test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF early promotion lvl 55 / no additional skill points awarded

lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I was playing new DA content 10-18-2014 on my KDF character and after an Undine STF I got a prompt to report to Q'onos and accept my promotion to General. I was expecting to wait till I had enough skill points to reach level 55 so the message was surprising. I checked my skill point tally and it showed I was 2503 points short of achieving the new rank. I accepted the promotion 'mission' and proceeded to Q'onos to speak with the Chancellor where he promoted me, and the mission completed. I again re-checked my skill points and was still below the lvl threshold, but went to the skill trainer as instructed, to assign my new points. No surprise, I found no new points to allocate, so I played a few more STF's to get the needed points for the new rank.

I'm now about 3500 points beyond lvl 55 and still no new skill points to allocate, tho the respec token is there and the screen opens there's simply no additional points to use. Are these points awarded somewhere else in the rank progression and not immediately on reaching the rank ?

:confused:

And another thing- I did get the promised BOFF candidate with the promotion but all the candidates are white quality. Srsly, a common BOFF ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead
giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Post edited by lordmalak1 on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm now 3 bars from lvl 56 and still no additional skill points. Those BOFF's I can choose from for lvl 55 are now purple.

weird.
    :confused:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you cant allocate any more skill points past 50, you get specialization points to use (1 per level)

Skill points are simply for leveling not for skills past 50, also you continue to earn specialization points until all of your charts are maxed out so like 60 points then you get dilithium for every point earned after that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    birzark wrote: »
    you cant allocate any more skill points past 50, you get specialization points to use (1 per level)

Skill points are simply for leveling not for skills past 50, also you continue to earn specialization points until all of your charts are maxed out so like 60 points then you get dilithium for every point earned after that.

Thats not what the rank description says. Click the rank bar at the top of the screen and read what lvl 55 and lvl 60 awards once unlocked. If it said 'specialization points' then it forgot to mention those earned from lvl 51 and up (5 spec points = 168,000 skill points ???)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Hellooooo....

So the whole gain 'X amount of skill points' @ level 55 and 'spent 4xx,000 skill points' @ level 56 and later just BS ?

Is english not the native language of whoever wrote the rank progression descriptions in-game ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    You are not able to allocate additional Skill Points after capping out at level 50 - this is intended. While you continue to earn Skill Points, these are strictly used for the purpose of tracking your level progression, and cannot be spent to further increase your Skills.

After 50, the only level-based progression you get is via Specialization Points.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You are not able to allocate additional Skill Points after capping out at level 50 - this is intended. While you continue to earn Skill Points, these are strictly used for the purpose of tracking your level progression, and cannot be spent to further increase your Skills.

After 50, the only level-based progression you get is via Specialization Points.

TY sir for the explanation, thats all I really wanted.

Have a nice day
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    veryth12veryth12 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I think you only half answered the concern he was raising, which is you get promoted to the next rank *BEFORE* you actually hit 55, or 60. I was offered the Admiral rank when I was 54.95ish, was promoted and then when back out and got lvl 55. Same thing with 60 and fleet Admiral. (Fed charactor btw).