test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Xindi Narcine 14k DPS Build

gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Finally decided to down load the DPS channel's recommended parser and see how this build is doing. Got about 14k in a ESFT channel ISE pug.
Any suggestions are welcome. I do plan on upgrading the tac consoles to all Spire crtH ones ASAP.
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=66snarcine14kdpsbuild_0
Post edited by gooddaytodie39 on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This a pvp or pve build? Looks kinda hybrid

What are the doffs? 2 dce/2conn/2ap?

Why 2 eptw but 1 epts?

I hear the frigates are bugged.

Accx3? Overflow is broken...but acc is still best for pvp as you know

Consoles point to pvp due to defense but...still not 100%
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    This a pvp or pve build? Looks kinda hybrid

What are the doffs? 2 dce/2conn/2ap?

Why 2 eptw but 1 epts?

I hear the frigates are bugged.

Accx3? Overflow is broken...but acc is still best for pvp as you know

Consoles point to pvp due to defense but...still not 100%

The build I listed is my PvE build. For PvP it's almost the same. I switch to an engie Boff that has Aux2Sif 2 in the LTC uni and the Tac Boff picks up ApD instead of ApB.
    But ya I guess this could be considered a hybrid build either way. I'm just going with what I like.
    Doffs are
    Tac Team +Acc
    EptX cooldown
    RSP uptime
    Warp Core Cleanse
    ET cooldown

I'm trying out just one EptS since I just hit T4 Counter Command and slotted the Nano probe field gen trait and that has made a huge difference. I generally only use the EptW skills and only hit the EptS when needed.
    On consoles, for PvP I run three Neutroniums with (+hull repair) as I do throw as many hull heals as possible to teammates. This toon has zero universal consoles though so consoles will change. Will be adding a plasmonic leech, Borg assim, etc.
    I do go with Accx3 for PvP specifically, and also love the sound of the Phased Biomatter weps. I would go Anti-proton for more DPS, but the sound they make is like nails on a chalkboard to me and it's enough to make me have to go another energy type.

The frigates may be bugged. As I mentioned in my thread in GD, their DPS is garbage, worse than some fighters. Their beams seem to working fine, it does seem that their Quantum torps and mines fire with less frequency than my other pets.

Also picked up the Bio-Tech Patch trait and that coupled with the Borg 2 pc. hull heal and Nano-Probe Field Gen
    has made a huge increase in my PvP survivability.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The build I listed is my PvE build. For PvP it's almost the same. I switch to an engie Boff that has Aux2Sif 2 in the LTC uni and the Tac Boff picks up ApD instead of ApB.
    But ya I guess this could be considered a hybrid build either way. I'm just going with what I like.
    Doffs are
    Tac Team +Acc
    EptX cooldown
    RSP uptime
    Warp Core Cleanse
    ET cooldown
    Only 1 dce? Just scrap the epts and slot another et thus freeing up 2 doff slots et cd/dce
    Rare tt acc proc that doesn't do anything for you in pve...and tt isn't on gcd...
    Rsp/keel'el always decent
    Using 5 doffs, still have the sixth and 3 of 5 aren't doing anything for you....so effectively in utilized doff slots

I'm trying out just one EptS since I just hit T4 Counter Command and slotted the Nano probe field gen trait and that has made a huge difference. I generally only use the EptW skills and only hit the EptS when needed.

Nanoprobe is delicious, but your cutting yourself shirt if you only use epts as a shield heal and not as a static shield hardness buff

On consoles, for PvP I run three Neutroniums with (+hull repair) as I do throw as many hull heals as possible to teammates. This toon has zero universal consoles though so consoles will change. Will be adding a plasmonic leech, Borg assim, etc.
    I do go with Accx3 for PvP specifically, and also love the sound of the Phased Biomatter weps. I would go Anti-proton for more DPS, but the sound they make is like nails on a chalkboard to me and it's enough to make me have to go another energy type.

Acc has next to no bearing on pve content...as I've said, acc no longer overflows to critd/crirh....go critdx3, your basically running with no mods

frigates may be bugged. As I mentioned in my thread in GD, their DPS is garbage, worse than some fighters. Their beams seem to working fine, it does seem that their Quantum torps and mines fire with less frequency than my other pets.

All the more reason to slot elite scorps

Also picked up the Bio-Tech Patch trait and that coupled with the Borg 2 pc. hull heal and Nano-Probe Field Gen
    has made a huge increase in my PvP survivability.

For sure...it's an amazing trait

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I appreciate the feedback Dahm, I'll take your suggestions for my Doffs. I'll pick up a set of beams specifically for PvE, probably disruptor. For that PvE beam set, CrtDx3 is better than Crthx3?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I appreciate the feedback Dahm, I'll take your suggestions for my Doffs. I'll pick up a set of beams specifically for PvE, probably disruptor. For that PvE beam set, CrtDx3 is better than Crthx3?

Rule of thumb is to maintain the 1:10 crith to critd ratio for energy weapons.

So whatever floats your boat there. The crith locator spire consoles throw so much crith at you that you would want everything to go to critd.

If your next question "why not mix exploiters with locators?"

Locators provide 1.6% crith
    Exploiters provider 8% critd

The ratio is 1:5. The locators are just so much more valuable that you should stack only them

Cheers

• Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just my 0.02 EC.

I'd replace your EptW1 with engineering team1 and then replace your Eng team 2 with aux2structural.

dahminus wrote: »
    Acc has next to no bearing on pve content...as I've said, acc no longer overflows to critd/crirh....go critdx3, your basically running with no mods.
    :eek: really?!?
    lol, i must have completely missed that. :o
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    cerealplayercerealplayer Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So the elite frigate pets sucks? That's disheartening. I guess I'm glad that at least I haven't opened the box yet (was agonising over which toon to give it to). Heck, I might even not lose out ec as exchange prices are still up.
  • Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    lol, i must have completely missed that. :o

Me too! When was this changed?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sf911 wrote: »
    Me too! When was this changed?

Been bugged since season 8 or 8.5, maybe 9. It is a bug...so they "could" fix it. But i wouldn't hold my breath

• Options
    edited July 2014
    So the elite frigate pets sucks? That's disheartening. I guess I'm glad that at least I haven't opened the box yet (was agonising over which toon to give it to). Heck, I might even not lose out ec as exchange prices are still up.
    Yes, the Mobulai frigates suck. Parsed at 1300 DPS, mines or dispersal pattern seems bugged or they just don't have good enough AI to drop them near targets.
    Even if the mines were WAI I still think they'd have far too low of damage output for frigates. Below swarmers and elite scorps which is driving me nuts. I hope they give them a torp or beam BO power...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes, the Mobulai frigates suck. Parsed at 1300 DPS, mines or dispersal pattern seems bugged or they just don't have good enough AI to drop them near targets.
    Even if the mines were WAI I still think they'd have far too low of damage output for frigates. Below swarmers and elite scorps which is driving me nuts. I hope they give them a torp or beam BO power...

Of course they would be terrible...mines? Seriously?

If they had the range of the entire map
    Or followed behind the frigates
    Or had multiple mines with Dispersal pattern 3 on a 5 second cd
    Or a new kind of mine

Everyone knows mines are bad. And pet a.i herps when it derps....so why would anyone combine the two without fixing them or implementing safeguards...?

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the ACC mod overflow is useless while FAW is active...so the ACC overflow is not in effect while FAW is running. For autofire it still works though.

but yes, for those 10 seconds FAW is at CD, 3x[ACC] is pretty much wasted even in PVP
    Go pro or go home