test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Steering Stuck

bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
edited March 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've noticed a few times over the past week or so that when I have been in instances, especially if I have to respawn, that the steering on my ship gets stuck. I can speed up or slow down, but if I attempt to change the way my ship is facing I either fail outright, or end up flying around in circles.

It did make for some impressive kamikaze moments, like ploughing into the side of a Tactical Cube in Infected, where I got stuck until it destroyed me, losing a chuck of its own health in the process, but I would have preferred to keep my distance.

At first I thought it may be caused by my ship taking injuries, but this happens even if I have healed any injures my ship may have picked up.

I also considered that it may be my keyboard being a pain, but it seems to work everywhere else, and this is pretty random when it occurs.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? Or even, has anyone else experienced anything like this before?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by bortjinx on

Comments

• Options
    kerayu12kerayu12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    oh cool thought it was just me and my cheap keyboard, been noticing this happening lately as well.
  • Options
    dmd2112dmd2112 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It happened to me a lot in STFs, thought my keyboard/mouse were going bad.
    Fire streaks across the sky
    Battle has begun
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thank God for that, I'm not cracking up, lol.

I'm not 100% sure of it happening outside of STFs, but certainly that is where it is most noticeable.

So, anyone have any ideas on how we can resolve this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Target an enemy then hit 'esc' to untarget them. Usually fixxes the problem for me.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Odd, but thanks for the advice. I'll try it next time it happens :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The fix for me is to double click somewhere on my screen that isn't a UI piece and then I can steer again. What I mean by that is, somehow, interface loses focus and so I force focus back on the interface by double clicking on some portion of the screen that is not the HUD (space background) and it fixes it.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    That's another one to try then, thank you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its the auto pilot when u double click on a target it auto flys u there. very anoying and far too hard to cancel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a very annoying problem that needs to be fixed
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If this is a 'Working as intended' system, then yes, it needs to be fixed. Badly.

I've been playing this for nearly 2 years now, and I didn't even know there was an auto-pilot function.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This happened again last night, but I tried the double-clicking somewherein space, and that broke the autopilot, which was good :)

Thanks to everyone who offered advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    notsodarkonenotsodarkone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This has been driving me bloody daft thanks to this lifesaver of a topic i'll be able to enjoy the game. This issue was turning into a game breaker for me.
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guys if I am correct there is supposed to be a setting in the option for that but I have revised it and did not see it so I think they remouved it or something but trust me its annoying NEEDS TO BE FIX NOW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »
    I've noticed a few times over the past week or so that when I have been in instances, especially if I have to respawn, that the steering on my ship gets stuck. I can speed up or slow down, but if I attempt to change the way my ship is facing I either fail outright, or end up flying around in circles.

[edited]

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? Or even, has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

It's a feature few like and not a bug. To disable the autopilot, simply double click anywhere on the main screen to restore direction.
  • Options
    goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rdm1958 wrote: »
    a very annoying problem that needs to be fixed

+1 .......