test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Talaxian Science Lobi Box Gave Tactical Officer INVESTIGATING

battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just spent 300 Lobi on a reward box expecting to get a science officer and inside it was a tactical officer that is pretty much useless to me. Of course, since I opened the box, I'm now stuck with a BOFF I don't need or want as I doubt I can trade it off to someone now.

300 Lobi is lot to spend on a bug I am stuck with most likely. It would be really grand if someone from CS would swap it for the one I bought.
Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
Post edited by battykoda0 on

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In many cases they are able to reverse purchases such as this but don't go on a spending spree trying stuff out and expect a refund.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Noted. I rarely spend Lobi on anything. I bought two Jem'hadar space a long time back but I just let them pile up until something spiffy catches my eye.

My concern is the box I bought said Science and I opened it. Being opened, I am afraid I will be stuck with it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Then they should not be boxed as Talaxian Science Officers but a single box named Talaxian Intelligence Officer with a chance to get one of the three. I spent about $75 to get a specific box with a specific BOFF in it as stated in the text as screenshot and attached. It states, and I quote:

Species: Talaxian
    Profession: Science Officer
    Specialization: Intelligence.

Nowhere in that text does it state that the officer is random.

I wish to have a science officer traded for this one or a refund of 300 Lobi and this one removed from my roster. This is not what I paid for and it is not what is advertised. If you are unwilling or unable to do this, I wish this to be escalated to a manager.

Original Message
    From: "Perfect World Entertainment" <customerservice@perfectworld.com>
    To: <redacted>
    Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 13:47:05 -0800 (PST)
    Subject: talaxian [Incident: 141116-000177]

>
    > Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
    > center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
    >
    > We appreciate your patience.
    >
    > Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
    >
    > To access your question from our support site, click the following
    > link or paste it into your web browser.
    > <redacted>
    >
    >
    > Subject
    >
    > talaxian
    >
    >
    > Discussion Thread
    >
    > Response Via Email(<redacted>) - 11/16/2014 01:47 PM
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting us.
    >
    > We understand that you have received a Talaxian Tactical BOFF having opened a Talaxian Science Lobi Box. All boxes have random item yields and the rarer the item, the lesser the chance of it coming from the box.
    >
    > Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to email us.
    >
    > Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    > <redacted>
    > Game Master
    > Perfect World Entertainment
    > http://support.arcgames.com/ (http://support.arcgames.com/)
    >
    >
    > Customer By Web Form - 11/16/2014 02:25 AM
    > Talaxian Science Lobi box delivered a Talaxian Tactical BOFF. This was on the Audrel character, KDF Science officer if you need more details than the @name. Thanks.
    >
    >
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That s odd. It sounds like they misunderstood what you were telling them. There are supposed to be 3 seperate talaxians boff boxes. It sounds like a bug made it give the incorrect one.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    They are apparently not going to correct it. I think this decision is the walk away point for me. I have been nickel and dimed out and cheated once too often.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    They are apparently not going to correct it. I think this decision is the walk away point for me. I have been nickel and dimed out and cheated once too often.

Well if this is the last straw for you then allow me the honor of the obligatory can I have your stuff post.

Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fight for JUSTICE for the rest of us!

"We understand that you have received a Talaxian Tactical BOFF having opened a Talaxian Science Lobi Box. All boxes have random item yields and the rarer the item, the lesser the chance of it coming from the box."

This absurd bureaucratic gem belongs in everyone's sig till JUSTICE is done.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The real kick in the teeth here is you can only have one and they cannot be traded. So I have to dismiss a 300 Lobi Tactical to TRY to get the one I want.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    That s odd. It sounds like they misunderstood what you were telling them. There are supposed to be 3 seperate talaxians boff boxes. It sounds like a bug made it give the incorrect one.

That sounds like a generic copy and paste response and they didn't even read the actual content of the OP's message, or they have no idea what the items in question are and don't understand that these are separate items, not a random chance.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I have to admit that this is not acceptable. There are THREE different boxes. ONE tactical, ONE engineering and ONE science. Why would anyone who wants to have a SCIENCE officer NOT choose that box?

I got 291 lobies and I was considering getting a Talaxian science bridge officer for 300 once I'm up there which is not so far to go anymore. I'm really glad I just spotted this thread. I will not be getting one for sure now.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    they didn't even read the actual content of the OP's message, or they have no idea what the items in question are and don't understand that these are separate items, not a random chance.

I think its the first possibility, outsourced labor, oblivious of the game or (less likely) automated response.

I recommend poking Smirk on Twitter about it.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic support are infamous for being out of touch with the subjects of the tickets sent their way. Frequently one gets completely cut-and-paste responses of no relevance at all. Be sure to keep the ticket open and keep bothering them, eventually it should be elevated to a supervisor who will actually bother to read the content of your message and hopefully refund you the boff.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I won't let this go. I pledge to keep this thread fresh until banned or the problem is acknowledged. We cannot allow fundamental errors (especially with rare and expensive currencies) and clueless tech support to continue.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    They proved I bought the wrong box by copying and pasting the names of the boxes into their response rather than their record of my purchase then told me to come to the forums to provide feedback on my experience. Of course, a copy of the transaction was not forthcoming, only a box name paste any of us could do in chat. "You bought (insert link) instead of (insert link)." I know I didn't buy a security officer. I also know they didn't check anything. That is their response to my demand for an escalation. Since I am to bring it here, which I did long before you got around to copy and pasting box names, show us all the transaction record. That is if you can keep from smearing that too.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been ripped off by their mistakes before but this is real bad. normally I would say "user error" but considering their track record for item naming errors and errors that come out with new content, I'd bet 50-1 that the user error is on their side of things. I hope they fix it for you.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    I just opened one each of the Talaxian Lobi Boffs and each gave out the appropriate career Boff. I'll forward this on for further investigation, but it'll need someone to dig into your character history to find what box was opened, and I have no idea how long that will take, sorry.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey everyone,

We could use some help trying to repro this issue, so if any of you who have been affected by this can reply back with the CharacterName@handle that this happened to, that can help start things off.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the trouble!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That sounds like a generic copy and paste response and they didn't even read the actual content of the OP's message, or they have no idea what the items in question are and don't understand that these are separate items, not a random chance.

Umm you did read that I was talking to the op before that message and the post I quoted right?
  • Options
    crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2014
    We have reviewed the data and tested this internally and cannot find a problem or reproduce the issue. We will continue to investigate.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    Umm you did read that I was talking to the op before that message and the post I quoted right?

I wasn't referring to your post(s), I was referring to the response the OP received from CS, which you yourself were referencing.

Nifty bit of attention this thread is receiving though, no? :D

For my part, I bought a Talaxian Tactical boff package off of the exchange and did get a Tac boff when I opened it so that part, at least, seemed to be working fine. I haven't tried opening a Talaxian Sci boff package.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thanks, Frost, Smirk, and Gecko. I am as certain as I can possibly be without a transaction history on my end that I indeed bought a science box. The box was placed on the exchange at first because 30 to 45 million was a hard offer to refuse but taken back down because the stats on these guys are a hard offer to refuse also. The exchange lag was horrid that morning but I don't think that in any way contributed to it.

I can't say, however, that I am certain beyond a doubt. I didn't screenshot the box in my inventory nor do I have a transaction history to the Lobi Store or the exchange. I also do not have log files for anything other than combat. If I had any of the three of those, there would be absolutely no question at all and I would be either completely wrong or there would definitely be an issue with the box at that time.

As a note, I have this thread set to instant notification. I didn't get notified of activity. Something might be a bit wonky there.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    As a note, I have this thread set to instant notification. I didn't get notified of activity. Something might be a bit wonky there.

I get 0 emails for my subscribed threads. Do other people actually get notified by their thread subscriptions?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • Options
    bada4boombada4boom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pardon me for intruding but this looks more and more like a storm in a teapot.

Scenario 1:
    There is a bug in the game that sometimes awards the wrong BOFF for the box. Devs have checked it and can't reproduce it. No one else has complained. This is either a very rarely occurring bug or simply gremlins. No point in spending precious dev/QA time on it. Replace the item for the customer with the one customer actually bought and move on.

Scenario 2:
    Customer made a mistake and bought the wrong box. It has happened to the best of us at some point in time. Precious dev/QA time is being spent on chasing a phantom bug. Replace the BOFF for the customer, even though it is the customer mistake and move on, you don't need to win/be right every single time. You get a happy customer and save yourself from a wild goose chase.

Conclusion: replace the damn BOFF and move on. Seriously.

My 2 dil.