test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Disbanded

bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
Fairly recently, myself and a group of friends left one fleet and formed a new one. Since then, we have worked our butts off to get to tier 1 Embassy, almost tier 2 Starbase, with every possible special project completed (That's 2.6 MILLION Dilithium, on special projects alone - Probably around 3 million Dil in total).

Today, I find out that one of the people who joined us in transferring to this new fleet has emptied our fleet bank, kicked everyone from the fleet, and disbanded it. I will be reporting her later, as soon as I get in game, but that will have to be after work.

In the meantime, can anyone offer us any hope that this might be resolved in a positive way, or are we just doomed to have to start over... again?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by bortjinx on

Comments

• Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »
    Fairly recently, myself and a group of friends left one fleet and formed a new one. Since then, we have worked our butts off to get to tier 1 Embassy, almost tier 2 Starbase, with every possible special project completed (That's 2.6 MILLION Dilithium, on special projects alone - Probably around 3 million Dil in total).

Today, I find out that one of the people who joined us in transferring to this new fleet has emptied our fleet bank, kicked everyone from the fleet, and disbanded it. I will be reporting her later, as soon as I get in game, but that will have to be after work.

In the meantime, can anyone offer us any hope that this might be resolved in a positive way, or are we just doomed to have to start over... again?

That sucks, you should be glad this is not one of the other space pew pew games. :D

By having a look at the ToS (especially 10. User Conduct) I'd guess that the GM's will probably be able to help you. This is just my guess though.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do you know the actual person involved?

if so you might be in with a chance

(please do NOT name them here however)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I know the name of the person involved. I have chatted to them from time to time, but could not say I really know them. Other members of our fleet command structure thought they knew her quite well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revanist4revanist4 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes we know who it is and an a number of us have reported the player in game just waiting now for a response, and hello jinx
  • Options
    blindsaviour666blindsaviour666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

If she was able to disband the fleet it means that the leadership gave her the ability to do so. Also by promoting her to a leadership position she has also gained ownership of the fleet in a degree so again she had a right to do it.

That's at least what I'd expect to hear as a response from the GM, I hope you won't hear that and you'll actually get this resolved but as I said the chances are slim to none, sorry...
    Out of the darkness
    On the road where the dead years run
    Cold as moonlight
    Terrible as the sun
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    revanist4 wrote: »
    Yes we know who it is and an a number of us have reported the player in game just waiting now for a response, and hello jinx

Hey mate. She just turned up on our fleet forums, so I pm'ed her asking why she did it. I doubt I'll get a response.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

If she was able to disband the fleet it means that the leadership gave her the ability to do so. Also by promoting her to a leadership position she has also gained ownership of the fleet in a degree so again she had a right to do it.

That's at least what I'd expect to hear as a response from the GM, I hope you won't hear that and you'll actually get this resolved but as I said the chances are slim to none, sorry...

Possibly, but I hope not. Not even for the sake of getting our fleet back, but just for those people who worked their assess off to get us up to almost tier 2 in the space of about 3 weeks.

As for the leadership giving her the ability to dissolve our fleet, maybe they did, but our fleet leader has been in the same fleet as her for, I believe, several years, and she has never shown any inclination to do anything like this before, and yes, she did have responsibilities in our old fleet before we formed this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    How is this a bug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    How is this a bug?

It isn't, but I wasn't really sure where else to place it, so it came here as this is probably the most likely place for it to be spotted by the devs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This has happen to many Fleets and sorry guys Cryptic will not help.

I can help, you all are invited to join a fleet I run its a Tier 4, most friendly, and very active.

This way it's a step ahead and not a loss, I can also give you high Fleet ranks for your officers.

Please feel free to use the forum PM to send me your at names.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the offer Blakes. If we can't get this resolved, we might come and join you, I don't know. I can't see many of our members having the patience to start the fleet base over for a third time. (once in original fleet, once in our new fleet, and now again if we don't get our fleet back).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As far as I know, Cryptic don't get involved in fleet politics.

If you give people roles and permissions, expect them to use them, whether for the betterment of the fleet, or in this case, for ill.

That said... could be worse: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/180867/features/murder-incorporated/ :P
  • Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sad to see these things still happening to good people. Hope you get this resolved and in the mean time feel free to join the SSR fleet on either/both Fed/KDF or any number of other community fleets.

Edit: Subspace Radio Fed side and House of Subspace Radio KDF - forgot to add the fleet names.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    thank you for the kind offer, if i may ask what is the name of the fleet, i cant seem to find the forum pm
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    dma1986 wrote: »

If you give people roles and permissions, expect them to use them, whether for the betterment of the fleet, or in this case, for ill.

That said... could be worse: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/180867/features/murder-incorporated/ :P

That's insane!!!

Edit: I just finished reading all 5 pages of that article. Now THAT, gentlemen, is how you organise an in-game event, lol. And I see our fleet thief/disbander has a looong way to go.

Thanks for the offer Reaper :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    revanist4 wrote: »
    thank you for the kind offer, if i may ask what is the name of the fleet, i cant seem to find the forum pm

Alea, SSR is a pretty famous fleet, lol - SubSpace Radio.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    i was back logged on the last page jinx when i posted it, it apeared after the mail sent by SSR, still getting the hang of this forum lol
  • Options
    edited January 2013

It's one of the most beautiful aspects of Eve.
    The backstabbing going on there has near mythical status - so the game is ripe with paranoia.
    The simultaneous ambush and galaxy-wide hangar theft inflicted financial damage upwards of 30 billion ISK - $16,500 US dollars at IGE.com's prices. The value of the stolen assets utterly dwarfed the original fee for the job. And yet the only item the Guiding Hand's anonymous client requested for himself was the cold, dead body of the target. It's safe to say this was personal.

Very nice. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Fleet Name = Omega Primary
    Fleet Roster = 490
    Fleet Promotions = via helping others
    Fleet Website - www.omegaprimary.tk
    Fleet Starbase Tier = 4 working on completing Tier 5
    download.jpg
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Doing that kind of damage and imagining how much time the victims had spent ingame amassing it, my guess is that it probably wouldn't be unlikely for the victims to come after the robbers IRL if they'd ever found out their names...
  • Options
    thyuberdudethyuberdude Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And that is exactly why i don't play eve. I play games to Escape Reality. Not have the worst parts of it shoved back in my face in a digital format.

MMOs, You will never find a more Wretched hive of scum and Villainy.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Doing that kind of damage and imagining how much time the victims had spent ingame amassing it, my guess is that it probably wouldn't be unlikely for the victims to come after the robbers IRL if they'd ever found out their names...

That would only tell us one thing:
    Those people putting so much effort into a videogame are mentally unstable.

I don't think many would even consider any reallife actions:
    It would be immature, foolish and unprofessional.

You get back at them ingame.
    Obtain their Frozen Corpse (tm).

This might in fact be the background to the story mentioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    MMOs, You will never find a more Wretched hive of scum and Villainy.

I thought that was Drozana station?
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cheer up one day the people behind this will be found
    and on that day they will find out the hard way that people have NO mercy on scum

(example A person some years ago in a game run by another company crash and burned a major guild two years later he boasted about it on facebook , a month later a new "female friend" agreed to meet him "irl" and "hook up" when he turned up at the meeting it was infact 2 members of the original guild with a court summons they sued him for loss of assets and damages its amazing what you can sue for in the European courts.
    He is VERY lucky it could have been 5 guys with baseball bats)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »
    As for the leadership giving her the ability to dissolve our fleet, maybe they did, but our fleet leader has been in the same fleet as her for, I believe, several years, and she has never shown any inclination to do anything like this before, and yes, she did have responsibilities in our old fleet before we formed this one.

Hate tpo say it but if the bolded part is indeed the case, you'll get no help from Cryptic (nor would you in any other MMO) because since the Leadership did give her a position wityh those rights, she did nothing that breaks the TOS or EULA.

If she wasn't given those rights and they find it was some kind of hack - then that's different, but if someone with teh ability to dio so gave her the rights, that's his/her mistake, not Cryptic's.

It sucks to be sure (and I've encountered situations like this personally myself across MMOs I've played including EverQuest and WoW) - and it's a reason (usually) a Gulid leader leaves the ultimate power of kicking or disbanding a Guild to himself and NO ONE ELSE.

Guild drama in MMOs just plain suck; and you NEVER KNOW what might set a person (who you consider 'trustworthy and 'normal' off.

(In my EQ days it really was just because someone changed the background theme picture on the official Guild website. <--- That simple act lead to turmoil in the Guild Officer ranks and the mas kicking of everyone from the Guild and is disbandment. I'd been with the Guild and it had run well for over a year up to that point.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wouldn't expect any intervention at all on the gms or devs part. Unfortunately, your fleet allowed this player to do this, and as such, are now reaping the rewards of your mistake. I don't condone this kind of behavior, but I cannot condemn it as well, since again, you did put this player in the position to do this, and as such must now deal with the consequences.

If it makes you feel any better, most of us consider this kind of behavior bad, I personally consider it dishonorable and very much uncouth. My sympathy bro, but the only one to blame here is your fleet, not anyone else.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    jamesburtchelljamesburtchell Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hey my apologizes.. that sucks.. i kinda been through that on SWG one of the guild mates that i thought was trust worthy basically took everything and split from the guild... good thing is though a lot of the things we had was lock up by the guild leads
    The Emperor isn't please with Cryptic apparent lack of progress for the Empire. Lord Vader is on his way
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It sounds terrible, but Cryptic is most likely going to rightfully avoid getting involved in Fleet Politics.

I am unsure how the permissions can be set for one fleet leader to kick out other fleet leaders, but obviously that should not happen. I am not sure if that was your fault or Cryptic's.

Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am unsure how the permissions can be set for one fleet leader to kick out other fleet leaders, but obviously that should not happen. I am not sure if that was your fault or Cryptic's.

It can easily happen when the fleet leader is absent for 30 days or more. The fleet then becomes fair game for the next in line.

If a person claims leadership in that time, they are (self) promoted and have the same rights and privileges as the fleet owner. It's not an exploit, the system is designed that way in order to help preserve fleets.

An important point to consider if you're not going to play for a while, even as a leader.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Oh man, I'm glad that kind of thing simply isn't possible in STO, at least not to that degree.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.