Any Interest in a no-holds barred, PVP server? + Which events do you like? + Custom pet or mount?

Options

Comments

• ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    How about make all the servers pvp but your not forced into pvp mode until 101+?
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    orinj wrote: »
    In-game Events
    Which in-game events are y'alls favorites? I'm not familiar with any of them, so I wanted to just and see what y'all like before I have the Devs queue them up. Why would I serve you split-pea soup, if you want tomato bisque, right?
    It would be really helpful if you let me know which events you like and why so I can better cater to y'alls tastes.
    My favorite events so far:
    ~ Spring Festival Event
    It was hilarious being turned into an animal. The quest gave lovely exp too. I had so much fun! :smiley:
    Is it ok to link to an arc page? (let me know if it's a bad thing, and I'll edit). It's this one: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9306533-pwi:-update-sneak-peek-–-spring-festival-event
    I'm not referring to the bosses, I'm mostly referring to the lamb of Blessing and the player transformation quest. It was hilarious! XD

~ April Fools’ Day Event
    Another very entertaining event that I had found so fun to participate in! ^_^
    I think it started with Auntie Guu NPC at Dreaming Stronghold.

~ Mayhem in Morai
    I enjoy this event very much too. We also have a status were we won't lose items (and exp?) I think, so even if people want to duel, that should be ok? I don't duel much, so I wouldn't know, I haven't tested it, but to see this status, puts my mind at ease. Either way I find it a very fun event.
  • noctusvenator
    noctusvenator Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How about make all the servers pvp but your not forced into pvp mode until 101+?

I like this idea a LOT. It gets rid of the silly idea that people seem to have that we only want a pvp server to 'hunt lowbies' (what a boring thing to do.)

I would like to expand upon this idea however and say that we make ALL servers PVP. After level 30 you can choose between pvp/pve mode untill you hit SECOND reawaken level 100 where you are locked into pvp mode forever :)
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    On Dawnglory at least 50% of the people that matter are white always. Why dont you start with this and have some of your fun with the people which are already white before you try to force the whole server ( who doesnt want this) into pvp mode? Or are you scared that those people are not just undergeared alts and might fight actualy back?
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Out of due respect, why is it that plans for PVP server is only consider now when such decision should of been made back before servers were merged even then none of the player base had say in that matter much-less
    +100000000000
    No one asked any opinion about server combinations when the merge was about to happen.
    No one asked us if we want to keep pvp/pve servers at all.
    No one provided any reasons why servers were merged this way and not another. The only reason was made by players and that was: "to balance xNW, so that all servers could have approximately equal number". How did it end? It still was horribly unbalanced. Okay, we managed to fit in somehow and to have fun, but now they took away xNW too tiger-20.gif
    This means whole merge was pointless and removing pvp servers from game completely reasonless.

What especially amazing is:
    Would you guys be interested in a no-holds barred, PVP server? Sounds crazy, right? And what do I mean by no-holds barred: no GM presence, no GM help, just player vs. player, in an "unregulated" server
    Does it really sound crazy to you? We had it for 7 years, untill merge that happened less than a year ago normal-20.gif And yes, it sounds like home.
    So now you wanna force others to play your way instead?
    It wasn't our way O__o It was a way provided by PWI, and we chose it, and then it was taken away. You sound like we should be happy with whatever devs/GMs are cooking for us, but why? Are you a person without any preferences? Do you obidiently like or dislike what you are told to like or dislike? Sorry, it doesn't work like that. I can't cast a spell and magically love another way of playing the game pig-47.gif
    I would understand if there was a solid valid reason to remove pvp servers and it proved to be good, but as we see it proved nothing and now it's simply nonexistent.

UPD. Forgot to add what event I like. I liked cross server Nation Wars pig-43.gif Despair and hopelessness, right? pig-2.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Maybe you should read the post i was replying to.

Your PvP server forces pk onto everyone instead of allowing free choice to each and every player. Your PvP servers were merged into the PvE servers because your PvP servers were "dying." If you want pk so badly then stay white-named or go to a private server instead of forcing your preferences onto others by asking all servers to become PvP.

As it is now, people can choose. And you want to remove the players ability to choose for themselves because of your own wish to harass anyone you see or don't like.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »

"I have more fun with PvP in a PvP server" and "PvP server players have more fun with the game" are 2 different statements.

If they turn the servers to PvP most people will quit like "your" ppl quit when they got changed to PvE. So, you've seen what happens when you get changed from the environment you know to one you don't want first hand, however you want to do that to everyone else.

The PvPers left when they got turned into PvE, now, let's turn all servers to PvP so that all the PvErs leave and then the game dies because both PvPers and PvErs left, genius.

I agree they should have just merged the 2 PvP servers and be done with it, it was the most stupid move in PWE's history not only to merge the PvP servers into PvE but also about Harshlands+Morai. However, it's done and there's no going back.

I honestly don't understand why PvPers have such a problem with PvE servers (apart from glitches like RW for example). Or better yet, I do understand... I understand your problem is that you can't kill lowbies and undergeared people. You can't rpk someone just because they disagree with your opinion. You can't halt someone's progress because you just don't like them.
    That's your problem, not that there isn't pvp, but that you can't kill people just because you want to. If you want PvP, there's always some at west or silver pool, oh, but wait, there you'd have to pvp against other people who also want to PvP and have the gear to do so, and ofc, you're not interested in that because you can't harass​​ them right?

"OMG, you talked trash about me!!!!!! Let me kill your pixels over and over >:O I'm such a big bad boy ain't I?"

+ 10000
    This is exactly what I think.

I understand the PVPrs rage about being put on a PVE server but that gives them no right to force other people to play the way they want.

The problem is not only about low levels being pked by players 100+, is more about a gear issue.
    Just yesterday I saw 2 white name players dead on that area where you do the new monkey king quest, those players were not from tw faction and no r9, just some average g16 bad refined players.

Believe it or not there are people max geared that enjoy killing undergeared players, that primal caravan quest is an example, and no, they don't kill them on the AOE by accident, sometimes they are just camping the caravan and some low geared person enters the map to do the other quest, and the pker just tab them and 1-shot just for the lulz. I even saw some troll pking people at that quest ''This war O'mine''

Of course not all people rage about it on world chat and not all can be killed since most are blue named, so is not really a know issue but it happens more often than what you may think.

In my opinion PWE should never had merged pvp server into a pve one. What they should really do is make another server and give the chance to all the players from those old pvp servers to go there (server transfer).

@orinj
    An idea that has always been on my head about a PVP event, but that probably will never see the light due the amount of code/time needed to do is:

A big or mid size map, something like momaganon, morai or primal maybe but totally pvp oriented.

- This hypothetical place could be open all day (just like those maps) so you can enter whenever you want or can.

- All the people that enter on this map is automatically on pvp mode (something like nw or tw).

- There could be a couple of small towns inside the map that are no PK (safe zones), those areas would be the spawn points and have some npcs like banker, mailbox, apothecary, etc..

- This map could have bosses inside which are extremely powerful and can be linked to some sort of pvp event (ideas welcome :D ).

- There could be some sort of PK ranking related to that place.

- The map could have diferent areas oriented to diferent kind of PKrs, maybe one area is some sort kill safe (no drops like nw), while other areas could be more dangerous but with rewards based on the number of kills or something.

- There could even be some sort of realms(something like primal history mode). Those realms could be based on the level of the players, their gear or whatever.

- There could be some kind of alliance this of course totally unrelated to factions, something more like the morai order.

Of course this is just an idea that I had since long time ago, and as I said before I see it almost impossible to become real on this game, but maybe you or someone else can at least get something useful from it. :)

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    npc15 wrote: »
    Unrelated to this thread -

For those of you who asked for the Thursday Tourny to be fixed and TW reset -
    I spoke with the Devs last night and confirmed that both can/will be addressed soon.
    Do keep in mind that I normally have one of my Product Managers field these calls so I may have missed something context going in and also some details coming out.

Thursday Tournament
    The Thursday Tourny that they commented on is a new game feature that hasn't been fully implemented. As soon as our QA can do a functionality pass, we will release it. Should be in the next two weeks at latest. One day optimum, one week most likely.

TW Reset
    They informed me that the last reset was in March and that we're do for another one. I'll ask my Community Team to work on logistics, communications, and rewards. We'll notify you all before we make any changes. This too should happen in the next two weeks at latest.

Thanks. -Orinj

Derailing thread mod gogogo block him tiger-37.gif
    On a serious note though, the cross server area sounds like fun and a good idea. As someone who can't make cross server TW it would be nice to get a chance to test myself against people from other servers especially now that cross server NW doesn't exist anymore​​

tiger-37.gif You wouldn't see me around as much as a mod anymore if I did that HAHA! I was verrrryyy tempted to put an edit on the bottom of that post but I'll refrain.

I've been slowly updating the summary post I did on page 4 of this thread. I might repost it with a batch update as this thread gets more posts on it. Thanks for the updates Orinj!
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Careful of those ugly p words @inzain93 youre gonna get bombarded with haddock bats from the hands of the mods :#
  • inzain93
    Options
    @eirghan

It could've been worse... but point taken. :smirk:
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    inzain93 wrote: »
    Your PvP server
    It's not mine, I didn't own it. Same as PvE servers are not "yours". They are PWE property ;)
    PvP servers were merged into the PvE servers because your PvP servers were "dying."
    Were more alive than now.
    If you want pk so badly then stay white-named
    I do.
    or go to a private server instead
    And this is even illegit advice xD Not mentioning the ridiculousness of the idea.
    As it is now, people can choose.
    We all know it's not the same.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Hehe, can always be worse xD @inzain93 i like most other p words tho! Pizza, for example, is an excellent one.
  • inzain93
    edited June 2016
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    Your PvP server
    It's not mine, I didn't own it. Same as PvE servers are not "yours". They are PWE property ;)

Your wish to play PvP server, not everyone elses.
    PvP servers were merged into the PvE servers because your PvP servers were "dying."

Not according to Perfect World Entertainment. Or did they merge servers and bring the burden of pvpQQ onto the PvE servers for the fun of it?
    I do.

Then there's no problem. You do yours and we'll do ours.
    And this is even illegit advice xD Not mentioning the ridiculousness of the idea.

Perfect World Entertainment is practically offering to make you one right now. I wouldn't call it entirely illegit.
    We all know it's not the same.​​

k
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    Your PvP server
    Your wish to play PvP server, not everyone elses.
    But roughly 35-45% the population does, which is more than enough for a server. Harshlands & Lost City Players do and did before being forced into a PvE server against their will and having much of their populations quit as a result
    Not according to Perfect World Entertainment. Or did they merge servers and bring the burden of pvpQQ onto the PvE servers for the fun of it?
    No actually they did it for cross-server TW :D Nice try though mate.
    I do.
    Then there's no problem. You do yours and we'll do ours.
    Actually there is a ton of problems, I've listed them about 5 times but you keep spamming and pretending they don't exist trying to bury them. A ton of the game's content is BROKEN as result of PvE servers.
    Perfect World Entertainment is practically offering to make you one right now. I wouldn't call it entirely illegit.
    Hey yeah you're totally right, an official PWE server is exactly the same as a private illegal server, /sarcasm.
    We all know it's not the same.:dizzy:
    k
    Glad we agree :D
    ​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    I think I let the "p" word slide already once or twice on this thread unwittingly. (Its not like PWE isn't aware of the "p" and I'm very glad no ones gone and listed their preferred flavors.) If I make a move to serve the "p" a different way, I'd have to correct all instances of it being said for consistency. Well this is your heads up if your post suddenly got edited with something like [Pizza], you'll know why. Going forward, try not to mention the "p" too much, especially not varieties.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • inzain93
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @arspaulina
    I think I let the "p" word slide already once or twice on this thread unwittingly. (Its not like PWE isn't aware of the "p" and I'm very glad no ones gone and listed their preferred flavors.) If I make a move to serve the "p" a different way, I'd have to correct all instances of it being said for consistency. Well this is your heads up if your post suddenly got edited with something like [Pizza], you'll know why. Going forward, try not to mention the "p" too much, especially not varieties.

Will not happen again ms. paulina. Promise!

Either way, i've voiced my concerns on this topic. The players do not decide anything (or Lost City and Harshlands would've been merged to begin with and this issue would never have existed.) :lol:
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    If all the people who came from the pvp servers staying white and also a few from the pwe servers, you all can kill each other all day long. What exactly is your problem? NOTHING changed for you. Why you QQ that the people who dont want pvp are blue?
    Instead of QQ'ing permanetly in the forums go out and have your pvp.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    If all the people who came from the pvp servers staying white and also a few from the pwe servers, you all can kill each other all day long. What exactly is your problem? NOTHING changed for you. Why you QQ that the people who dont want pvp are blue?

This Changed for Us:
    daymond wrote: »
    Alternatively, here is a list of the grievances expressed and/or symptoms of the PvE Server. These are the problems which the PvP Server Player Base would like a remedy to:

On a PvE Server:

- Weekly Resource Wars event does not function correctly
    ***** You can not defend your guild's carts
    ***** You can not defend your guild's base
    ***** Throw away alt factions can take advantage and profit off of this

- Cross-Server TW Glitches, where "Blue Name" Players can still be killed but can not attack opponents

- Only 2 Classes matter in any boss battle in which players compete
    ***** Open Map World Bosses
    ***** Primal Card Boss
    ***** Any main map boss
    ***** City of Abombinations Weekly Instance
    ***** Public Quests 1, 2, & 3
    ***** Duskblade + Assassin are top 2 DD classes, MOB ownership is determined by DD. Other classes only amp

- Open World Weekly Events (Such as Tigers on Monday) are strictly dominated by the ranged/teleport classes
    ***** Tiger Event, all mobs are 1 shot and thus advantage to ranged class + infinite teleport class
    ***** Dragon Temple, extreme reduced speed thus advantage to ranged class + infinite teleport class

- You can not prevent another player from KS'ing you
    ***** If another class/player has a combination of greater range/DPS than you, they can steal your mobs all day

- You can not stop bots from botting
    ***** If an area is plagued with bots/programs farming resourced and hurting economy you can not stop them

- Class Specific Venomancer Daily is broken
    ***** Requires you to flag/use a work around glitch to participate if blue name

- Caravan Primal Daily is broken
    ***** Requires you to flag white to participate if blue name

- Foe System from Recent Expansion is broken
    ***** You can't seek out opponents to fight in VIP system if they are blue name

- Faction Status Colors from Recent Update is broken
    ***** Faction Status Colors make you unable to see who is flagged white and who is not
    ***** They are intended for a world where everyone is always flagged white

- Future Content will continue to be plagued with bugs and/or be broken

^ All of the above, are directly as result of being on a PvE server
    ​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    Options
    perrion wrote: »
    The idea of a new PVP server seems doomed to fail. What should be done is to make PVP more accessible and more rewarding on the PVE servers that we do have.

Get rid of PK drops and lower the timer on returning to blue name. Now you can make PK mode a requirement for events like RW and Primal Boss, etc... and the PVE crowd can switch on without having to worry.

The idea of making a PVP area available 24/7 on the cross server sounds like a winner.

XTW needs to be totally reworked, it's utter trash as it is now. There needs to be a much better way of getting two comparable factions to be matched up. Ditch the whole territory **** and just set up some sort of ranking system. Factions can only challenge or be challenged by similarly ranked factions.

XNW- I've found the current NW to be more enjoyable than XNW, and despite a vocal minority crying otherwise, I believe the majority of the population does as well. Still I see little reason why we can't cater to both sides and have one day be regular NW and the other be XNW as had been suggested by many.

I like this
  • pocko009
    pocko009 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »

This Changed for Us:
    Alternatively, here is a list of the grievances expressed and/or symptoms of the PvE Server. These are the problems which the PvP Server Player Base would like a remedy to:

On a PvE Server:

- Weekly Resource Wars event does not function correctly
    ***** You can not defend your guild's carts
    ***** You can not defend your guild's base
    ***** Throw away alt factions can take advantage and profit off of this

- Cross-Server TW Glitches, where "Blue Name" Players can still be killed but can not attack opponents

- Only 2 Classes matter in any boss battle in which players compete
    ***** Open Map World Bosses
    ***** Primal Card Boss
    ***** Any main map boss
    ***** City of Abombinations Weekly Instance
    ***** Public Quests 1, 2, & 3
    ***** Duskblade + Assassin are top 2 DD classes, MOB ownership is determined by DD. Other classes only amp

- Open World Weekly Events (Such as Tigers on Monday) are strictly dominated by the ranged/teleport classes
    ***** Tiger Event, all mobs are 1 shot and thus advantage to ranged class + infinite teleport class
    ***** Dragon Temple, extreme reduced speed thus advantage to ranged class + infinite teleport class

- You can not prevent another player from KS'ing you
    ***** If another class/player has a combination of greater range/DPS than you, they can steal your mobs all day

- You can not stop bots from botting
    ***** If an area is plagued with bots/programs farming resourced and hurting economy you can not stop them

- Class Specific Venomancer Daily is broken
    ***** Requires you to flag/use a work around glitch to participate if blue name

- Caravan Primal Daily is broken
    ***** Requires you to flag white to participate if blue name

- Foe System from Recent Expansion is broken
    ***** You can't seek out opponents to fight in VIP system if they are blue name

- Faction Status Colors from Recent Update is broken
    ***** Faction Status Colors make you unable to see who is flagged white and who is not
    ***** They are intended for a world where everyone is always flagged white

- Future Content will continue to be plagued with bugs and/or be broken

^ All of the above, are directly as result of being on a PvE server
    ​​

- It has already been said that yes RW is broken due to pve and should be re-done to either force participating factions into pk or mobs only able to be killed by those that are
    **** yes sucks that some can make alt factions to abuse this but also allows lower tiered factions the ability to maybe profit to

- Easy fix you can choose to go into pk mode for that time and still not be forced into pvp all the time (doesnt seem like a problem)

-2 classes will still matter for world bosses just get your guild to focus and try to out DD the other person if you really want the boss
    **** world/card bosses again can see them making it to where only white names can attack not that big of deal
    **** CoA and public quest there is no reason to force pvp mode unless you want to go around just 1 shotting every lower geared person so they cant participate

- Weekly events will just go from ranged/teleport classes to the top cash shop/geared +ranged/teleport classes
    *** tiger event you only compete against your own class for the final prize so this isn't a valid argument for it being dominated by any class

- you cant prevent another player from KSing you..... this is easily avoidable for most things unless you're hard headed and keep trying to fight in the same spot over and over
    **** pvp server you can flip this to you cant stop someone killing you over and over all day if you are undergeared.... but you dont seemt to care at all about any of that type of abuse

- bots hurt the economy even on pvp server dont lie and say it never has
    *** i dont know how it is on your server but here since they have taken DQ away Bots havent been plaguing anywhere really so this point is just...meh

-Veno Daily. as you said you can go white name or use work around not that hard and if you dont want to you still get i think 14 things from it just for starting the quest and standing there....takes longer yes but not missing out on anything

-Caravan Primal Daily. if you choose to do it you can go white name again not that hard

- Foe System.... Use it against other whtie named ppl that actually pvp your just made you cant kill anyone at anytime

-Faction Status Colors. again this happens but dont see how it is that bad

Future Content will be plagued with bugs and broken even in pvp server status just in PvE it wont be OP geared ppl that can dominate everything

PvE Server has directly resulted in ppl being able to play how they want without being forced to be killed by everyone that sees them

there is nothing stopping you from doing pvp its just that pvp fans just want to go back to where they can kill anyone at anytime instead of having to actually battle with other ppl who want/can fight back.

• swiftfall
    swiftfall Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Since Harshlands was merged into Dawnglory i have been a white name. I can count on one hand how many times i've been attacked while out questing. When it was HL tbh it wasn't much different but u don't have the spontaneious pk battles that was the most fun. Yes it sucked sometimes but not having too worry about even remotely dying on the map sucks too. I have lost the interest to play cause whats the point when u don't have a chance of dying.

Show me on the main map anywhere where it is remotely dangerous pve wise. Pk adds an element of danger that's more true to the game. I'm sorry your suppose to die at some point in game. The PVE isn't remotely hard when you can auto attack and solo most instances.

Personally you would almost never see me in an organized pk battle in west or silverpool. But i truly miss the random pk battles at gbq areas and some questing areas. Yeah u die, life sucks some people also die in pve so get over it. Yes it does suck to drop something, cause i know because i have. But u get over it.

Most everything gear wise that's new comes bound and the other stuff either bind it or carry dolls or have sl on. Dolls are cheap as hell anyways, they are no different than pots imo. Do you ever go and stuff without your pots or repairs?

If the biggest events in game are all pvp based so why can we not have our pvp. I don't think everyone should be forced into pk mode though there should be a choice.

I for one wouldn't be in favor of a PK server since i wouldn't bother rerolling cause there's truly no point. Bring back XNW and fix Xtw so that the battles are worthwhile. Make some open world event like the assualt on archosaur pk enabled with no gear drops or red hours.

It's getting boring to the point its not even worth it to log in anymore. The fun factor for me has disappeared. If it wasn't for tw, xtw i would have probably quit ages ago. The **** up times for events on DG for me means there's hardly an event i can attend since they are all during work hours.

Thanks for reading my wall

Hoorayforboobs
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi, gang. If we haven't met, my name's Orinj and I'm the head of the US Studio that runs PWI.
    I've already introduced myself in a couple of other threads, but I figure it'd be worth mentioning one last time, in case we haven't had the pleasure to meet up to this point. In any case, it's nice to meet y'all. :)

I have a couple of questions for you today.

PVP Server
    Would you guys be interested in a no-holds barred, PVP server? Sounds crazy, right? And what do I mean by no-holds barred: no GM presence, no GM help, just player vs. player, in an "unregulated" server (hacks and cheats will still net you an insta-ban ^_^).
    We'd give everyone on that server an Illusionary Crystal after they get to X-level (this to dissuade people from making throwaway characters), a PVP care package, and possibly some other items to allow people to hit the ground running.
    The purpose of this server would be the same as a Japanese Red Room. In Japan, some businesses have Red Rooms where people go in to yell, air grievances, settle quarrels with raised voices, vent, scream, etc. - BUT - when they exit the Red Room, they gotta leave all of that behind. Yup, you can't take it with you. Leave all your anger, pains, and stressors in the PVP server.
    It might also give you an opportunity to live out an alternate life. Maybe you'll have a whole new identity, new friends, new allegiances, I dunno, lol.
    I'd love to get your thoughts on this!
    Would love to know your thoughts, any concerns related to this, feasibility, logistics, etc. Thanks in advance.

In-game Events
    Which in-game events are y'alls favorites? I'm not familiar with any of them, so I wanted to just and see what y'all like before I have the Devs queue them up. Why would I serve you split-pea soup, if you want tomato bisque, right?
    It would be really helpful if you let me know which events you like and why so I can better cater to y'alls tastes.

What would you prefer: a custom mount or pet?
    If we had the opportunity as a game to create our own pet or mount, which would you choose?
    We'd get to choose the type - pet or mount - and what it would look like, down to every bit of detail. It would be completely new, built from scratch. I'm not asking for specific details or designs - not yet at least - just which you'd prefer, pet or mount.
    I'm heading to China in September and am hoping to get this initiative underway.
    Sounds like fun, no?

Looking forward to hearing your responses. :)

Cheers,

Orinj
    Hi Orinj,
    I've seen a lot of thread about making PVP server happen I'm all for it. However I feel that after 6-8 months server activity may die down. May I suggest certain rewards for the pkers to keep it alive? Would it be possible to transfer our own characters back and forth to PVP server? Also would this PVP server be able to participate in SVS TW? As for events as you mention we had one a few years ago Sweet Rememberance event.. It was really fun way to earn coins also brought back old players!* Personally I would prefer a rainbow chibi unicorn, or a customization unicorn us players can dye. I hope you have a fun trip in China I know its going to be a long flight.

*Note: Just speaking for myself here for what I have seen.
    The only GOP
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    I was briefly on a pvp server in WOW. I was out in the middle of nowhere doing a quest at level 30 or so when a level 70 had fun killing me over and over and over. This is what happens on an all pvp server. Trust me there are just a ton of ppl who just love to do that after all it isnt against the rules. I personally did not find it fun. Nor did I find it fun in this game when I change to PVP mode to escort the resource wagon in Primal and get killed doing my daily quests. Example: Heroic Warsong digging up a dead soldier. shot, soldier stolen, came back and voila happened again. Remember what it was like when the secret passage was a pvp area? Just ask someone who tried over and over to do their culti and couldnt due to a room of others killing every little toon who came inside.
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    Options
    How about making nw xserver again, and putting it, along with xserver TW at times that suit players from North America (5pm PDT), rather than catering all cross server events to European players. Why is it that a game that only had North American servers for years, until one european server popped up, puts the xserver events at times that suit the minority server? Europe server has had the time time zone advantage for long enough on PWI, time to give it back to the American players for a while. Nothing is more frustrating than getting all these new xserver events that you can never even attend.

And make in server TW 3hrs again, 100mins may work in Chinese version, but in PWI it's too easy to turtle an attack for 100mins. This has led to factions not even bothering to bid on each other if they know it'll be somewhat even a close fight.
  • vertgod
    vertgod Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    Hi, gang. If we haven't met, my name's Orinj and I'm the head of the US Studio that runs PWI.
    I've already introduced myself in a couple of other threads, but I figure it'd be worth mentioning one last time, in case we haven't had the pleasure to meet up to this point. In any case, it's nice to meet y'all. :)

I have a couple of questions for you today.

PVP Server
    Would you guys be interested in a no-holds barred, PVP server? Sounds crazy, right? And what do I mean by no-holds barred: no GM presence, no GM help, just player vs. player, in an "unregulated" server (hacks and cheats will still net you an insta-ban ^_^).
    We'd give everyone on that server an Illusionary Crystal after they get to X-level (this to dissuade people from making throwaway characters), a PVP care package, and possibly some other items to allow people to hit the ground running.
    The purpose of this server would be the same as a Japanese Red Room. In Japan, some businesses have Red Rooms where people go in to yell, air grievances, settle quarrels with raised voices, vent, scream, etc. - BUT - when they exit the Red Room, they gotta leave all of that behind. Yup, you can't take it with you. Leave all your anger, pains, and stressors in the PVP server.
    It might also give you an opportunity to live out an alternate life. Maybe you'll have a whole new identity, new friends, new allegiances, I dunno, lol.
    I'd love to get your thoughts on this!
    Would love to know your thoughts, any concerns related to this, feasibility, logistics, etc. Thanks in advance.

In-game Events

What would you prefer: a custom mount or pet?
    If we had the opportunity as a game to create our own pet or mount, which would you choose?
    We'd get to choose the type - pet or mount - and what it would look like, down to every bit of detail. It would be completely new, built from scratch. I'm not asking for specific details or designs - not yet at least - just which you'd prefer, pet or mount.
    I'm heading to China in September and am hoping to get this initiative underway.
    Sounds like fun, no?

Looking forward to hearing your responses. :)

Cheers,

Orinj

PVP Server-

I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon with this one and say that it's not the best idea. Atleast not in the way it was presented. The concept of a Red Room is really interesting but doesn't take into consideration the fact that this is the internet and people are going to air their grievances in world chat regardless.
    The idea of the cross server being accessible at all times with an area for PvP is a good idea. Though I am more for a PvP area within our own servers. Like for example creating a PvP channel. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about when Secret Passage was glitched. When that happened you could attack players regardless of whether they were PK enabled or not. I think creating a channel with similar mechanics to that glitch would also work out well.

*as a side note* I'd also like a marketplace channel you could switch too that was the only place you could set a catshop. Or possibly converting RoR (since it's being phased out or whatever is going on with it) into a marketplace. Also as an aside to this, designated areas per catshop. Where only one catshop can be set per every 3x3m (or whatever applicable size) square. The current cluster fluck of catshops all over archosaur is and always was obnoxious. Alternatively just making commission shop permanent and getting rid of catshops all together would be the best solution. Adding an NPC to exchange vendor licences for commission shop tickets would also be nice if they're made permanent.

In-game Events -

You weren't specific about whether you were talking about weekly events or special events. If you're talking about weekly events that are listed in the calendar then they all need a serious overhaul. Most of them are seriously outdated with PvE objectives that are obliterated by current player standards. Rewards also need updating since they haven't had one since their inception and the game along with it's players have far surpassed them.
    As far as special events go, most if not all of them that I can remember, were glitched or broken and served us with nothing but frustration so I am just gonna leave that one alone unless you can say without a doubt that they'll work as intended.

Custom Mount or Pet? -

Mount. Though honestly instead of working on this I'd really prefer we got that updated game engine we were promised years ago. Or something was done about server errors. Or things that are broken/glitched got fixed or removed.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • outgrabe
    outgrabe Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why PvPers have such a problem with PvE servers (apart from glitches like RW for example). Or better yet, I do understand... I understand your problem is that you can't kill lowbies and undergeared people. You can't rpk someone just because they disagree with your opinion. You can't halt someone's progress because you just don't like them.
    That's your problem, not that there isn't pvp, but that you can't kill people just because you want to. If you want PvP, there's always some at west or silver pool, oh, but wait, there you'd have to pvp against other people who also want to PvP and have the gear to do so, and ofc, you're not interested in that because you can't harass​​ them right?

"OMG, you talked trash about me!!!!!! Let me kill your pixels over and over >:O I'm such a big bad boy ain't I?"

This sums it up perfectly imo!

If making a pvp server you simply HAVE to offer a one way server transfer, as stated no one would want to start over. It's not just gear, it's sky levels, nuema's, spirit, cards etc ...
    Since many EU people started playing before the EU server came out a one way server transfer would also help them get to a server with a time zone that enabled them to attend events (I think this is much needed).

PVP'ers may say it's not about killing lowbies, but it happens. I thought it would be fun to try a pvp server and started to play Harshlands. I hit 30 and turned white, and got repeatedly killed trying to leave the safe zone to do a quest (5 times by the same person). I returned to Archosaur and tried leaving town to do another quest, and again was repeatedly killed. I was wearing lowbie trash gear and it was completely obvious I was a little newbie. At this point I thought sod this, if I can't leave town I can't level so I logged off permanently. I created a char on Dreamweaver and it was great there, I have never switched PK mode on since!

Maybe this helps explain why the population of PVP servers was low!
    PVP has to be optional
  • kiymori
    kiymori Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    outgrabe wrote: »

If making a pvp server you simply HAVE to offer a one way server transfer, as stated no one would want to start over. It's not just gear, it's sky levels, nuema's, spirit, cards etc ...
    Since many EU people started playing before the EU server came out a one way server transfer would also help them get to a server with a time zone that enabled them to attend events (I think this is much needed).

PVP'ers may say it's not about killing lowbies, but it happens. I thought it would be fun to try a pvp server and started to play Harshlands. I hit 30 and turned white, and got repeatedly killed trying to leave the safe zone to do a quest (5 times by the same person). I returned to Archosaur and tried leaving town to do another quest, and again was repeatedly killed. I was wearing lowbie trash gear and it was completely obvious I was a little newbie. At this point I thought sod this, if I can't leave town I can't level so I logged off permanently. I created a char on Dreamweaver and it was great there, I have never switched PK mode on since!

PVP has to be optional

Yes because PK killed PvP servers, it had nothing to do with the players boredom, PW's crappy decisions...You know the two big reasons we lost a lot of players? Let's be serious here I am sure a VERY SMALL percentage of players actually quit the game due to being 'harrassed' or being "PKed too much'.

PvP doesn't need be optional, with how ridiculously dead this game is currently you would just have to avoid the PvP hotspots and you would be fine most of the time. But of course for some reason people think that the moment they step outside SZ anywhere there will be someone reason to kill them around every corner.
  • outgrabe
    outgrabe Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    superfedee wrote: »
    outgrabe wrote: »
    That's your problem, not that there isn't pvp, but that you can't kill people just because you want to. If you want PvP, there's always some at west or silver pool, oh, but wait, there you'd have to pvp against other people who also want to PvP and have the gear to do so, and ofc, you're not interested in that because you can't harass them right?

PVP has to be optional

i call bullshyt tiger-1.gif​​

You are wrong, this is 100% true

I find it funny how pve players are happy to accept that pvp players should have somewhere to pvp ... but most pvp players only wish to force pvp on everyone,
This discussion has been closed.