Genesis Patching Issues

nanamango
nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
Welcome everyone! b:victory

Genesis is here and I know you are all very excited to jump in-game and explore the new content! b:dirty

We are aware that our download servers are being heavily bombarded at this time. so if you are having some troubles with downloading the patch, you may want to consider trying again later when there may be few players trying to get access as well. b:scorn

You may also wish to try our FileFactory mirror to download the manual patches. Unfortunately, we were unable to mirror the patches on to GameFront. It's a pretty big patch, but I'm sure you all have noticed that already! b:mischievous

We'd like to thank you for your patience in this situation. b:thanks
Post edited by nanamango on

Comments

• Raiga_Lee - Heavens Tear
    Raiga_Lee - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well it sure does making me sweat just to download the game. i used the direct download but can't confirm so installation been cut-off, now i am using bit torrent downloader and i just this works coz i am downloading since morning and nothing's happenin'.
  • AmuletSpade - Raging Tide
    AmuletSpade - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    NanaMango wrote: »
    Welcome everyone! b:victory

Genesis is here and I know you are all very excited to jump in-game and explore the new content! b:dirty

We are aware that our download servers are being heavily bombarded at this time. so if you are having some troubles with downloading the patch, you may want to consider trying again later when there may be few players trying to get access as well. b:scorn

You may also wish to try our FileFactory mirror to download the manual patches. Unfortunately, we were unable to mirror the patches on to GameFront. It's a pretty big patch, but I'm sure you all have noticed that already! b:mischievous

We'd like to thank you for your patience in this situation. b:thanks
    I already downloaded the patch and installed it but the server is not showing up what to do?
  • camarguinho2
    camarguinho2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    how to install the patch? (dumb question.)
  • X_Xtina_x - Archosaur
    X_Xtina_x - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tried doing the update, I see the new window and both green and purple bars are full. green one says updating and purple has some names changing. After a while it says error while updating, try again?, its being 7 hrs by now.
    Should i uninstall the game and download it again?
  • rainxxxxxxxxx
    rainxxxxxxxxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    can some1 help me pls?

im done updating the patcher n when i click start, this error appears T_T

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k86/LZ4ESOTM/untitled1111111.jpg
  • XxXxIrisxXxX - Dreamweaver
    XxXxIrisxXxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can someone please help me? I am so dense when it comes to fixing the game. It's been running for like 7 hours and it keeps popping up with this "Try Again" or "Cancel Update" I never had this problem before. Thank you! b:thanksb:kiss

its.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cute Meow b:kiss
    Here to be your Kitty. Make you all happy.
  • Reireikitteh - Dreamweaver
    Reireikitteh - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i just got the patch/expansion installed and now an item on the ground showa a square for its quality instead of a star like a 1 2 3 stars item it didnt do that before the patch/exansion any clues?
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can someone please help me? I am so dense when it comes to fixing the game. It's been running for like 7 hours and it keeps popping up with this "Try Again" or "Cancel Update" I never had this problem before. Thank you! b:thanksb:kiss

its.jpg

I have the exact same problem, and im almost at the same point you are, like 95% done >_<!!!! Did you get an answer? Any help at all would be great this has taken all DAY :(
  • _Memei_ - Heavens Tear
    _Memei_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011

its.jpg

i had the same problem..i almost did it for 7hours..so i exited it..den wen i open agen, it continues to where i stopped..i guess lots of people are trying to patch it dats y the server is busy...=)..ill post if i had patched it already..b:chuckleb:laugh
  • HoneyPott - Archosaur
    HoneyPott - Archosaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    can some1 help me pls?

I'm having the exact same error on my laptop. Same message, everything. Let's hope there's a solution for this.
  • HoneyPott - Archosaur
    HoneyPott - Archosaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    When the File Error message appears, try pressing Stop Update, and the Start game button will turn orange. Press it and you will get another pop-up which allows you to carry on updating, and I found that this usually helped get past a file I was stuck on.

If THAT doesn't work, try closing the loader and reopening again, and press Continue Update.

Using these 2 methods I managed to get Genesis working on my PC. Good luck guys. I hope this works for you too.

~Edit~ Problem in my previous post is on my laptop, my PC is running fine XD
  • GoogleMaster - Raging Tide
    GoogleMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Looks like the servers are really stressed because I get a pathetic download speed every time I try to download the patch manually. Has anyone got URLs of unofficial mirrors(Not filefactory! Its slow, too b:surrender) for downloading that update?

PS: The Genesis update seems to be completely chaotic...b:shocked Good luck with fixing it, devs! b:chuckle
  • cannath
    cannath Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hi, I have a different problem. When Im trying to use manual update it says the files are corrupted and when I tried auto-update it stopped at elementskill.dll and wont go any further (not even after 7+ hours); I repeated the auto-update process more times than I can count. I turned off my firewall and also my antivirus and even made exclusion for PWI in both just in case before I downloaded the manual patch. I havent turned the firewall and antivirus on during update process, but the result was the same - a message popped - update files corrupted. And before you ask, yes I tried to verify the files; it had difficulties with verifying the elementclient.exe file. Please if u have any kind of advise, it is welcome. Thank you :-)
  • baralaikiats
    baralaikiats Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sigh i have tried doing all of the above both the manual patch and the auto-update stop on the file .bon what is the problem here?
  • Djdead - Dreamweaver
    Djdead - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have the exact same problem, and im almost at the same point you are, like 95% done >_<!!!! Did you get an answer? Any help at all would be great this has taken all DAY :(
    i do it 10 times and all times problem
  • nanamango
    edited March 2011
    can some1 help me pls?

For this issue, you will need to submit a ticket to Tech Support. They will be able to offer you more indepth help with this issue from there. b:surrender
  • nanamango
    edited March 2011
    For those of you have issues while auto-patching, you may want to try the manual patch downloads. Also please make sure you have enough space on your system for the patch. It is quite large, it maybe that you're running out of disk space. I found that to be my problem when I tried to update to Genesis. Also, if you are getting stuck at some file and it will not let you continue, skip down to the bold part of this post. It may be that your antivirus has flagged that file and is preventing your from continuing. You may want to add an exception to your anitvirus/firewall and/or pause your antivirus protection while patching the game.

If you are still having problems, you may want to try the manual patches. You can find them on them here or here. Try the Direct Download as it is the easiest to work with if you are unfamiliar with Bit Torrent downloads.

Like I said earlier, we were unable to mirror it to GameFront, but FileFactory has a mirror and you may find it easier to get the files from.

To use these patches, start with the version number your client is currently at, and work your way up as needed.

If you are receiving unreadable gibberish messages, you will need to submit a ticket to Tech Support for more in depth assistance.

For those of you who have successfully patched, the game feel free to let others know your steps in getting through the patching process!

After patching, if you are not seeing any game servers up, you may want to try verifying your files. Please note that everyone is trying to get in the game, so the servers may not show for a bit. If that is the case, please be patient and try again later.

Here are some more things that might also help you...

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks & Goodluck!

b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • dearsweetheart
    dearsweetheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Sorry for late reply, after I managed to get in, I fell a sleep, I waited like 7 hours for that thing. It was a pain when I got lost, but then I found a way. Mini way xD. So if that message pops up on yours and you had to wait constantly just to hit try again, dont. Just hit Stop Update, and then click the Update button!

I have them all checked. So, I checked the bottom one lastly, and it doesn't pop anymore because I had it automatically know what to do next. It went really fast after I updated it again because this time it had already went through all them updating. So, it should work for you. And just leave it, it will continue to go over the same thing where it was stuck but it will eventually let you past in a few. Ok? Sorry I was late, and you already gotten in! Have fun! :)
  • dearsweetheart
    dearsweetheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    sigh i have tried doing all of the above both the manual patch and the auto-update stop on the file .bon what is the problem here?

Just try, what I wrote down for the other person. It might work.
    Sometimes the simple things manage to get you finished! :)
    Have fun on your Seeker, and Mystic
  • baralaikiats
    baralaikiats Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    all i did was click on the update button then unticked auto resume update then i closed the app and when i opened the app again it asked if i would like to resume from where i was i said yes and it went over the block ! finally!b:laugh
  • beatricesama
    beatricesama Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well. When I started the upload, it got stuck in te beginning. Then I remembered that when I downloaded Rising Tide, I had a similar problem. And the solution was: Go in update, and unmark all the options; close the launcher and start it again. Will appear a message asking if you want to continue the update from were you stoped, you go on yes and the update works.
    I hope it works, and sorry if I wrote anything wrong..........
  • beatricesama
    beatricesama Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    all i did was click on the update button then unticked auto resume update then i closed the app and when i opened the app again it asked if i would like to resume from where i was i said yes and it went over the block ! finally!b:laugh

LOL, i didn't see the post o3o
  • Hello_Vixen - Raging Tide
    Hello_Vixen - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The bar on mine is COMPLETELY full and the stupid thing keeps popping up. -.-

I don't know what to do anymore!
  • Natsume_Maya - Sanctuary
    Natsume_Maya - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Is it possible to get a torrent link for the manual patch?
    It will help a lot of people (including me) ;)
    Thanks
  • ellvalin
    ellvalin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My game doesn't work at all anymore. Ever since the Genesis thing, so yesterday. Go to open it and it takes a good 5 minutes just to connect to the server. When I click confirm to download the patches it closes the box and that's it. Nothing. Try again and it's the same thing, just closes the box but doesn't download anything.

My problem doesn't really seem to match the descriptions given here but that's all I can figure is that it's the same problem. I even tried disabling my anti-virus completely with no luck. Sooo, is this the end of Perfect World for me?
  • cannath
    cannath Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Here is what I did:
    - Uninstalled and deleted any PWI file
    - Downloaded client again (should get u to straight to Rising Tide)
    - Installed the game
    - Downloaded patcher (402 - 484)
    - Updated
    - Game works now
  • nanamango
    edited March 2011
    b:thanks I want to take a moment to thank everyone who is helping out and posting their solution steps to a successful Genesis patch! Way to go PWI community!

For those if you still having issues, please look around at those who have successfully updated and compare your methods!

If after that you are still having issues, rather than just posting that it doesn't work, help us out by also telling us what you methods you have tried. This way we can help you out faster by skipping the methods, you already tried!

Also feel free to submit a ticket to Tech Support if you feel you need more in-depth help!
  • nanamango
    edited March 2011
    Is it possible to get a torrent link for the manual patch?
    It will help a lot of people (including me) ;)
    Thanks

Sorry, the only torrent link we have is for the main client, and you can find that on the Download page of PWI.
  • rodragonz
    rodragonz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    am i sapose to Downloaded patcher (402 - 484)?
    and i get a error here is a link
    http://img826.imageshack.us/i/captureo1.png/ ive uninstalled reinstalled and let it update but i keep getting the MagCore error Please help D:
  • Zcat - Heavens Tear
    Zcat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    NanaMango wrote: »
    Sorry, the only torrent link we have is for the main client, and you can find that on the Download page of PWI.

if we download that client do we still have to download the genesis patch

becoz i am having problems downloading it

when its done by auto patcher it keeps failing on broadcast.ini file
    when i am doing it manually the download link dies after a little download it says the download link is no longer available
    and when i apply the mirror it just takes my download % back to zero
    i have downloaded the manual patch 4 times but every time the link just dies and it works when i start from zerob:surrender
    should i wait for bittorrent client with genesis includedb:sadb:shocked
This discussion has been closed.