Casters+eliminate, LifeHunter, and cursed jail advice

Options
elvenkilleres
elvenkilleres Posts: 16 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
I would like advice :) how as a caster do I survive these OP sin skills? OK so I'm just running around feeling tanky right? Against all other classes I'm fine. Then sins pop out of stealth with eliminate boom, bam, bam, pow, **** and it pretty much kills me if I don't expel in time.

I would think 25k p.def+43 def lvl +physical defense charms would be enough, but it's not. What am I lacking? Like no other sin skill kills me, but these 3 skills. How much more defense do I need to survive those skills?
Stats- 43def lvl,25kp.def, 11k hp(these are buffed stats)
Eliminate more than anything dominates me so unfair >: it's very annoying that they made it so charms would tick on the weak hits and not the final hit.

Advice please
Post edited by elvenkilleres on

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Elimination does 2 low hits first and 2 hard hits after that. Shortly put it renders def charm useless. Its broken and idiot proof skill and viable counters to it dont exist. Most times those stupid hits from sins are from players whom do significantly outgear you but even with equal gears the dmg on that skill is ridiculous.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Get purified on the first hit from your weapon, run so far away they can't do a thing. If your standing there trying to tank then you are as good as dead. I play barb and the hardest cleric to kill on my server is dead to me 1v1 when they stand still even when they quite out-gear me. Move your ***!
  • elvenkilleres
    edited November 2014
    Options
    pachwenko wrote: »
    Get purified on the first hit from your weapon, run so far away they can't do a thing. If your standing there trying to tank then you are as good as dead. I play barb and the hardest cleric to kill on my server is dead to me 1v1 when they stand still even when they quite out-gear me. Move your ***!

I don't try to tank it trust me lol. It kills me to fast and puri is not reliable enough to bank on >: and it's rlly the only reason I went full garnet QQ just t survive 1 skill
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    All i heard was QQ i was running around acting godly and suddenly i die, gods cant be killed so why is this happening QQ. No one is invincible. Assassins are meant to kill. Just try to keep that in mind. b:laugh
  • Kyuukyokutai - Lost City
    Kyuukyokutai - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    All i heard was QQ i was running around acting godly and suddenly i die, gods cant be killed so why is this happening QQ. No one is invincible. Assassins are meant to kill. Just try to keep that in mind. b:laugh

Indeed, assassins are meant to kill, hence their name. However, they were not meant to be as resistant as they are nowadays (sage tidal is silly, and, among with the rest of the other survival buffs, put sins' survival even higher on the list). That's why they're annoying: stupid damage and quite resistant.
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    it is easy to kill a sin 1v1 as an aa:
    as cleric you just have to kite, avoid cc, always have plumeshell up OR purify expel OR 79 skills OR defensive apoth like ig or dew - you have to do that for just about 3 minutes, then your window of opportunity is open; provided you kept attacking and forced the sin to use all their buffs, apoths, and genie energy! now comes the even easier part, kill the sin while this window is open! you have THREE seconds to cc, debuff, and drop the sins hp to zero from 20k or 30k initial hp. (all provided you dont get cc, killed, or the sin goes invis, kites, or ports away). after 3 seconds the sins cd on skills / apoth / genie is gone and you only have to reapeat it!

see, no problem. b:laugh

hope your head didn't explode due to the sarcasm overload. b:chuckle

sins were supposed to be the 'poke hard and run' class, now they are the 'nuke the **** out of everything, be more tanky than 3 barbs, and immune to everything' class. upside: they are nothing compared to venos - at least in tw. b:shocked
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • elvenkilleres
    edited December 2014
    Options

Doodsy off forums with u! on a side note I have to say I hate multi hit skills to it kind of defeats the purpose of charms dont ya think? Every class, but sins will actually have to deal with charms. But another side note is that they are supposed to be the top 1v1 class and most people know that when they choose their class. Sins definitely hold that position as they tend to **** me D:(it's mostly that eliminate to shhhhh) I a squishy **** to everyone though :3

-NaugtyPumpkn
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would like advice :) how as a caster do I survive these OP sin skills?
    This (and lower) - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/43428 - must help a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sins do have an achilles heel: They only do phys dmg. Pit them against a BM or Barb of equal gear and their skills won't help them a whole lot. I agree that sins are broken in the CC evasion department and should never have gotten that free chi skill of theirs.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This (and lower) - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/43428 - must help a bit.

"Collect 41 to call the Dragon."

What is this, dragonball z on steroids?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What is this
    Meant this http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15049, same icon lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ppl never learn I guess.

Are xou really that shocked getting killed with low def stats like these? Heck even my g16 twinks do have more pdef then you. No wonder at all.

I'm kinda curious as to why that image of sins being the superb killers still exist. Most sins focus on the dmg department and ignore defensives at first. That wax they are able to eleminate mid-range geared players like you with ease but will most likely die easy.

I say it for the very last time. Get gears equal to their offensive stats. Ofc it is easier to gez only attacking power but if you wanna withstand a +12 weap sin with good cards then get good cards too and at least full +11 yourself with all nw ornaments there are. Expensive? Ofc. Thats the way its supposed to be.

Just wait for the fairies to arrive. Then you won't even mention sins as OP anymore :p

Besides, any str built barb/bm/seeker with deities (or even without) can 1-shot you with your current stats. Anyone who's ever faced a full deity Barb knows that their dmg is far far superior to those of sins.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • AssasinPower - Lost City
    AssasinPower - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    deity barb lol XD deity barb will die in seconds to a sin... dmg aint even funny if u dont have josd against a sin ^^
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would like advice :) how as a caster do I survive these OP sin skills? OK so I'm just running around feeling tanky right? Against all other classes I'm fine. Then sins pop out of stealth with eliminate boom, bam, bam, pow, **** and it pretty much kills me if I don't expel in time.

I would think 25k p.def+43 def lvl +physical defense charms would be enough, but it's not. What am I lacking? Like no other sin skill kills me, but these 3 skills. How much more defense do I need to survive those skills?
    Stats- 43def lvl,25kp.def, 11k hp(these are buffed stats)
    Eliminate more than anything dominates me so unfair >: it's very annoying that they made it so charms would tick on the weak hits and not the final hit.

Advice please

How is your pdef so high but your HP so low?

In any case, what class are you and what is your gear and cards like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    deity barb lol XD deity barb will die in seconds to a sin... dmg aint even funny if u dont have josd against a sin ^^

Ofc. Solid shield + 2 consecutive zerk crits from the barb and the sin is dead while the sin could go all-out with triple spark and so on. There is no killing a barb with solid shield on. And surely not with the pathetic dmg of sins.

I don't know where statements like yours come from. Ever faced a skilled deity barb in a 1on1? No ofc not. Else you would be more scared of barb then sins could ever scare anyone.

Deity barbs are by far the most broken thing in 1on1s in this game. Their DDing capability is far beyond sins on dps terms. Faster and more reliable skills + paralyze. Rocks more as a demon barb. Barbs don't need to have josd or vit stones. They simply have the highest survivability in this game even without them.

If you don't believe me. Try it.

Personally I'd go 8 josd/16 deity. But thats another debate.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    lawl i started to play my sin in nws,

it happened that i took over half a team of r9r3 people (archer + archer + cleric + cleric + veno) having half of their spirit value (my sin spirit value is 400), clerics went down basically onehit despite plume shield and full buffs, archers after the double leap = dead, veno tried to purge me in the process but sage tidal ;)

you know what you need?
    expel on the fastest hotkey you can press, then kite to africa... thats the only thing that will save you

playing a sin i didnt find any struggle in killing someone that even outgears me in mass pvp... in case you cant kill someone you still can control him pretty well with your CCs or you can kite him away with your mobility skills + stealths, it's so good!!!

only thing that can counter an assassin is heavy AA on him, therefore heavy AA the sin or expel+kite to africa

(fyi, i just aknowledged that half of main players\csers\factors of morai server is rerolling or rerolled assassin, it's just the best class you can't do much about it)

@Joe, yesterday i've killed some R*****m barbs on my sin in nws, nuff said :D
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    In mass PvP I agree. While being fully buffed with tidal and deaden on you could surely feel like an unstoppable killing machine as a sin. True.

But Barbs are still far superior in selfbuffed 1on1s simply because the whole advantage of sins goes down the drain then. Some value mass PvP more, others value 1on1s more.

Most people on our server (roughly 97%) are massively underskilled morons. Most wear full r9 +10-ish and think that they've entered godmode. Those days are long gone. Underestimating anything will get you killed. Naturally. Hope you slaughter them good (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    In mass PvP I agree. While being fully buffed with tidal and deaden on you could surely feel like an unstoppable killing machine as a sin. True.

But Barbs are still far superior in selfbuffed 1on1s simply because the whole advantage of sins goes down the drain then. Some value mass PvP more, others value 1on1s more.

Most people on our server (roughly 97%) are massively underskilled morons. Most wear full r9 +10-ish and think that they've entered godmode. Those days are long gone. Underestimating anything will get you killed. Naturally. Hope you slaughter them good (:

>Selfbuffed I have the advantage
    >Everyone nowadays is nearly fully buffed 24/7
    >BUT IT'S NOT PLAYING BY MY RULES OF NATURE
    >Therefor barbs are superior because self buffed barb > self buffed sin
    >Other buffs will never be used at any point

Well, alrighty then mister self buffed, what dreamworld of no-buffs are you living in?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    AD is pretty much enough for those sin skill's if you don't waste genie energy on holypath or something that is not needed, personally i made my AD skill on this key '' ~ '' so it would be close once need it, also espionage pot's help with seeing the stealthy.... and since it doesn't count as a pot for some reason so no cooldown on other other pots meaning can pop Fortification Draught once you see the annoying thing which you should have plenty of if doing PV every day.
    And once you see them if RRR9 then very high chance it's RRR9 but just weapon only, which i love the most on how they think that weapon only is enough to make them op and unkillable. Also if you have a mystic friend or mystic yourself have Resurrect on and once they kill you they are mostly not smart enough to...well go away or stealth.Close ranged aoe's on other people sometimes will get u a lucky kill if sin is near in stealth~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options

Well, alrighty then mister self buffed, what dreamworld of no-buffs are you living in?

IDC what others think about buffs. They simply don't realize some major things.

Not all classes have the possibility of purge -> unfair.
    Some classes are (w/o apo/genie) defensless against purge -> unfair.
    Some classes get higher advantages out of buffs then others, e.g. sins and psys -> unbalanced.

I dislike buffs cept your own simply because it's the closest thing to equality this game can offer. How could I care about people which do not even get those obbious points. There are 0 pros for playing buffed..ya cept for the narrowminded view of just being stronger urself and or getting an advantage.

I don't need an advantage to beat anyone in this game. I just do it. It's called skill. Why the hell should I or anyone else rely on something besides skill?

Here's a little example:

Barb vs sin fully buffed -> It will be extremely hard for the Barb to kill the sin like that. Simply because it's nearly impossible to keep them in place and you can't really purge them. This adds reat survivability to an already extremely high dmg output. Ofc the sin won't be able to kill the Barb being fully buffed and with caped pdef. But the sin can just purge the barb via bow and turn the favour of the fight drastically in his direction without any disadvantage at all.

On the other hand, while fighting selfbuffed -> Sin tries the same strategies, but now the barb pops a shadowbinder + activates solid shield and starts hitting on the sin. If the sin stands still then the sin will be dead in seconds cause now he only has the dmg output but no survivability.

Which one is more fair and equal? The latter ofc. Why? Because if the sin underestimates the dmg from the barb and does not use any defensive strategies and lets himself getting killed then he loses due to a lack of skill and not due to massive disadvantages. The barb from example 1 however could easily lose due to massive disadvantages where no skill in the world could get him the upperhand (luck could ofc).

Are max buffed sins OP? Yes. Max buffed they are compared to any other class. How about selfbuffs? There they are just a joke. Not because the class got a natural disadvantage there. Simply because people don't know how to play the class properly. If one claims to be skilled then one has to be skilled in all possible situations. Especially equal ones. A victory while having advantages is no victory at all. It's just a waste of time and an act of ego.

But oh well. With their basic 45% dmg reduction to melee skills, at least the fairies will show sins true OPness.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    how did this topic shiffted from Caster v Sin to Barb v everything?

oh wait , Joe got here again to teach us all over again how good barbs and ofc HE is.......

PS@ Hot R****** Barbs suck, everybody knows that.....b:victory
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »

oh wait , Joe got here again to teach us all over again how good barbs and ofc HE is.......

Sorry xD but I somehow feel the need to explain the most obvious and basic things to most people sinply because they won't waste a 2nd thought on stuff like that and I don't wanna let them die without knowledge.

I answered the main question already. If you wanna withstand +12 dmg then +12 your gears. That is all. A max dmg sin could be oneshot and would still rek most people simply because that sin would oneshot most others as well. A really simple logic.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I hear purge a lot in here so im going to say that purge skill should only be used on monsters.I meen come on there are 3 debuffs you cant use with seeker on human players but can only use on mobs..why?Is it to OP?
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I hear purge a lot in here so im going to say that purge skill should only be used on monsters.I meen come on there are 3 debuffs you cant use with seeker on human players but can only use on mobs..why?Is it to OP?

Sure, you can take away purge, right after you take away GoF and Puri.

Purge has been nerfed already with primal passives, NW wine, RW wine. Besides as a Seeker the def lvls buff you have costs no chi and has a very short cast time so even if it's purged nbd reapply and carry on.

Archers would be pointless without purge same as Seekers would without GoF.

Veno purge has a cd and a range limit and a fox form only skill so there's time to notice & react.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »

never said that, just stated that an undergeared sin on full buffs can take over on up-to-date r9r3 barbs
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    never said that, just stated that an undergeared sin on full buffs can take over on up-to-date r9r3 barbs

BTW xD what does that R******* thing mean uncensored? I can't figure it out.

Any class that's just full +10 should be np for a sin. Even Barbs. Especially those with limited to no experience in fighting sins.

But then again Hot...there are some r9rr Barbs on our server that don't even use Solid Shield...seriously. Don't get too excited about it xD ya sins are great in killing stuff and all...but our serverpopulation is not the top notch in terms of skill.

Sometimes I get the feeling that most of our people are addicted to cash for r9rr +10 and then love getting rekt by any other class with comparable, better or even lower gears :D

I just wish that people (ya OP in this thread too) would spent more thought on the game mechanics then on the gears. Then, I'm pretty sure, we would have alot less threads like this one.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    BTW xD what does that R******* thing mean uncensored? I can't figure it out.

Maybe try with a well known (on Morai) faction name. But this is offtopic anyway.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

To be fair he is talking about 1v1, which is why he is talking about self buff. Barbs aren't that notable in mass, but in 1v1 they can be very OP if played well.
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I really don't see why people think sins are OP clerics are OP etc etc, the best players on my server aren't the best geared. Actually the better gear you have the more likely you are to stand still trying to tank then get wrecked all of a sudden cause you aren't paying attention.

When you die you should know what you could have done better, or what you weren't able to do. I've been playing for so long haven't missed TW for about 2 years and most every NW I am there. Still learning how to fight some classes better, who to watch for etc. As you get better you will exhaust every defensive option or CC skill before you die and anyone who is fighting you will be like damn, who is this person? Sooner or later you are being complained about being OP
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    pachwenko wrote: »
    I really don't see why people think sins are OP clerics are OP etc etc, the best players on my server aren't the best geared. Actually the better gear you have the more likely you are to stand still trying to tank then get wrecked all of a sudden cause you aren't paying attention.

When you die you should know what you could have done better, or what you weren't able to do. I've been playing for so long haven't missed TW for about 2 years and most every NW I am there. Still learning how to fight some classes better, who to watch for etc. As you get better you will exhaust every defensive option or CC skill before you die and anyone who is fighting you will be like damn, who is this person? Sooner or later you are being complained about being OP

and now tell me which CC skill works with tidal, and which defensive option works with 3spark subsea elimination
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524