Grudge Strike skill thoughts and info

Options
2»

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Do I think Fox Wallop is good or useful? No. Do other people use it? I cannot answer that myself though I do believe most people don't use Fox Wallop nowadays
    *In the PWI community favourite manner*
    If you don't use it, it doesn't mean it's useless!!!!11

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Pffff Marengo x3 *amused eartwitch*

And, er this doesn't have to do with Grudge Strike, but the Dark Taboo skill... *I don't like making new threads, and Desdi's threads are a nice home for veno things :3*

According to Asty's thread,
    Dark Taboo
    Merger: Consume Spirit + Leech
    Adv. Arcane Sky Page + 30 Primordial Blood

ΦDark Taboo

Requires Fox Form
    Range 5 Meters
    Mana ??
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 5.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 10
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

Requisite Cultivation Master of Harmony
    Blast the target with dark
    energy, siphoning their life
    force into yourself. Deals base
    physical damage plus 6319. Restores
    800 to 2000 Health, based on
    your Soulforce. Never misses.

Sage version reduces the cooldown by 1 second.
    it's a merger of Consume Spirit (MP restorative skill) and Leech (HP restorative skill), but in the description there, the MP restorative part seems to be negated completeily for the sake of a stronger Leech.
    So is there some information missing on that thread, or does Dark Taboo effectiveily cause the loss of Consume Spirit's MP... entireily?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    A person in-game has Dark Taboo and confirmed that it only restores HP which means that Consume Spirit is being lost..completely.
    It doesn't particularly bother me because I use pots, sometimes charm and auto-pots and whatnot but I know some HA/LA Venomancers that like fighting in Fox Form may not like that. I'm not sure how good the HP leeched is though. I won't be having this skill for a while, going for the passive defence one at the moment D:

Kinda lame though, I don't see why they couldn't give it both HP/MP considering Grudge Strike has all the effects (accuracy debuff & frontal AOE from Befuddling, channeling debuff from Fox Wallop) from the skills being merged o_o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Meh. Consume spirit became nothing more than a filler skill the instant we got MP foods and divine potions.

Before that, HP was low enough to ~kinda~ justify the HP loss via consume/leech combo and MP charms ticking was something to actively avoid but after food and that massive gear jump to Nirvana came along leech and consume spirit both started to be.... really not that good for their effects at all.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't have minded if it gave back like 2k MP <.< >.> since I'd be throwing it here and there while Fox Form is on cooldown (in PvE that is). Not a complaint really just..an observation I guess lol (like I said, I don't care personally).
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yeah. Wish the new skill combined both without the HP drain. Would make it a great filler skill that actually has a bit more use.

Ah well. Q_Q
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Nnnnn.... I always thought it was awesome having an HP->mana skill, mana->HP skill, and a HP<->Mana skill since HP/MP master >:3 But I guess I acknowledged that once I got my gear upgraded, I wouldn't really be able to use consume spirit anymore since it'd eat away way too much HP to be worth it even in grinding, since leech would in no way be ale to make up for it anymore. (600 HP leech...)
    In any case, the skills were complete opposite of each other so the concept of merging them is a little weird... and I guess that an HP restoring skill with a cooldown of 4 seconds (sage) that costs no MP since it gives MP would be a little weird OTL

With veno skills costing so little MP, the new fox forme not taking away 25% of your MP so you can use charms/have more mana for purges and amps, merging of skills that let you do the same damage of two skills without having to skill spam in fox forme, and just in general the same reason malefic's MP drain was always obsolete... I guess it's become pretty unnecessary. I'll miss its animation though, the blue light was pretty >:

And no penalty consume would be great, haha
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Bump.

Earlier today I noticed/realised that Grudge Strike has a 5 meter range which I hadn't quire noticed even though it's on the description. A quick look on Asterelle's thread with the new skills indicated that all Venomancer Fox Form skills have been changed to 5 meters, once you upgrade of course. Right now, every non upgraded Fox Form skill is melee range except for the debuffs (Purge, Amp, Degen) that are 10 meters.

This is.. kinda neat. It makes me wonder if I can incorporate Stunning Blow into my playstyle and if Malelic Crush being changed into an AOE stun might have uses in TW (being the most AOE-demanding PvP scenario).
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hmm, being a HA-veno with base damage of a T3+10-barb...Kitty might probably even farm upgraded Grudge Strike despite being superlazy about farming skills(a.k.a. no single morai-skill farmed yet despite seeker having been Morai-able for 10 months and other chars for varying times). Kitty's atm trusting her 1.43APS for doing DPS(Amp-Sage Spark-Myriad-APS-repeat for 80-100k similar-level DPS) and probably continuing that way, but that skill damage(roughly equal to BM's Smack at least looking at description) probably makes Grudge Strike Kitty's way of dealing with massive pulls. This far Kitty's been soloing PVs by kiting and throwing Befuddling Mist all the time(or Malefic Crush-AD-Befuddling-Malefic Crush if chi full), AD-Feral Concentration-Paranova-Befuddling kiting at FC. And as it seems to be bit ranged and without channeling-phase...o_o' gg veno soloing pulls even barb can't and not taking damage at all...

If Kitty farmed Dark Taboo too, Kitty might 1-shot anything with hint of squishiness...

Kitty's 100% sure she won't farm upgraded Malefic Crush, current one's short CD makes it ideal for killing pulls quick.

E: And now that Kitty thought about it, short CDs and Insta-cast makes upgraded skills a good reason for Kitty to use Fox Form-skills against anti-APS-bosses. This far magic has done greater damage against them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)