Install Arc
Options

An age old question- DBBs vs DHCs

13»

Comments

• Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is one other thing that I love about Romulan ships that many don't know about. It is very tricky not to get yourself killed doing this, but you let an enemy get your health below 50%, then pop Quantum Absorption, then go down fighting.

The lower your hull below 50%, the more damage increase you will get. If hit the QA while the singularity core is fully charged, it will not heal the hull of your ship. Therefore, you can have a huge increase to your damage output, and still have more time before popping a heal.

If sone at the right time, you can have an increase of about +65% damage output. Sometimes, I will sit near a gate till it takes my hull to about 35%, and pop QA. Then, drop below the gate where it can't hit you, and just blow it away.

In the old elite Cure STF, I would put a cheap shields on my Scimitar, and let the cube attack me till I got low health. Then, pop QA, then hit Go Down Fighting, and kill the cube. After that, I would go to the next cube, and drop it by myself while the nanite probes were still under it. Granted, i had to use two copies of FAW3, and MK XII purple beam arrays. But it was funny watching the nanite probes try to keep up with healing the cube.

As I said before, it is a hard trick to get right. But once you get to where you can do it good, you can kill things even faster. AMP cores just make it even better if you can get all subsystem powers to 75%. This is easier on Rommies on the KDF side, because they have two ships that you can get capacitors off of. One will increase two subsystems, and the other one will increase the other two.

You can even do it with a cannon build, and see the power of your cannons rocket till QA is over. Just make sure you have heals ready, or you will pop really fast after the QA runs out.

Good luck with the JHSS. I don't really mess with ships that don't unlock account-wide anymore, unless it is an event grind ship that I can unlock on all my characters.

Have fun, and happy gaming.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Actually , lately I've been noticing FAW causing ISAs to fail , particularly in not high DPS groups .
    One or more guys FAWing pop a supporting generator, the probes start coming while the team's focus gets split up between the cube that's still alive, the other supporting generators and the probes ....
    That's more or less what I meant.

High enough FAWers can get through the local sphere's fast enough to actually focus the transformer before the nanite spheres get in range.

One of the stats I look for in a parse is the damage/dps incoming on a particular NPC, such as a transformer or tactical cube. This is where cannon's spike can shine. It's also where, in a target rich environment, FAW falls short.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    This question was put to rest about 3 years ago. Beams won. Now the question is DBB vs. Beam Arrays.....

DBB at least on Crystaline Entity they are.

Holding 1st place on every run with both, but with a BB I can at least drop agro, and DBBs I can't drop agro at all, and I have no + agro gear (guess I need some drop agro stuff).

BB I could just sit on top the entity and not worry about rotation and the timed entity attacks, and just sit through them without a problem.

With DBBs, because agro is so ridiculously high, I have to worry about shield rotation and getting out before the entity does the timed attacks (still keeping 1st).

Don't have a parse to support this, but seems pretty clear there is a damage bump on the agro table.
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Then the whiners came and the age of DHC slowly started to slip away.

So admittedly out of balance, but those complaining are whiners? /facepalm