Barb vs Sin

Options

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    any good barb would camp tiger/panda form until the sins tidal runs out, then attack using status effect skills

any good sin will camp stealth\genie\apo when tidal is down and dont overlap tidal cd with dn cd

and eventually will dps the barb down as soon as invoke runs off
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    any good sin will camp stealth\genie\apo when tidal is down and dont overlap tidal cd with dn cd

Have you ever played a sin? W/o tidal, a barb can 100-0 a sin in a few secs, so much for not over lapping buffs.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    why this kind of topics always come back to QQ SIN TO OP QQ
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Two full endgame, NW gear etc. toons. Barb v. sin. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXGdlH6bU78
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Two full endgame, NW gear etc. toons. Barb v. sin. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXGdlH6bU78

gg easy rofl
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You guys are over complicating this. It depends entirely on whether the sin can deal enough damage to guarantee a kill on the barb every single combo as long as the barb doesn't use a defense skill. If the answer is yes, the sin will win when the barb reaches the very small period where he has no defense skills left. Otherwise, the barb can't lose, so the barb will eventually win.

Everything else is just details. But since we're assuming both players are equally skilled, we can safely ignore that. GG
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Camping stealth? Only an idiot would think they can successfully camp stealth on an equal level opponent(det pots)

Genie? Yeah sure. However you'll be draining yourself of energy when you go on offense and I doubt 5-10 seconds of defensive genie skills would be enough to get away with a 30 second period while tidal is off

Apoth? Okay great, now your apoth is on cooldown for the next time your tidal runs out.

I don't think you know what you're talking about, tbh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Good luck outdpsing cornered/pills/genie if you go stealth whenever tidal comes of CD. Also good luck dropping a geared barb at all while saving genie to cover tidal downtime

Just realize that the barb is 38 times more likely to randomly bypass you than you are of killing it, the the longer the fight drags one the faster that probability approaches 1.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Like I said, the sin always has a disable ready when he is about to die, what is so hard to understand about that?

Watch that vid and see how hard they actually hit each other for. Melee power in any particular round of combos vary greatly with zerk/crit and sparks. That sin hit from 2k crits to 10k crits, that barb can probably do the same...but he didn't get half as many chances to attack as the sin.

Either class has enough damage to kill the other, it's just a matter of surviving from one try to the next for both opponents.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    As one of the best geared barbarians in PWI let me weigh in on this topic.

I have 800 strength and vs a well geared assassin i do not do much damage. The thing about this match up is...

Barbs usually have mdef neck and ornaments, sin usually has pdef.

Really an assassin can wear a barb down with their better chi control and control skills in general. IN the span of 2 minutes an assassin might 3 spark 4 times, its ridiculous. Barbs CAN die to DPH, but APS is still the higher damage output, and sins have the toolkit it takes to wear a barbarian down (so they don't have genie, apoth etc.)

In tiger barbs have SUPER defense hp and pdef. Yet in human they have much better control skills, like mighty swing, and killing skills like bestial. So being in human negates the large defensive advantage a barb has.

My opinion is a top tier assassin will have the advantage over the barbarian in 1 vs 1, while if not being able to KILL then being able to survive. In group pvp they can tackle slash and go to the next target ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i said nerf barbs too to much steroids
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Just keep sparking; it's not that hard tbh
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Assassin is better designed for 1v1, barb is better designed for mass pvp.

With only self buffs and self debuffs, sin beats barb, but considering both have primal/morai skills.

Also, don't forget sins and barbs both have a 'anti-death' buff.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_mad_bear - Lost City
    The_mad_bear - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    im 6 years player im barb 102 sk from my expirence its all about defense and att dd example if barb can tank sin sin in trouble it become skilld battle if babr cannot tank the sin here only 1 way to win sin is barb must kill sin fast all the ways sins have no tanking as barb if its cus the sin away better gear the the barb thats all if both too much tank and hardly dd each other with skils it takes long fight
  • Flash_man - Lost City
    Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm a 3r9 +10/12 barb basically endgame game with 8 jades rest perfect cit shards with hybrid build, pretty sure I can tank any endgame sin for as long as i want and still manage to secure the kill :/
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm a 3r9 +10/12 barb basically endgame game with 8 jades rest perfect cit shards with hybrid build, pretty sure I can tank any endgame sin for as long as i want and still manage to secure the kill :/

Reply to my comment on youtube, imo. I want to know this soundtrack >.>
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
    edited April 2014
    Options

I have 800 strength and vs a well geared assassin i do not do much damage. The thing about this match up is...

Really an assassin can wear a barb down with their better chi control and control skills in general. IN the span of 2 minutes an assassin might 3 spark 4 times, its ridiculous. Barbs CAN die to DPH, but APS is still the higher damage output, and sins have the toolkit it takes to wear a barbarian down (so they don't have genie, apoth etc.)

In tiger barbs have SUPER defense hp and pdef. Yet in human they have much better control skills, like mighty swing, and killing skills like bestial. So being in human negates the large defensive advantage a barb has.

My opinion is a top tier assassin will have the advantage over the barbarian in 1 vs 1, while if not being able to KILL then being able to survive. In group pvp they can tackle slash and go to the next target ;)

Actually since caster have become more OP, most sins are using Mdef necks in PvP situations, as the lionheart neck normally covers pdef.
  • boxlover123
    boxlover123 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    if we talk about pvp, it should be a sage sin and dph, not aps sin, since aps doesnt work for pvp as good as it did 2 or 3 years ago
    so if we talk about sins in pvp no one uses lionheart stuff, thats g13 and we have g16 now
    so yeah minimum would be cube neck and once again talking about endgame, not g16 nirvana 3

back to topic
    an endgame barb should be able to tank out an endgame sin, coupled with the new primal skills the barb should be able to drop the sin, if the sin doesnt have any help or run off in stealth
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    still dont see any reason for me as a sin fight a barb if i can by doing somenthing more productive as droping any AA/LA class

but that just me
    edited April 2014
    Options
    if we talk about pvp, it should be a sage sin and dph, not aps sin, since aps doesnt work for pvp as good as it did 2 or 3 years ago
    so if we talk about sins in pvp no one uses lionheart stuff, thats g13 and we have g16 now
    so yeah minimum would be cube neck and once again talking about endgame, not g16 nirvana 3

back to topic
    an endgame barb should be able to tank out an endgame sin, coupled with the new primal skills the barb should be able to drop the sin, if the sin doesnt have any help or run off in stealth

No one uses lionheart stuff? LMAO. I can go onto any server and look into the bags of sins, i bet you they still use their lionhert neck in PvP, UNLESS they have a cube neck, which some dont.
  • LucKaS_SiX - Harshlands
    LucKaS_SiX - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    heres a nice wrench to throw in the works. is it a sage barb or a demon barb?

also, with the addition of blood rush all it would take is a zerk crit when deaden nerves is on cd and the kitty gets a snack. b:pleased
    edited April 2014
    Options
    heres a nice wrench to throw in the works. is it a sage barb or a demon barb?

also, with the addition of blood rush all it would take is a zerk crit when deaden nerves is on cd and the kitty gets a snack. b:pleased

Ikr. I love demon barb crits b:dirty.
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I dont even have endgame shards/refines... and never seen any sin hit me for EVEN 20k... I've seen couple 10-15ks (zerk critic) from very OP sins... that outgear me by much (S cards, +11/+12, bla bla bla)
  • KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide
    KeepMeAIive - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Man I recently rerolled str barb and I hit sins just fine :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No one uses lionheart stuff? LMAO. I can go onto any server and look into the bags of sins, i bet you they still use their lionhert neck in PvP, UNLESS they have a cube neck, which some dont.

So you can pay 300 gold to +12 gear and can't pay 30g for a decent phys def neck?

ENDGAME, come on... Even being just a random semiendgame EA I do carry both necks with me...

And ofc every sin has that neck on bag, for pve lol
    edited July 2014
    Options
    So you can pay 300 gold to +12 gear and can't pay 30g for a decent phys def neck?

ENDGAME, come on... Even being just a random semiendgame EA I do carry both necks with me...

And ofc every sin has that neck on bag, for pve lol

Nope, I use an Mdef neck for TW, and the lionheart neck for fighting physical classes in 1v1's.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Another topic nearly just made for me (:

It is a fact that a max geared (full +12) barb (preferably str built) is far superior to any sin. Why? At 55k+HP in tiger it and 52k pdef it is impossible for a sin to dish out enough dmg through solid shield, invoke and cornered beast. Just no. If both players know how to play ofc.

The most inportant thing that most ppl seem to miss is the regular sin dmg to def ration that blurrs alot if the truth. A regular sin tends to +12 his weap and max out the possible dmg at first. Thats smart considering that sins are one of the best farmers in this game. Well if you take that sin now with his +12 weap and +7 gears and also take into account the new primal skills when fighting a regular geared and refined barb (or any other class) that also is at lets say full +7 then its crystal clear, that the sin has a clear upperhand and can nearly 1-skill-kill anything at that low refined gears.

That's exactly what I always conplained about. You can't really compare it that way. If your enemy got a max weap then you would most likely need the same lvl of defensive gear to compensate. Although that is nearly only true for sins in this game. (Note: max dmg is not only the weapon!).

That leds to the conclusion, that it is impossible for a sin to beat a max geared barb, bm and seeker and I doubt that a max geared wiz and myst would have that much trouble to survive.

NOTE+: This is all from the self buffed only 1on1 perspective. Those things get too blurry while being buffed. But then again. Anything that increases defense is neckbreaking for a sin.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Leave it to Joe and his hard "facts."

A shame he's never fought an equally geared sin that knows how to properly cycle CC, count to 20 and use debuffs.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I do believe sins can be pretty tough yes. But its hard to judge because they are kind of rare. like 80% of sins in NW seems to PvP in APS gear or are 1-shots for other reasons. Of the remaining 20% who are not one shots, many seem to simply suck and not use their abilities to prevent me from getting those 2-4 hits i need to kill them.

Only once in a blue moon i find one of those sins that is actually pretty tanky, hard to hit cuz hes always in tidal when im trying to hit him if i aint stunned and get the chance to even try. That rare sin surely is a pain.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    peckked wrote: »
    Leave it to Joe and his hard "facts."

A shame he's never fought an equally geared sin that knows how to properly cycle CC, count to 20 and use debuffs.

And you seem to never have experienced real end-game PvP. Any time something game changing was introduced into this game. I spend hundreds of hours researching all of this and talking to others about it and all.

So I guess it's granted that I'm telling frggin facts!

No friggin sin will ever be able to "kill" a great, maxed out barb player. Oh. Cept if the charm runs out ofc. The barb doesn't even have to attack. The sin could try killing him for hours and wouldnt be able to do so if the barb insists. I am aware of what kind of dmg sins can get. I know what kind of HP and def barbs can get.

Just to make things clear here. A max vit, max geared barb that is full josd equipped with a 30 def lvl weap can easily achieve 120+ def lvl with around 60k pdef and 25 mdef self buffed. Combine that with nearly 65k hp and you can be sure and I would bet my life on it that no single player is able to kill that charmed barb alone if he just plays to survive. The only dmg that could kill that barb comes from wizards...but just running out of the marginal range of spark and using SoF when it counts isnt all too hard.

Take away some mdef and 14k hp and give same barb max str will lead him to 45k+ max pattack stat and thus enough dmg to atomize any self buffed sin like nothing and still being unable to get killed from said sin. Being full deity (sin) only decreases the time untel the sin dies.

As a note: **** that friggin CC tackling slash sht. Just roll r8r weapons with range and keep hiting on the sin. Sure tidal will absorb most of the paralyze. But not all. Enough to break free eventually.

If anyone still has any doubt that I am the definition of a PWI-Pro gamer then they can feel free to challenge me any friggin time on the morai server and I show them. I'm all talk? I'll show you. I'm just sick of getting laughed at. Anyone thinks I'm just talk but nope. Come and I show you the truth or simply ****.

On a logical note: not many ppl spend that much time and thought on this game yet they claim to be equal or even better then me. Redicolous ill-logic if you ask me.

Barb >>>>> any other class for dozens of reasons. Just try it out ffs. And not with your average nub player. Get a pro and try again.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476