the R&D window.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    The underlying problem is the same as for collecting DOFF or Admiralty assignments: When you collect their rewards, the game rolls dice once more as well. Under the hood, R&D, Admiralty, and DOFF assigments are all based on the same code, apparently.
  • Options
    ulfgarionulfgarion Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    When I realised this bug is in existence I left one Beam in with crtdx2/pen. After Map Change the stats changed as well (beam still in R&D Slot).
    DOFF missions have the same issue.

In the end it's not a big issue. Also got crappy acc/dmg/thrust changed to crtdx3. In the End just check the delivered beam instead of the slotted project. Once delivered the stats are fix. Overall I got much more crtdx3 and crtdx2/pen this weekend then last weekend. Guess the chance is unaffected by this.
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    same issue mods are changing when I upgrade
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Also had this issue with crafting. Is there a fix being worked on for this?
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Wow! And I thought I was seeing things....I crafted a Mk II persoanl shield and the reward said [Cap]x3 and I couldn't find it, but found a different one instead after collecting. Ha! I thought I wasn't smoking crack!

Has any Dev acknowledged this yet?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Wow! And I thought I was seeing things....I crafted a Mk II persoanl shield and the reward said [Cap]x3 and I couldn't find it, but found a different one instead after collecting. Ha! I thought I wasn't smoking crack!

Has any Dev acknowledged this yet?

Yes
  • Options
    myklodmyklod Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Where?