Will PWI improve?

Options
2»

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol I will point out the you need to spell better,I'm just saying and no it's random not in that order smart one. Dead people can also talk in this game.

I am sorry, I will use your sentence "I will point out the you need to spell better" as my new benchmark for proper english.

If you are going to point out someone's else typos, you really should make sure the post you make pointing those typos out does not have typos in itself....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it's normal that PWI can't be forever they '' golden horse ''. I have play already 2 free mmorpgs which are at last from a graphical standpoint better from PW, but they lack in gameplay. But i quess PWI weak point isn't really the graphic but the old mechanics of the game ; slow pace grinding, lack of pvp..where newest mmorpgs tend to be fast pace, more focused on town wars...
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I am sorry, I will use your sentence "I will point out the you need to spell better" as my new benchmark for proper english.

If you are going to point out someone's else typos, you really should make sure the post you make pointing those typos out does not have typos in itself....

u mad?b:chuckle
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    u mad?b:chuckle

Why you no cause arguments on your main b:question.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why you no cause arguments on your main b:question.

pfft this is my main.
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why you gotta be off-topic? Back to discussing PWI astounda-mazing graphics, please.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Right. So B&S is P2P. GW2 is probably B2P. There are some other games around as well with good graphics, but pretty bad gameplay. We might see some better F2P games with good graphics within the year, but they'll still be in beta. So for the moment, PWI is probably the best mix of graphics and gameplay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the answer is no... in 5 months what have I seen.... hmm.. cash shop.. and more cash shop.... except for a few new implementations that no one does (trophy mode)... and the removal of the only thing people looked forward too (tournament) not much has happened in 5 months. Only decent thing to come out of these few months is the npc saving your items.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Despite having a really old game engine, the graphics remain somewhat decent. The main thing that PWI has and will continue to have over most other MMOs is overall content. And you can see the pace of the content actually increasing. When we first got this game, what a year and a half ago, new content was slow to come out... it seems the development staff has been pushing out new content at a rather impressive pace.

Of course, this in the long run will mean more to longevity than new and shiny graphics. There is just more to do here than *name your recent 'I'm leaving PW for XXXX' game*. It's also highly unlikely that there will be any major graphics update. To do so would require tremendous reworking of everything from the renderer, models, textures, etc... It just won't happen, ever.

Look at those games and try to figure out how much sense it makes to invest time, money and energy in a "almost dead" game like PWI or in the trio above that's going to be the future cash cow for PW.
    You don't need to be a rocket scientist ...

Apparently you do need to be a rocket scientist... Perfect World is hardly an almost dead game. If you hadn't noticed the names of the company are Perfect World Entertainment and Perfect World International... despite all the newer games they're publishing, PWI still seems to be their bread and butter. And as long as they keep adding updates to the 'package', it's unlikely that PWI will die for a long time.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    PWI = Beautiful on the outside, decayed deeply within b:pleased
    *Semi retired*
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is the second best graphical looking rpg I played.There are few things that could use a little retexduring(sic)mounts feet and some of the mobs.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    All I want is my panties back. They said cuz my tail is so fluffy I can't wear panties 4rdeeg.gifdlgod5.gif
    Give me back my panties! 2i0gbck.gif
    *Semi retired*
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the only improvement id like to see is in the hair, make the ends finer and the longer styles (like mine) flexible- or blow in the wind)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    would prefer higher details , already on max
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    PWI does have good graphics, especially environmental graphics, but I can name multiple other f2p games with better character or skill animations. And Im sure PWI will improve, Ive been playing this game for about a year and a half, on and off, and it has the most active update frequency Ive ever seen in any game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]