test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make T-5U cloaks innate

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Federation Discussion
I probably won't be doing any upgrades or using any T6 ships, but it occurs to me that with cloaks EVERYWHERE on every T6 ship that the existing T5 ships are STILL at a massive disadvantage in that the cloaking device takes up a console slot.

How about when you upgrade an existing T5 ship which offers a cloak (Gal-X, Defiant, Avenger) the upgraded ship has an integral cloak? No more console required to get the same result.

This is how it should have been way back when the Gal-X was introduced, but at the time soembody freaked out thinking it would be "too powerful" so they made the cloak remove a console slot. It was originally integrated. Make it so again.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not ever T6 ship gets a cloak. Guardian cruiser has no cloak, and the MaHa and Aelahl only have faction standard. Its only the Intelligence ships that are getting the boosts, and in that case all 3 factions are getting a stealth boost.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can go for that. For the ships capable of cloaking, build it in.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Yeah, probably right. Won't stop us from dreaming though,.. I mean since Fed cloaks are becoming a common thing with DR, anything could happen.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    corelogik wrote: »
    Yeah, probably right. Won't stop us from dreaming though,.. I mean since Fed cloaks are becoming a common thing with DR, anything could happen.

it's not a common thing...they are on 3 intelligence ships
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Damn I'm good. Somebody pick up that phone because I CALLED IT.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Intelligence officer abilities are all pvp cheese, will it be fun to use them in pve? Sure...but people that care about their dps won't worry about it....unless you can do a surgical strike beam fire at will....cryptic can't be that..."bad"....could they?

I mean I'm assuming weapon enhancing intelligence officers will act like the romulan singularity weapon overcharge power and overwrite bfaw/BO if it's already on a weapon.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree