test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Speculation] Mirror Universe Odyssey Uniforms

freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 431 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Art of Star Trek Online
With Season 11's mirror universe content on the horizon, wouldn't it be nice if we got some mirror universe uniforms along the way? The Terran Empire definitely has an Odyssey class in their fleet and they're definitely called the mirror universe for a reason.

So, what do you think the Odyssey uniform for the Terran Empire will look like? Will they still use the old "sword through the Earth" insignia or will they be updating it? Will they use different combadges for the three departments? Will women wear less?
m12Pkoj.png

Comments

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    They're in the Foundry. In my personal opinion - As lame as their other Mirror counterparts, so yes, women wear skimpy versions again.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Before they go crazy with any more mirror content, rank bars need to be added to the MU TOS Uniform.

The MU Ent uniform is awesome, though.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    They're in the Foundry. In my personal opinion - As lame as their other Mirror counterparts, so yes, women wear skimpy versions again.

Haha, figures. Guess I'll have to take a look at them later. I've been looking around and it seems Crpytic's changed the empire's colour scheme on their ships from a yellow decal to a red one. I was hoping they might update their old insignia as well, but then, what can they possibly do to change it? With the Feds, all they have is an arrow shape that they can warp and bend in any direction. However, a sword through the Earth is quite concrete.

m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Instead of a single vertical sword, they could have two swords crossed at an angle to signify that this is the second Terran Empire.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,117 Community Moderator
    Pics please?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    Well at least it's a better standard of drawing.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    lobstertanlobstertan Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I actually made some photoshops last year, might be able to find my old thread but... I mocked up some designs that actually appear to have been pretty close to how this turned out in the end! Heh. Went into foundry to try and find it, Terran-Modern is only available atm on Females, and from what I saw the ranks appear to be a direct port of the Mirror Enterprise one's, and clip heavily currently.

Q9IZ2uS.jpg

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    It looks nice but nothing original or special. It looks like all they did was make an Odyssey top look like the Enterprise era MU top. I have been wanting a 25th century MU outfit. I suppose if we do get this it would be better than nothing.

I am disappoint. :disappointed:

Edit: Hmm.....Mirror universe ships that come from older lock boxes can't be upgraded to T5-U and as far as I know Cryptic has never given an explanation or any kind of reason for it. Considering season 11 has stuff to do with the mirror universe, I wonder if they have plans for some T6 MU ships. At the very least it would be nice to get the mirror universe hull material for all faction specific ship.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    It looks nice but nothing original or special. It looks like all they did was make an Odyssey top look like the Enterprise era MU top. I have been wanting a 25th century MU outfit. I suppose if we do get this it would be better than nothing.

Edit: Hmm.....Mirror universe ships that come from older lock boxes can't be upgraded to T5-U and as far as I know Cryptic has never given an explanation or any kind of reason for it. Considering season 11 has stuff to do with the mirror universe, I wonder if they have plans for some T6 MU ships. At the very least it would be nice to get the mirror universe hull material for all faction specific ship.

I could imagine that we will get Tier 5U Mirror ships again as "consolation price".​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    My mirror main is just sticking to her Jupiter uniform. In a universe where everybody is trying to kill you, heavy leather is so much better than leaving half your top open.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lobstertanlobstertan Member Posts: 19 Arc User

That does appear to literally be all they have done, swapping between the tops it lines up exactly. Also, a weird note... the material options offer two Sierra uniform choices, changing the texture design drastically... evidence they're planning on MU-ing a large selection of uniforms with this? Who knows. Always nice to have a variant of the standard uniform though. Would like Open jackets and an away/cold weather coat.... AND A VEST :D
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    why do people keep complaning about the mirror designs for uniforms? they are SUPPOSED to be sexist versions of the regular uniforms, they are NOT SUPPOSED to be unique, just skimpy and more severe versions of whatever the "Good" Universe has, thats the way it's always been, in EVERY incarnation of the Terran Empire, Soft canon included. so...why would they do anything different?.

it just confuses me.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited October 2015

And this SO MUCH, is why I do respect you jodarkrider! Even though you do not agree with something, you do not condemn it, or try to condemn those who use it. Thank you for your opinions, and for your integrity.

In case anyone thinks I am being a sarcastic and snarky jerk, I honestly mean this, and think highly of jodarkrider.

On another note, I love the modern MU uniforms, and hope we do get them unlockable (C-Store, Lobi, wheatever).​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User

I can see why they ended up using the Sierra versions. The Odyssey is so clean and streamlined that making it as a skimpy Mirror version just ends up lacking personality.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"