test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Off Topic Anime. Gakkou Gurashi!

mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Ten Forward
Discuss!! (this line is a joke, I hate people who make threads with a title and then just say "discuss")

As a anime fan as well as a Star Trek fan, I just wanted to see if anyone here has seen it (so far) and wants to discuss it. I feel it has great merits based on cliches and would like to see opinions from people, that aren't "Anime forum" regulars. I know there are anime fans here.

Without knowing what this is, I suggest watching the first episode, don't look it up on wiki, just watch. Deal with it through the first episode, then go look it up.

EDIT> It's really PG. If you are totally against anything, maybe PG-13. No sex, no "side TRIBBLE", no blood, swords, etc....not anime stereotypes.. Very kid safe, I think (to start). Also no links because it's a current running show. Fansubs, Fanmation subscription, Torrent it...........​​
gHF1ABR.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    I've been following School-Live! (Manga & Anime). And I've been enjoying both.
    The title, though, doesn't exactly fall with genres I typically follow:
    Slice-of-Life & Zombie Horror
    (Spoiler for those who aren't familiar...)

What I will say to those who may be interested, is what I stated on another forum: Watch the first two episodes of the Anime and then decide. It is mainly because the way the first episode plays out and how the teasers that were released seem to give S-L! a tone the show won't carry.

I do feel that the Anime version is decent and follows the Manga decently. It does make some changes (
    mainly how Miki and the Dog are brought in from the start...
    ), but those changes help the Anime flow a bit better. What I hope for is that the Anime will reach about ch 30 of the Manga (
    The Graduation Trip start
    ) as a fair cut-off point for the Anime's 12 episode run. I'm not convinced that the Anime will make it to that point. There are two good sized plot arcs and only 6 episodes to do it in. I just hope the Anime will.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with this particular anime.
    But every once in a while I binge watch episodes of Fairy Tail. Even saw some Robotech and got a bit of respect for it after that, and this is coming from someone who is a MechWarrior fan and didn't like the whole fiasco over the Marauder and Warhammer.
    (The old Marauder design was a copy of the Zentradi Officer's Pod, and the Warhammer was the Tomahawk destroid)

I've also seen Pokemon and Digimon.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)