Combined skills - Worth it?

Options
nociro
nociro Posts: 50 Arc User
So theres a ton of new fancy skills, but I read a few places that some combined skills are bugged / less good than their original version. These posts are buried somewhere in all the other posts, and I cant really find them again.
So I thought maybe it would be good to get this thread up running.
What class are you, and what is your impression of each skill upgrade you have so far? Worth/Not worth?

Comments

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    mystic and seeker skills have misspelled words, wrong documentation, etc. Some skills don't interact correctly, others have inaccurate descriptions. Mystic also has several skills which don't even have a description, just a blank empty box. Some skills are just copy-pasted from previous versions even though they do something different.

Other than that, I think most of the skills are upgrades. Seeker's seem to have the biggest issues.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Seeker has a bucket load of issues really, but it all is due to stances and how each proc interacts. A few tips:

1.You cannot proc stances produced from an upgraded skill with an un-upgraded skill, and vice-versa. When upgrading skills do it in batches of proc skill/trigger skills.
    2. Certain glyphs eliminate stance/procs so pay attention to these (i believe they are the red/silver glyphs)
    3. Bloodletting stun proc doesnt work when gravel blade is equipped with a blue rune. The description also incorrectly states the effects of spirit bore. Until this is fixed this rune is 100% useless
    4. Gravel Blade has 5% less proc chance than its un-upgraded version. This can be good or bad depending on your build.
    5. Upgraded Gemini Slash has an additional slow effect, which is 33% chance on vanilla skill version and most glyphs, and 100% chance when green glyphed. This slow effect is not produced when Gemini is being used to proc spirit bore. This sucks since spirit bore debuff once procced already lasts 3 minutes so it's a lot of useless waste.
    6. In relation to the issue in 5. - this can make green glyphed Gravel Blade (100% chance to proc spirit bore, lengthened duration of proc) undesirable as you will be lessening the chance of slow of Gemini Slash.

Those are only the issues I know of so far as I don't yet have windblade and probably wont be upgrading to glowingblade.
    ​​