test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Refined Dilithium Banked in Account Bank feature

I would like it if we could also bank our refined dilithium in account bank besides energy credits as if one of your other characters was short on dilithium and you wanted to contribute dilithium to another fleet that your character is under. Then it would be helpful to save dilithium.
star_trek_online_forum_sig02xGDhA_display.gif
Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
YouTube | Wordpress | Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Terraria Project |

Comments

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    There really isn't that pressing of a need for such a feature, I'm afraid... As we can already move refined Dil between characters via the Dil/Zen exchange.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    What you want actually exists, it's just not in an obvious location.

If you go to the Dilithium Exchange, you'll see that it has a Zen and Dilithium Balance. Those resources can be withdrawn by any character on your account. What you do is you make an offer to buy zen, an offer that will obviously not be accepted. Lets say you want to bank 100k Dilithium. Offer to buy 100k Dilithium worth of Zen at 25 Dil per Zen. The current exchange rate is about 335 Dil per Zen so obviously, the offer will not get any takers.

Post the offer and then just cancel it. When you do that, it puts the 100k Dilithum that you offered in your Dilithium Bank and that Dilithium can be accessed by any character on your account.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    gamesweetg#7900 gamesweetg Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I'm aware of Dilithium exchange way but that doesn't work for me. I put up dilithium up for sale. Then I change to another character. Cancelled the Dilithium offer. But that doesn't add to my other character. Instead I've not got any back after cancelling the offer.
    Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
    Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    zanuzelta wrote: »
    I'm aware of Dilithium exchange way but that doesn't work for me. I put up dilithium up for sale. Then I change to another character. Cancelled the Dilithium offer. But that doesn't add to my other character. Instead I've not got any back after cancelling the offer.

The character that posts the offer cancels the offer. Right after you post it, immediately cancel it. That puts the Dilithium in your exchange bank. Leave the Dilithium there.

Change characters, open the Exchange and claim the balance from the exchange bank to transfer the Dilithium to your alt.

I do it all the time, it works.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    gamesweetg#7900 gamesweetg Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    zanuzelta wrote: »

The character that posts the offer cancels the offer. Right after you post it, immediately cancel it. That puts the Dilithium in your exchange bank. Leave the Dilithium there.

Change characters, open the Exchange and claim the balance from the exchange bank to transfer the Dilithium to your alt.

I do it all the time, it works.

Stupid exchange. Why wasn't that made clearer in the game to right click the cancelled offer to get the dilithium back?

I just cancelled it but never got it back so I've lost the dilithium that I put up and cancelled the other time :|
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    Doh! I can't believe it was this easy all along! And here I was actually SELLING dil to get zen and then selling the zen to convert it back to dil on my other character! I lost dozens - perhaps hundreds - of dil each time (because of the different exchange rates for dil-to-zen and zen-to-dil - the latter is always lower).

To quote "Wheel of Fish!" from the movie "UHF": "YOU SO STUPID!"

Indeed, I am. :)

RCK