What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zones where the anti leveling exploit mechanic causes 'issues'

dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Let's gather some areas of the game where this
General:
  • The Skill Points and Expertise rewarded for defeating NPCs below the player’s current level have been updated.
      [...]
    • Defeating NPCs that are 5 levels below you now properly award far less skill points and expertise to prevent exploitative gameplay.
[...]

causes some annoying ssues for level 60 characters.

- Kobali Prime - The enemies here have a level range starting from the lower 50s. There is quite a huge part of this battlezone where you do not get any mob xp at all if you are a level 60 character.

- Deep Space Encounters - Depending on the sector block these mobs are -50 to -10.

- Orellius and Zeta Andromeda Borg Encounter. Unlike all the other Borg RAs (which scale you to 44) you end up fighting -10 (ZA) or -8 (ORE) mobs.

If you know more areas where you end up facing mobs out of the 'viable for xp' range feel free to add them.

Areas where the game scales you down 'should' be fine, however I did not check 'every' adventure zone and/or normal queue. Getting scaled down and in addition face -5 mobs could be frustrating.

Warzones (Kerrat, Nvak, Otha & Qay Ghun) I predict will be another area where we will have problems once level 60s can enter them again. You enter them in five level brackets (i.e. every level 10-14 gets placed in the same kerrat, every 15-19 in the next and so on) and I don't recall exactly how the mobs are related to the highest level players in each bracket. I think it used to be +1 or 0 at least and that should be fine again. However if (because of 'reasons') level 50-60 players end up in the 50 bracket mobs will be way below player levels again (so please keep that in mind poor dev assigned to 'fix' warzones).
Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    Areas where the game scales you down 'should' be fine, however I did not check 'every' adventure zone and/or normal queue. Getting scaled down and in addition face -5 mobs could be frustrating.

Add Defera to the list. Almost nothing there gives XP even though it scales you down to 50.

Yet another shortsighted decision by Cryptic that has widespread negative ramifications for daily gameplay. (Still waiting for a fix to Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar and other Doff assignments that were broken with the Exploration cluster removal.)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I had Defera on my radar but wasn't exactly motivated to go there too.

On the plus side warzones seem fine on tribble now.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.