Big thanks to Korren and bubbles for that translate

original thread
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15365691&postcount=208
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15366281&postcount=10

update on skill details
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15452831&postcount=777

Special thx to Rivi_V and X_Rays

Cleric
Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, max hp decrease by 10%, increase 40%-80% weapon dmg. 15chi

Ray meditation: available in transformation mode, stop your target hp recovery(and charm recovery) by 15%base atk + 675HP. can be stacked to max 2000-18000HP(SF),last 30sec. 18sec cooldown.

Aurora Magic Ray: available in metal mage mode, AOE version of Ray meditation.

Arc ray of disease: debuff ur target, increase the chance of taking crit dmg by 15%.

Sincere: give ur target Deaden Nerves buff, recover 50% hp when taking effect, last 8sec.

The blessing of the gods: no exp lose upon death.

Tianyin thunderstorm symbol: metal mage version of soul burn! debuff ur target , each time he try to atk or use skill, he has 30% chance take phy dmg equal to ur magic atk. last 1min. 50chi

Tian Yu Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, increase 60%-100% weapon dmg. 15chi
its prolly a bit early and not fully update but if u compare the first post korren made and the 2nd link in this post (by bubbles) u can compare the chi/recast/range on most of the skills...

From what i see, the mediation ray lasts about same as sleep skill with a 8.0 cooldown? >.> if thats really correct then thats pretty spammable o.o assuming we dont get killed before it. The aoe version Aurora Magic Ray says its 10meters range so.... still wondering how far the non-aoe one reaches.

??? on "For five or more higher than their enemies ineffective. " altho not too worried since most of the time sessions such as TW are more or less same level.

cleric Deadend nerves 300.0 seconds cooldown ....300/60=... **** 5min >.>;;

Gods blessing - Passive skills - \o/

thunderstorm symbol- im happy this one is supposidely 28.5 meters range? it would be our farthest reaching skill we have
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
Post edited by Deceptistar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Big thanks to Korren and bubbles for that translate

original thread
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15365691&postcount=208
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15366281&postcount=10

update on skill details
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15452831&postcount=777

its prolly a bit early and not fully update but if u compare the first post korren made and the 2nd link in this post (by bubbles) u can compare the chi/recast/range on most of the skills...

From what i see, the mediation ray lasts about same as sleep skill with a 8.0 cooldown? >.> if thats really correct then thats pretty spammable o.o assuming we dont get killed before it. The aoe version Aurora Magic Ray says its 10meters range so.... still wondering how far the non-aoe one reaches.

??? on "For five or more higher than their enemies ineffective. " altho not too worried since most of the time sessions such as TW are more or less same level.

cleric Deadend nerves 300.0 seconds cooldown ....300/60=... **** 5min >.>;;

Gods blessing - Passive skills - \o/

thunderstorm symbol- im happy this one is supposidely 28.5 meters range? it would be our farthest reaching skill we have

<----Wants these skills. Thanks for the post. These skills would help A LOT. A good non chi consuming, low cooldown AOE would help too...or something like a metal version of a wizards dragon breath that does consume chi. It would help a lot in times when we tank or DD. Still, these skills look nice. I hope to get them soon. b:thanks
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    korren said that to obtain the skills u gotta join a specific npc faction in game (i think they give u choices of which and its unrelated to player faction) The free skills? you get are determined by the npc faction u join. The rest u gotta buy or do something but its obtainable. I wonder if its like a sage/demon choice >.>
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    Cedro - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Purple Night Dance: Garbage, it disables like 50%+ of all our skills, and in exchange we get a increase in damage of like 4-5%?, no heals no blessing and on top of that it decreases your max HP.

Ray meditation: 15% basic magic attack + 675?, now lets suppose you have 15k base magic attack (good average I guess), thats not even 3000 HP curse, which means it wont prevent a full charm tick of any char with decent HP, the cooldown is also not low, so it cant really be stacked, and lol if the character has high HP this skill is useless, on top of that it requires the horrible metal mode to be casted LMAO. This skill is garbage.

Aurora Magic Ray: Suicide skill, you have to be at 10 mts from target, the effect is subpar too, any decent char with decent HP wont even bother with this, but expect everyone's attention to draw toward you, so pretty much you are screwed, garbage skill.

Arc ray of disease: Good skill, mostly because it does not require metal mode.

Sincere: 8 seconds what the ****? give us a 30 seconds+ dreaden nerves, 8 seconds is ****. This skill is garbage.

The blessing of the gods: Good Skill.

Tianyin thunderstorm symbol: Subpar skill, it activates by 30% chances only, why the hell is so low? on top of that it deals physical damage so melees apsers wont take that much dmg from it (and the cleric wont endure too much dmg anyway), other classes will find it annoying at most but the low activation chance means that they will probably ignore it, may be good against arcanes since the damage is physical but the low activation chance and arcanes low firerate means that it really wont bother them that much. All in all this skill is subpar, it has its uses but not too many and requires the stupid metal mage mode on top of that.

Tian Yu Purple Night Dance: Powered up version of the other skill, no HP lost but the effect is still garbage, disable 50%+% of all of our skills (all heals and blessings) for some miserable 6.5% increase in damage (if you have godly soulforce only).

So yea we got the worst of the new skills, someone may say that we can choose not to use them, but that's not fair since plenty of classes are getting some good and even OP skills. But it seems that whoever made Cleric's skills knew nothing about clerics and just dropped random stuff on it and call it a day:

What the metal mage really needs to be effective is:

1. A good increase in damage: I was expecting a metal damage increase of 20-40% for god sake, miserable 6-7% in exchange of disabling all heals is just brutally unfair.

2. A buff skill that in crease our defense: Plume shield is just not enough, either a passive skill that increase our defense like verdant shield or make plume shield a 30 mins buff and it only takes half of the MP damage that it takes now.

3. An antistun skill.

4. A teleport away skill / Knockback skill.

5. Make the soulburn-like skill deal magic damage instead of physical, and raise the activation to 50% or more.

Thats it fell free to comment if there is anything more to add, Im now seriously disappointed with this game now, I don't want to hear anything else about this lame update, all I can say is that we got shafted big time in this update.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I would trade all of those skills for an anti-stun skill in a heartbeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    2.A buff skill that in crease our defense: Plume shield is just not enough, either a passive skill that increase our defense like verdant shield or make plume shield a 30 mins buff and it only takes half of the MP damage that it takes now.

3. An antistun skill.

4. A teleport away skill / Knockback skill.

5. Make the soulburn-like skill deal magic damage instead of physical, and raise the activation to 50% or more.

Thats it fell free to comment if there is anything more to add, Im now seriously disappointed with this game now, I don't want to hear anything else about this lame update, all I can say is that we got shafted big time in this update.

1. Doesn't Cleric have the most useful buff that increase defense ? Vanguard Spirit/Magic shell . As i know you're sage, you have 100% additional P.def everytime you cast it on you . Plume Shell 30 min buff ? What for, it's already spammable .

2. Agreed cleric need antistun .

3. Not quite sure about what you expect with those skills . Since anyway only mystic got a knockback skill that works in every situation . Teleport away is more a kitting skills, cleric has sleep/seal/SoG .

Anyway, forcing cleric to go into metal mage mode where you are unable to heal is lame . Why making a cleric if it's not to heal/support geez...
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1. Doesn't Cleric have the most useful buff that increase defense ? Vanguard Spirit/Magic shell . As i know you're sage, you have 100% additional P.def everytime you cast it on you . Plume Shell 30 min buff ? What for, it's already spammable .

2. Agreed cleric need antistun .

3. Not quite sure about what you expect with those skills . Since anyway only mystic got a knockback skill that works in every situation . Teleport away is more a kitting skills, cleric has sleep/seal/SoG .

Anyway, forcing cleric to go into metal mage mode where you are unable to heal is lame . Why making a cleric if it's not to heal/support geez...

1. To disable heals you have to give cleric something that resist dmg since he/she can no longer heal himself, that defense skill must be on top of Vanguard as a self buff, just like Verdant Shell/ Stone Barrier so it can stack for some decent defense, but to be honest I prefer an improved plume shell over it.

3. The tele away is to prevent the metal mage to be stunned and killed in few seconds by a melee, many classes have antistun-like skills that resist sleep, so is not really that useful. The tele will allow the metal mage to kite with is essentially what mages do.

I agree with you that clerics should not be forced into metal mage mode to cast new skills, whoever made the new skills for Clerics obviously know nothing about the class, I dont mind disabling my heals if there is a nice trade off for it, but no we just disable 50%+ of our skills for nothing just some miserable dmg increase and subpar skills.
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The tele away is to prevent the metal mage to be stunned and killed in few seconds by a melee, many classes have antistun-like skills that resist sleep, so is not really that useful. The tele will allow the metal mage to kite with is essentially what mages do.

It would be cool and fun . But when someone run with anti stun skills (lets say BM/Archer) You still have the choice to SoG, which still make him unable to do anything even tho he can still move .
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It would be cool and fun . But when someone run with anti stun skills (lets say BM/Archer) You still have the choice to SoG, which still make him unable to do anything even tho he can still move .

What you say is true if you are fighting someone else alone or in a duel, but if you are fighting in a group, as most of the time is the case, you should not use SOG as it will cast turtle on the target pretty much rendering him unkillable for 15 seconds, and he will still be able to move if he had antistun on top of that even if it can't take action. He can set himself up for a HF/AOE Stun/AOE DMG/Vortex or something dangerous when in the right position. Tele away and kite would have been a much better choice.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I do agree. Metal mage mode is stupid. To be honest, I was quite tired when I first looked at this. What I did like was God's Blessings. Some of the other new skills would be more effective if it did not require metal mage mode to be cast. I do agree that clerics overall got shafted. The No XP loss skill is the skill that I liked, and I didn't even realize that the soulburn skill is metal mage mode required as well. (Like I said, I was tired when I saw this.).

I agree...now that I'm more awake with what a lot of you are saying. Clerics could use:

Antistun
    Teleport
    Knockback.
    The No XP loss skill. (I'll give that skill its credit. Lol.)
    Better Defenses. ( I do consider a cleric to be a defensive mage if a wizard is an offensive on, and psy is a mixture.)
    A SPEED SKILL
    A no chi, very low cooldown AOE skill OR a skill like the wizards dragon breath that goes in that type of circle.

The reason that metal mage mode is as horrible as it is is because a great deal of a clerics survivabilty is off of IH blessings. We lack the power of other DD'ers, but we can heal. That's like saying that if a mystic summons any creature, they can't heal. That greatly reduces the players abilities, and a 10 meter range for an arcane class is ****. Plus giving us long cooldown times to boot. Meh. Its pretty sucky. Now assasins with an INVESTIGATE ability is bs, op, disrespectful to ones privacy, and overall unfair. I don't want anyone looking in my inventory just because they can, and they're in my squad. I'll probably comment more on this later, and the other cleric skills later.

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.

• Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What you say is true if you are fighting someone else alone or in a duel, but if you are fighting in a group, as most of the time is the case, you should not use SOG as it will cast turtle on the target pretty much rendering him unkillable for 15 seconds, and he will still be able to move if he had antistun on top of that even if it can't take action. He can set himself up for a HF/AOE Stun/AOE DMG/Vortex or something dangerous when in the right position. Tele away and kite would have been a much better choice.

b:chuckle Not much PvP experience yet right ? In a massive PvP, SoG the annoying DD . You shouldn't bother try to kill the unkillable first . As long as one of them can't do anything you're free to do other stuffs .
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle Not much PvP experience yet right ? In a massive PvP, SoG the annoying DD . You shouldn't bother try to kill the unkillable first . As long as one of them can't do anything you're free to do other stuffs .

No point in answering to that, this thread is about something else, what experience do I have since I joined PWI (Nov 2008) is irrelevant. b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    For decept: here's new cleric skill tree http://i.imgur.com/tz52U.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Thread about new cleric skills, where i see no useful improvement for cleric class . Some advice on how to use our current skills are as usual, taken as an offense :s
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    For decept: here's new cleric skill tree http://i.imgur.com/tz52U.jpg

Thanks Asterelle.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No point in answering to that, this thread is about something else, what experience do I have since I joined PWI (Nov 2008) is irrelevant. b:bye
    SoG is useful for barraging a cata barb when he comes in near the crystal.

In that sense Ray meditation is also very useful in such situations. Theres no other time i wish their charm wouldnt tick than the times a high HP barb cata's by a crystal after invoke.

For outside PVP it might not be that useful but for others like TW, these skills i think would shine.

and yay ty astypoo
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I know it sounds useful on the paper, but when you see the formula that makes the HP curse works, is easy to realize it does not, the formula is 15% base Matk + 675HP. This is the formula that I have at least.

A cata barb has 35k+ HP, in order to prevent a cata barb charm from ticking the HP curse must be around 17k+ HP, unfortunately with the current formula of 15% base Matk + 675HP you wont be able to reach that amount (with 15k mattack is around 3k HP curse per cast, 3675 HP curse with base 20k mattack ) and so the charm will still tick recovering most of the barb HP but a small fraction (but 3kish), I know every bit helps but not like this, the HP Curse amount is just too low , and thats pretending that the barb is not getting heals, because as I understand heals also cancel the HP curse, so it really will cancel the curse with a single heal of any kind.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I see great uses for metal mage.

1. Cleric can DD well in caster nirvy/other instances now (hopefully).

2. 1.6 second chan time, 15 sec cooldown means you can switch back and forth at a moments notice if heals are needed. Sometimes there is no need to heal with a hax'd out BP aps tanking, or a 2nd cleric present.

3. TW, stopping charms. Effect claims to be stackable, every little bit helps.

4. Finally everyone can stop being so cautious and scared the cleric will die and lose XP and RQ squad. Maybe people will start doing bigger pulls again to finish instances faster? Aps is great and all, but AoE damage is where its at. I'd much rather take a risk and have some fun in game then do the boring old 1 by 1 zeal pull BH. (Not really all that cleric related, but still...guess I'm abit ranty from todays Aba)
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I see great uses for metal mage.

1. Cleric can DD well in caster nirvy/other instances now (hopefully).

2. 1.6 second chan time, 15 sec cooldown means you can switch back and forth at a moments notice if heals are needed. Sometimes there is no need to heal with a hax'd out BP aps tanking, or a 2nd cleric present.

3. TW, stopping charms. Effect claims to be stackable, every little bit helps.

4. Finally everyone can stop being so cautious and scared the cleric will die and lose XP and RQ squad. Maybe people will start doing bigger pulls again to finish instances faster? Aps is great and all, but AoE damage is where its at. I'd much rather take a risk and have some fun in game then do the boring old 1 by 1 zeal pull BH. (Not really all that cleric related, but still...guess I'm abit ranty from todays Aba)

1. False, 6.5% increase in damage in exchange for disabling all buffs and heals? What would you say if they made a melee archer mode that disables all ranged skills for a 6% increased damage in non normal hits with claws?

2. Switching back means that the mode is not useful, is also unpractical.

3. It does not stop charms, the Cursed HP is subpar, read the skill description, a normal hit with a skill would be better than the curse.

4. The skill that prevents exp lost on death is good esp for low level clerics, but some of us have many scrolls that prevent the exp lost anyway. Not saying that the skill is bad by any means as not everyone can afford scrolls everytime you die, but is definitely not gamebreaking just a nice skill that's all.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, max hp decrease by 10%, increase 40%-80% weapon dmg. 15chi

Ray meditation: available in transformation mode, stop your target hp recovery(and charm recovery) by 15%base atk + 675HP. can be stacked to max 2000-18000HP(SF),last 30sec. 18sec cooldown.

Aurora Magic Ray: available in metal mage mode, AOE version of Ray meditation.

Arc ray of disease: debuff ur target, increase the chance of taking crit dmg by 15%.

Sincere: give ur target Deaden Nerves buff, recover 50% hp when taking effect, last 8sec.

The blessing of the gods: no exp lose upon death.

Tianyin thunderstorm symbol: metal mage version of soul burn! debuff ur target , each time he try to atk or use skill, he has 30% chance take phy dmg equal to ur magic atk. last 1min. 50chi

Tian Yu Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, increase 60%-100% weapon dmg. 15chi

purple night dance/metal mage form is useless since demon cleric already have spirit's gift increase 150% magic with out decreasing hp. and you can heal. so i dont see the use of this skill. other than using the aurora magic ray/ray meditation during metal mage.

ray meditation/aurora ray: some what usefull in pvp/tw it stacks but 18 sec cool down is stupid. it would be more usefull if it was like 6 sec cool down or 10. then you can actually stack it enough on a cata/ aoe other players.

arc ray of disease: usefull debuff

sincere: like deaden nerve, recover 50% hp. but 8 secs? depends on situations ._.' shoudl be a min.

blessing of gods: usefull for new players

Tianyin thunderstorm symbol: its usefull. 30% chance tho is quite low.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1. False, 6.5% increase in damage in exchange for disabling all buffs and heals? What would you say if they made a melee archer mode that disables all ranged skills for a 6% increased damage in non normal hits with claws

That comparison really is not fair, but I agree with your initial point regardless.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Looks like suicide, somebody already said it and it looks painfully obvious. I can't see its usefulness at all, even in metal mage mode cleric will still be worst DD in game even if the other classes don't use new skills.
    The only benefits I can see is that passive buff and crit debuff and the fact that multiple clerics in a squad will now be ever so slightly more useful rather than being a poor unwanted leech. Bet they still will be though, other classes got way way better skills.

Worst thing though is the cooldowns, as if channel and cast times aren't bad enough, arcanes get slapped with some of the most ridiculous cooldowns in this game which makes them pretty much one hit wonders, 30 secs into a pvp fight and if any targets are still alive you're screwed.

As far as the deaden nerves skill goes, I'm gonna asume it causes agro cause of other effect which means it would only be useful to cast on other players in very specific situations which is a waste of a pretty good 'go to' skill unlike WoP which is quite dandy when used on Barbs for instance even though it has a ridiculous cooldown.

Would also like to point out it is completely worthless unless you are a heavy cash shopper, as if they ever need any more help in being 'better'.

Metal mage mode should have definately come with some kind of antistun and defensive skill, everything in this game seems to be programmed around charms these days which is rubbish. Gonna be a lot of 'DD' clerics getting one shotted for sure.
    PWI b:bye
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Having gone back, and checked it whilst being awake, I have to agree that clerics got screwed in this deal.

The passive no xp loss is nice. I'll give it that.

The debuff is nice. (Hopefully the increased crit chance on us can be purified.)

Sincere is meh.

The metal mage skills do appear to be **** though. A cleric's skills are based off of healing, and defenses. The metal mage ability takes that power away from us. Every other caster can heal themselves though, and innately deal more damage than clerics do. We are a healing class, and are what I see as a defensive mage. Giving us offenses is nice, but not at the complete cost of all, or most of our defenses. In all honesty, I'd probably only use metal mage when I'm tanking fb39 or something low leveled...maybe fb59 at the highest. A cleric is a DD capable healing support class, and should be ready to heal at a moments notice if need be. Metal mage does little for me. I went sage due to better defenses partially. Demon does more damage, and as someone else already stated, they can still heal too. I don't pvp or tw, so charm ticks, and hp recovery of others is near meaningless to me.

Finally, we get a soulburn skill that works sometimes, is only aavailable through metal mage mode, and only lasts a minute.

Yeah, these skills are pretty ****.

Actually making us more useful would be nice, so that clerics wouldn't be considered the mushrooms of the pwi environment. Instead they gave a metal mage mode that comes with the cost of 15 chi, 10% of my hp (WHICH IS ALREADY LOW!!!!!), and the ENTIRETY of my healing abilities....just to deal more damage. So, basically this is a broken version a psychics black voodoo, except that ours has more disadvantages than advantages, and that we can't really use them. Yet, seekers get pets, wizards get control skills, everyone else gets really nice things, and we get to be called fail for going into metal mage mode to do better DD, and then forgetting that our IH doesn't work now since we're in this stupid mode.

Meh. I deal pretty good damage how I am. That mode doesn't really help me...except on bosses that already can't kill me. Maybe I'll use it on Quingzi or something so that it can get some use. I know, I'll use ray meditation to keep the bosses charm from ticking. After all, I am a PVE cleric that doesn't pvp or tw. Huh? What? The boss doesn't have a charm so there is absolutely NO USE for ray meditation for me? Huh? OH wow. Maybe, I'll use it to keep a friend's charm from ticking after a duel or something. That might work. Oh, and an inefficeint soulburn. How nice. If only it was reliable, and if only lasted longer, and if only I could use it could be used in regular cleric mode, and if only it did magic attacks to melee attackers then it would be worthwhile. After all, clerics need them. Its us that people go after when they're looking for easy kills. So, metal mage mode comes with a little bit of advantage, and tons of disabilities...even going so far as to take away the clerics function, and this is called balance.

Well, at least we can purge, have an extra buff now, and not lose experience when we die from being in metal mage mode....whatever that's supposed to do. -__-'

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It would be a riot if we can dodge the proverbial bullet by going metal mage mode right before a boss wipes the entire squad. That way, no one loses exp :3

I have not read much on these skills, to be honest. I couldn't care less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    my monies on that half the pple who think cleric got screwed will be using these skills half the time :O
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    my monies on that half the pple who think cleric got screwed will be using these skills half the time :O

I think it it may be possible to use both of the HP curses (Aoe and single cast) since it does't state anywhere that they share a cooldown, perhaps we can stack multiple curses on one asleep target, and link it with seal of gods, freeze, perhaps sleep again etc, for more HP curse stacking on a cata barb, hopefully normal heals dont cancel it though. b:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The cooldown on the charm debuff is 8s not 18s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The cooldown on the charm debuff is 8s not 18s.

Single target is 8s, I think AOE one is 16-18s cant remember.

I was expecting metal mage mode to be an offensive mode, but it seems that is only good to debuff/curse then go back to normal mode, because it just disables most stuff, Can we get a real offensive mode with attack/defense and control skills? or can the debuff be changed so they dont need metal mode, or can metal mode NOT disable 50% of our skills: b:angry
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1. False, 6.5% increase in damage in exchange for disabling all buffs and heals? What would you say if they made a melee archer mode that disables all ranged skills for a 6% increased damage in non normal hits with claws?

2. Switching back means that the mode is not useful, is also unpractical.

3. It does not stop charms, the Cursed HP is subpar, read the skill description, a normal hit with a skill would be better than the curse.

4. The skill that prevents exp lost on death is good esp for low level clerics, but some of us have many scrolls that prevent the exp lost anyway. Not saying that the skill is bad by any means as not everyone can afford scrolls everytime you die, but is definitely not gamebreaking just a nice skill that's all.

Seriously dude, all I have seen is you complain about all the new skills.
    You say you've played since nov 08? Yet you see no potential in the new skills, I say go pk for a few weeks and you'll see some. =3
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Seriously dude, all I have seen is you complain about all the new skills.
    You say you've played since nov 08? Yet you see no potential in the new skills, I say go pk for a few weeks and you'll see some. =3

Is not only us complaining about Cleric new skills, and the problem of disabling heals/blessings, is all over the place on the official wanmei forums with several threads talking about it, I'm keeping an eye on those forums, perhaps if enough people complain those skills can be tweaked so they actually become useful.

I will post here if anything is changed. As they are right now, they are underpowered esp. when compared to classes like wizie that got a skill that auto shrinks you back and autopurifies when attacked by melee b:shocked
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I honestly don't see the problem with heals being disabled. Have decent defense, use armor charms, be hp/mp charmed, use apoth healing isn't necessary.
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^