Vote for Compensation from PWE for these new westcoast server Ultra-Mass Lagg/DSCs

Options
seitori
seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Chronicles
So those of us who are currently suffering from it, no exactly what I mean...

(and Trace routes not really showing hub issues)

So lets see about some compensation PWE, because we're not happy...b:scorn

Ok, people lets sound off on what servers we were on and notify them this way what servers just went completely b:fatb~FUBAR~b:fatb on us and then vote for them to comp us (and please don't ask for a ROLLBACK option in the choices)b:sad

My server was {archosaur} 51.6K lagg couldn't move my newbie dreamchaser sin character for 6 minutes in a solo PV (~_~)' While the mobs beat the **** outta his paralyzed butt & my WCs took over 5 minutes to post from the time I sent them...b:angry
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pinkyminky - Heavens Tear
    Pinkyminky - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    My server is Heaven's Tear and reached 25,579 before finally disconnecting me. I couldn't attack and mobs just started attacking me, and then I noticed people complaining about Mass DC and so I just stopped altogether until I DC'd. I was able to log on after that, but it took a few seconds, and it took almost a full minute to load my characters. I get back on and got DC'd again after a few minutes. I waited a little bit, logged back in, took a while to load, and then when I finally got back into the game, the server seemed to go back to normal.

I even have a screenshot of the ping:
    http://i58.tinypic.com/fbj4ly.jpg

And I don't know how to do a traceroute to prove this IS PWI's problem, but I did see someone do it in the "Harshlands down?" forum thread, twice.

I would like some compensation....preferably something to help me get further into the game (level 82 and having a hard time leveling up and I don't have any Hyper Stones and I don't have the money to get any). Either Hypers, or a large amount of in-game coins, or just something to help would be nice.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I vote for nothing.

Also, **** 2x. Seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I vote for stupidity

These mass dced is not from server side, it has been explained many time by Sylen that one of the hub near PWI server is the problem.

Also, I refuse 2x as long as the auto culti are still implemented in game, while ruining an already ruined economy?

I'm having lag and dced also, but thats from my side and one of the hub from my place to PWI server, but ech time people from west coast mass dced, the rest are fine.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No. The PWI community is too ****ing entitled, you people don't deserve jack **** after the way the last compensation and recent Arc codes were abused.

Entitled pricks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You deserve to have this thread removed/locked.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Where's the "Nothing" option?
    I don't want compensation for anything ever, anymore. Not from this company at least.
    Besides which, we are entitled to exactly nothing.

This is the magical world wide internets, stuff doesn't work perfectly all the time. Yeah it's annoying, but I'm not going to cry like a kid denied a candy bar in the grocery store. Re-log, and move on.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Its sad that this is the only thing that has to happen to keep the forums alive.I got bored and just rerolled on another server.Same **** just another server but no dc yay eastcoast!

But if i was compensated i would like my 30+ min of afk time back
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I vote for stupidity

^Everything that led up to me to actually feeling the need to post this poll, was stupidity, so even I'll agree with you on my own thread about its stupidity>> but it doesn't make it any less valid nor nessesary to try and get them to actually look into these probs when they do arise.

These mass dced is not from server side, it has been explained many time by Sylen that one of the hub near PWI server is the problem.

^^My trace route showed no hub break issues this time, as others on another thread have also said (so this time it was more then likely PW's probs & server towers)

Also, I refuse 2x as long as the auto culti are still implemented in game, while ruining an already ruined economy?

^^^True their 'auto-culti' needs to be dropped (but I still left x2 in the poll since its part of what PWE would most likely do (if they actually bothered to actually give anyone anything)

I'm having lag and dced also, but thats from my side and one of the hub from my place to PWI server, but ech time people from west coast mass dced, the rest are fine.

^^^^Many people (even me most times) have the trace show it as a regional hub issue in between us and PWE's towers (but as I said above, this time it showed as green all the way through {no packet loss}) and to say that what may be our hub issues, is whats happening to everyone all the time is crazy >>Because not everyone has only 1-ISP provider /or/ hub route<<

comments above^^
    You deserve to have this thread removed/locked.

^^So posting a thread to try and get PWE to do something (or atleast say something) about the current issues is that much of a crime that it should be locked??

Maybe if people like you would stop trying to deliberately flame every thread you don't agree with, there would be less threads ending up being locked, and something good may come of a thread like this, every once in awhile...b:thanks

Where's the "Nothing" option?
    I don't want compensation for anything ever, anymore. Not from this company at least.
    Besides which, we are entitled to exactly nothing.

This is the magical world wide internets, stuff doesn't work perfectly all the time. Yeah it's annoying, but I'm not going to cry like a kid denied a candy bar in the grocery store. Re-log, and move on.

Sorry, only posted the 'POLL' for possible ways to have them compensate those who just suffered from the whole Lagg Storm DSC Bit, anyways I already figured others would put the 'No Comp~option' in their posts on this, as we've already seen above in the earlier posts^^
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thing is, if it is what Sylen said about the hub near PWE that PWE does not have control over, then they can't really be held responsible for the mass d/cs we've been experiencing. I'd just be happy if the issue could be resolved so that more don't happen in the future. Therefore, I would be happy with no compensation.

On that note, for the mass d/cs we've experienced I feel that the options in the poll are far too generous. We didn't get a massive rollback or downtime for several hours at once. At most a weekend of 2x is probably all we deserve.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Protip: Sylen ain't the only one around here who knows what he's talking about, and this time, yes, the problem was indeed on PWE's end entirely. In fact, Sylen didn't even say anything about the issue this time. Stop deifying the man, it's kinda creepy.

On the subject of compensation: stop being entitled children, put your big girl panties on and get the hell over it. Every damn time there's connectivity issues or someone doesn't like the way an event was run or someone stubs their damn toe, it's compensation compensation compensation. Grow up.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.