test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do your starship captains have any... "addictions"?

lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Ten Forward
We all know that the various captains featured in the Star Trek shows have their... um... preferences as far as comfort items go (did I say that right?). Janeway was addicted to coffee, Picard had his Earl Grey Tea, James T. Kirk loved women...

But what about your captain's wants and desires?

USS Kusanagi: Finn Gel Hawkins. When on his off time he enjoys a bottle of Sake (he's part Japanese in ancestry).

USS Claymore 300-M: Ranne Ardnt. This woman enjoys two things too much... Tranya... and tinkering with her starshp rather than commanding it (resulting in some rather spectacular accidents... such as when she managed to accidentally fry her ship's impulse engines without making them explode):eek:
*sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
Post edited by lonnehart on

Comments

• Options
    vaapivaapi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Admiral Penkku has an addiction to secrecy. I can't say anything more about it.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Captain Carmelita P. Miggs has an.... interesting relationship with alcohol. While not an alcoholic by any means, her love of drink has resulted in more than a few embarrassing situations, up to and including flying into battle without impulse engines. :P
  • Options
    starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Captain De'Laih is rather fond of her Raghtajino. Its not wise to confront her before she has had a mug or three.

Captain Hexadecimal is rather vain for a liberated Borg and is useless without her vein treatments to keep them dark and her skin pallid.

Sskald, Gorn Captain, has a biological preference for heat and his ship is often described s "like a sauna."

Turandot the Orion has some interesting habits but they are not suitable for polite public discussion.
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pianowizzypianowizzy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Captain P'nin just has a dragon-like tendency to hoard. Everything.
    Vulcan Science Officer -- Captain of the I.F.D. Gallifrey [Tholian Recluse]
    Ambassador of The Order Of Gallifrey // Representative of the 1701 Renegades

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
  • Options
    corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Captain Reno has a severe addiction to Weapons Batteries and Dilithium Surplus.
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well.

VA Derek S. Ross has a few. Dabo, , and liquor. And inventing new stuff. (Typical Kirk type with a mix of scotty and such..)

Rei- gadgets and tribbles.

Bat'rak- Bloodwine and sport

Val- typical shut in so experimenting.

Kah- Well should I say much him being a Klingon?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Captain Carmelita P. Miggs has an.... interesting relationship with alcohol. While not an alcoholic by any means, her love of drink has resulted in more than a few embarrassing situations, up to and including flying into battle without impulse engines. :P

I take it she's also flown into battle without weapons and bridge officers? :)

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    warrenhammandwarrenhammand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cutting and snorting lines of powdered ketracel white.
  • Options
    varoolvarool Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Target goes nowhere without a weapon that has an aim and a crosshair.
    Servius has a fetish for Romans, despite him being a nausicaan.
    Rem Ziyal always takes her Bajoran earring everywhere, part of her past and future.
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited September 2012
    VA Sichoozoo has a bit of a gambling problem. He's spent nearly 500,000 EC playing dabo in between STF missions.
  • Options
    goedzooigoedzooi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Captain Greza has a doughnut addiction, and she likes do dance on random consoles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
  • Options
    amurorx0amurorx0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Amuro is addicted to mecha anime, alongside whisky and rum. He also has a habit of using an airlock as a makeshift cannon. Haven't identified what gets used as ammo yet
    Ikuzo, Trombe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My Captain used to have a little bit of a Dabo! addiction, but he's since kicked it. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    evilbenfranklinevilbenfranklin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Commander Moira Elayne Stern, native of Cardiff, Wales, has several 'finer things' in life she prefers:

- A good stout beer. None of that Ferengi swill, that's only fit for Cardies and gingers. Conversely, she also enjoys a good rotgut distilled product, and has figured out how to make a warp coil do unnatural things to the distillation process.
    - Classical music from the late Twentieth/early 21st century period. Rush, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, The Grateful Dead, Bob Seger, the Rolling Stones, et al. "Ye kin keep tha' posh bollocks in yer own music library, Ensign. Battlestations!" *Ship's t'annoy starts playing "Immigrant Song"*
    - Being a compulsive tinkerer, it is very important to never let this captain get bored. If she does, no replicator onboard is safe...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ivana5ivana5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    my captian has a little bit of an alcohol addiction with bloodwine and has multiple barrels of it in his quarters.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My Captain is addicted to being AWESOME.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    My Captain is addicted to being AWESOME.

Every starsihip captain has this (whether they publickly acknowledge it or not). How else do they get to sit in the captain's chair and be in command of so many people?

• Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am NOT addicted to [Large Hypo]. I can quit ANY TIME I WANT.

T.T
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Voporak is addicted to playing with his gambling device and petting his fleet tribble. My friend Twelve is addicted and obsessed with making a warp core in a box.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lonnehart wrote: »
    I take it she's also flown into battle without weapons and bridge officers? :)

Lets just say we have learned to assign duties before we attempt to battle Nausicaans with only one torpedo tube active the hard way..... :P
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think it goes without saying that all of our captains are addicted to micromanaging. :P
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My Captain doesn't really have any addictions, though he does have a fondness for plants, having grown up on a farm. He also can't eat any heavy fatty or greasy foods, as his species has a very high metabolism and extremely thin veins, so if he eats something very fatty, his arteries will clog in a matter of minutes. So you could say he's addicted to healthy eating.

My Andorian chief engineer has a drinking problem. Agressive unless he's settled with some beer. Oddly enough, he somehow manages to keep the ship online alot more than he should.

My Ops officer is addicted to collecting Tribbles.

And my ex-Maquis member, my Jem'Hadar officer and my Breen refugee are all addicted to winding each other up and outright brawling.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Jumping from the third floor of Quark's onto the Dabo table. Also entirely too interested in Romulan Ale. Not that he can ever find any. Am I right? Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My captain is addicted to killing things... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    grylak wrote: »
    My Ops officer is addicted to collecting Tribbles.

O... kay... that officer needs help. He will need it EVEN MORE if he's a Klingon!!! :eek:

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hypl wrote: »
    My captain is addicted to killing things... :rolleyes:

The current generation of Starfleet captains share a common affinity towards large-scale-genocide :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lonnehart wrote: »
    O... kay... that officer needs help. He will need it EVEN MORE if he's a Klingon!!! :eek:

Fortunately, Xui Li is Chinese. Not a drop of Klingon blood in her. She has recently aquired a cannibal tribble. No one seems to know where it came from, or how it got aboard. Xui Li isn't sure either (so she claims), but she sure aint getting rid of it. I've reported this to the Councillor, who has arranged a session.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cutting and snorting lines of powdered ketracel white.

Classy!!! :D:D:D

Addictions? No... Eccentricities, Yes.

- Marcus Kane keeps the environmental controls in his quarters set to the climate on Vulcan, where he spent the latter part of his childhood.
    - He shared a bed with his twin sister until he left home to attend the Academy and continued to do so, while on leave, until her death in 2363.
    - While at the Academy, he developed a taste for Starfleet emergency ration bars, and would eat those over other meal options.
    - As an Immortal Human, he is able to consume foods and beverages which would poison baseline Humans, and thus has acquired a very broad palate over the years since his immortal resurrection. His years as an intelligence operative have enabled him to maintain contacts who provide him with constant stocks of Romulan Ale, which he drinks frequently (he cannot be classed as an alcoholic, as he does not 'need' alcohol, either physiologically or psychologically, and the effects of even the most potent alcohol are only momentary, he simply 'likes the taste')
  • Options
    lordyamilordyami Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As all members of his race, Ivan has some degree of psychological problem. He has Chronic Depression, and sometimes disappear for hours in the Holodeck, only getting out when he's back on the mood. In one case, after losing his old Security Officer during the Facility 4028 event, he locked himself for 4 days. apart from that he's a very easygoing and fun person to be around.

His current Ops officer, Amanda, is a Liberated borg, and is fascinated with the idea of creating a federation-approved borg cube.

Kurso'ek, the Gem'hadar Security officer has dropped Ketracel, and is now living in a Zen lifestyle, and has become "addicted" to Green Tea.
  • Options
    nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Captain Jack Taylor has an addiction to collecting souveniers from all the planets he visits. The ladies of his bridge crew apparently are addicted to clothing as they are always changing outfits.