test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q knows you did it

chuzordie5chuzordie5 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Here is my suggestion for a slight change in the game..

From what i hear. the "Captains Table" zone is a ghost town.. and only LTS or whatever can even go there.. big woo..

soo .. how about this

make the "Captains Table " space anamoly thingamabob into "Q's Discount Shipyard "

any past or future event that had a ship as a reward.. that ship becomes an account unlock, retroactively

all accounts who unlock a event ship can claim it again while visiting Q there on any character new or veteran like a CSTore ship..

*** other forums posts point to Tacofangs moving the ESD Captains table to Club 47 when it gets pushed to Holodeck ***

Even if Q places a small price of a mission to keep his favor that must be repeated for each claimed ship.. that would be a very reasonable price.

I really hope that the community can see the bright side of this idea and lets get the Developers in on it.. would make there job easier since they will hear less complaints about the events. Thus making there job more joyful.
Post edited by chuzordie5 on

Comments

• Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dare i ask the question.... what the feck is the "Captains Table" zone i keep hearing about?
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    grtiggy wrote: »
    dare i ask the question.... what the feck is the "Captains Table" zone i keep hearing about?

It's a subscriber-only (maybe Veteran/LTS-only?) social map accessible from the nebula thing outside ESD (and presumably a similar place on Qo'nos).
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »
    It's a subscriber-only (maybe Veteran/LTS-only?) social map accessible from the nebula thing outside ESD (and presumably a similar place on Qo'nos).

Vet/LTS only area. I do like the idea that makes the captains table a more viable location, and for us that are LTS giving us ships that we got from events even for dilithium on our other characters is a good perk :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

.... Which was also based off a series of Star Trek books http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Captain%27s_Table which includes short stories about different captains in Star Trek lore. Basic premise is, they walk though a door and enter an interdimensional bar where they sit and tell stories. Only captains and commanders in charge of ships get access.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2014

any screenshots of the area at all? is it even worth it or well done?
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Here: http://sto.gamepedia.com/The_Captain%27s_Table It hasn't really changed since launch and is quite empty at times.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014

It's actually a nice place to visit, it looks awesome but yeah there isn't anything special there to do that isn't available at most space stations. TBH its not a good reason to buy a LTS.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tacofangs plans to add a door to the Captain's Table in Club 47 and remove the Aenigma Nebula when Club 47 comes out.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Good Ideas..How about adding a BoFF trainer for unique Boffs, so the locked ones can get the LTC/CDR abilities from other careers.

Add a swap feature for different weapon colors. So I could make my AP red purple or w/e.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What the Captain's table needs is to have more facilities that are to be found on the standard starbases. As it is now, quite a few of them are missing which really decreases the usefullness of the area.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    The Captains Table is supposed to be a exclusive social area and thats it, not something so people can get a advantage over the others.

Kinda a moot point in a pay 2 win game.

Yes, I like STO, but don't even try to pretend it isn't.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chuzordie5 wrote: »
    Here is my suggestion for a slight change in the game..

From what i hear. the "Captains Table" zone is a ghost town.. and only LTS or whatever can even go there.. big woo..

soo .. how about this

make the "Captains Table " space anamoly thingamabob into "Q's Discount Shipyard "

any past or future event that had a ship as a reward.. that ship becomes an account unlock, retroactively

all accounts who unlock a event ship can claim it again while visiting Q there on any character new or veteran like a CSTore ship..

*** other forums posts point to Tacofangs moving the ESD Captains table to Club 47 when it gets pushed to Holodeck ***

Even if Q places a small price of a mission to keep his favor that must be repeated for each claimed ship.. that would be a very reasonable price.

I really hope that the community can see the bright side of this idea and lets get the Developers in on it.. would make there job easier since they will hear less complaints about the events. Thus making there job more joyful.

Except the those ships are in the lobi store and fleet ship store.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Not all of them.
    Ships like the winter event ships and summer event ships (which are time gated character unlocks that only come up in their respective events), The holy Bugship (from the first Winter Event and occasional DOff pack promos), and the Kamarag and Ambassador retrofits (Not the fleet variants, the T5 variants thate were available during the event) are not available via Lobi or Fleet store.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »
    It's actually a nice place to visit, it looks awesome but yeah there isn't anything special there to do that isn't available at most space stations. TBH its not a good reason to buy a LTS.

It is an inverted Hapan Battle Dragon. :P

But, yes the map is nifty. There is just nothing to do there. So I support this suggestion. anything to give the place a reason to be visited is good by me.
  • Options
    chuzordie5chuzordie5 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Except the those ships are in the lobi store and fleet ship store.

i was referring initally to the Breen ships and the Risan corvette

what CStore did you buy yours from