test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plasma resist charges (ground) not working

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
There are green plasma resist charges that add something like 20% plasma resist to your ground shields for 5 minutes. There are even Omega rep ones that are blue and purple with increasing levels of resistance.

Just yesterday I noticed something funny, and I hadn't noticed it before because of ground combat and focusing my attention elsewhere.

I was waiting for the shield barrier to come down in Cure Ground, and I fired off a plasma charge. I checked my personal health/shields bar by the team members list and noticed it was there, great!

Wait a minute, what's that? There's a timer under it. It only lasts for 20 seconds. It was either 20 or 30 seconds, something very short.

I check the tool tip, it says 5 minutes. I open my inventory, right click, go to "info" -- and it says 5 minutes.

This shield charge is utterly USELESS with a 30 second duration. I think that the DURATION is mixed up with the GLOBAL COOLDOWN that it triggers on my standard shield battery.

Please look into this. I haven't tested the blue and purple you buy with dil from omega rep, but I seem to recall they disappeared well before 5 minutes are up when I've used them before.

I will be confirming the timer and submitting an in-game bug.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Blue and Purple quality versions from the omega store (available only for dilithium) last the full 5 minutes. The green ones are lasting only 30 seconnds. I confirmed this and submitted bug report.

Ticket #2,727,003

That was actually the second one I submitted. The first one didn't show in my current ticket list, so I got paranoid that it never submitted -- I didn't note the ticket number at the time -- so I resubmitted the matter.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, I myself reported this, but I am assuming it is WAI since we craft the green ones, and the others require dilith.

They must have goofed, and listed the same description for all 3!

But, than again IMO, the greens should only be a 10% DR for 5mins, while the dilith rep ones are as is!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    It's perfect the way the stats are. They just need to stick to the stats as advertised. It's not exactly cheap, and requires a LOT of time devoted to defera invasion to craft even a single stack of them.

The payoff is you're putting your time and effort into grinding for them. It's not like the dyson BZ where you go idle and come back with 10,000 dil. This is actual work.

That said, going by the pattern of better items adhering to the same specifications with a slight boost, the green modules SHOULD be 5 minute duration. They should not be reduced in damage resistance. If you want that, make a white quality item.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oddly enough, I'm CERTAIN I have submitted this bug TWICE now... and it's not showing as an active ticket. In game or out. The second time I noted my ticket number and I even search for it with no results found.

Something is seriously fubar with the bug reporting system if they literally delete bug reports they have no intention of fixing. They even remove all trace of the ticket??
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    My bug reports and trouble tickets still do not show up under my open support tickets. I know for a fact I submitted this bug report TWICE, and noted the ticket # the second time (see my posting above).

Can we get a dev response on this? Can we add the plasma charges to the "to-do" list? They're 100% useless with a 30 second duration.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited September 2014
    My bug reports and trouble tickets still do not show up under my open support tickets. I know for a fact I submitted this bug report TWICE, and noted the ticket # the second time (see my posting above).

Can we get a dev response on this? Can we add the plasma charges to the "to-do" list? They're 100% useless with a 30 second duration.

Tribble notes 9-23
    Shield Charge - Plasma Resistance now last 5 minutes, as indicated by the tooltip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »

We'll see how that goes, as I don't know how many times Dev's say something is fixed, only to find out it isn't actually fixed!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    kapla1755, thanks for that. I missed the notes. Though, much like shadowraith77 I'd like very much to wait and confirm this.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited September 2014
    Just tested the Advanced shield/ Elite Shield plasma resists on tribble both are using a 5minute countdown on the buff bar, interestingly both are active not sure if the buff stacks.

But 25 dilith[Omega rep under consumables] for 25% plasma resists for 5min is not bad imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The advanced ane elite charges were already working. It was the uncommon resists (green quality) which only gave 20% resist to plasma. Those were the ones affected.

EDIT: I just checked tribble. It's working on a 5 minute duration now. Let's see if it translates over to holodeck properly...