TW Vicious vs. Zoo/QQme 25/Aug/2012

Options
_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Tideswell (East)
Part 1/2

Part 2/2

I hope you enjoy! It was a really fun weekend! And Spell, so far you've been hard to take down due to you having so many clerics on you b:chuckle

Part 2 to come later!
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Good video. Why so selective on targets if I may ask?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options

Playing a sin is like playing Chess. And since we're always making the first move (from stealth), it's either kill or die. And with a LA class like sins, surviving attacks from even two people can almost mean certain death. So being very choosy with targets that are placed in situations that make it easy for the sin to strike is key. It's like being a shark playing Chess.

On top of that, popping out from stealth in enemy territory usually makes me the closest tab target, so that means 4-5+ people would be focusing fire on me as soon as I get out of stealth. It's happened quite often.

I don't pop on targets in situations I know I can't make it out of. You probably noticed that a few times in part 1. In any sin scenario, there are 4 possible outcomes:

1.) Sin dies, target lives
    2.) Sin lives, target dies
    3.) Both the sin and target die (meaning sin died killing the target, or target gets killed and sin doesn't manage to get away and is killed as a result)
    4.) Both the sin and target live after confrontation

All of the outcomes happen pretty often, and trying to get outcome 2 out of the rest is based more on the sin's placement and target choice, as well as experience, skill, and gear.

For example, in the war, when I chose Spell as my target many times, it often resulted in 1 and 3. Moreso 1 than 3. And a large majority of that was poor judgement on my part. I chased him into a situation that meant death for me. I underestimated the progression of factionmates and ended up paying for that.

At least, that's how I think when I play in TW!
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    Kastus - Raging Tide Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Playing a sin is like playing Chess. And since we're always making the first move (from stealth), it's either kill or die. And with a LA class like sins, surviving attacks from even two people can almost mean certain death. So being very choosy with targets that are placed in situations that make it easy for the sin to strike is key. It's like being a shark playing Chess.

On top of that, popping out from stealth in enemy territory usually makes me the closest tab target, so that means 4-5+ people would be focusing fire on me as soon as I get out of stealth. It's happened quite often.

I don't pop on targets in situations I know I can't make it out of. You probably noticed that a few times in part 1. In any sin scenario, there are 4 possible outcomes:

1.) Sin dies, target lives
    2.) Sin lives, target dies
    3.) Both the sin and target die (meaning sin died killing the target, or target gets killed and sin doesn't manage to get away and is killed as a result)
    4.) Both the sin and target live after confrontation

All of the outcomes happen pretty often, and trying to get outcome 2 out of the rest is based more on the sin's placement and target choice, as well as experience, skill, and gear.

For example, in the war, when I chose Spell as my target many times, it often resulted in 1 and 3. Moreso 1 than 3. And a large majority of that was poor judgement on my part. I chased him into a situation that meant death for me. I underestimated the progression of factionmates and ended up paying for that.

At least, that's how I think when I play in TW!

or quote me like summum does
    kastus knows only 2 skills

bp earthenrift 10 people dead run away b:laugh
    youtube.com/kimbachiboy b:victory

Schooling QQme in The Art of PK since 2012
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

I thought sins were supposed to be selective and stealthy in TW :O but then again you can see many fail sins on the front lines acting like an archer..... only to be 1 shotted :D
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
  • Sneaker - Dreamweaver
    Sneaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    great video Skai....b:cute
    Sneaker 105 sage sin

"Memory is the guardian of all things"

Cicero
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @_Skai_ looks like being a sin is pretty fun I like outcome 4 tho, I guess because I don't like harming friends in TW.
    @ShadowFlame Your statement is true.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Part 1/2

I hope you enjoy! It was a really fun weekend! And Spell, so far you've been hard to take down due to you having so many clerics on you b:chuckle

Part 2 to come later!

spell's not a more important target for cleric heals than cata barbs is he?

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    or quote me like summum does
    kastus knows only 2 skills

bp earthenrift 10 people dead run away b:laugh

I enjoy those zerk crits too b:cute

@Shadows That happens often, even as a sin myself. I see most of QQme sins, and they all like to jump on me D:

@Breannak Outcome 4 happens often whenever the target can survive a 1 shot and immediately AD's or Expel's while they are near allies. Otherwise they'll die after AD/Expel, as you saw in the video against a cleric.

@Linc Everytime I approached Spell, he had Arawin and Clergy on him. Two clerics, and hard-to-take down ones at that. xD
  • Terrorism - Lothranis
    Terrorism - Lothranis Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

i feel u bro, but its not like you think

dont missunderstand spell, it may look like he's a tyrant and says "**** the catabarbs, keep ME alive" but that's fail

his strategy is more like "heal me so i can kill enemy casters like wizards and psys with undine+gush so they dont kill our catabarbs" Pro right?

hope its clear now
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

dont missunderstand spell, it may look like he's a tyrant and says "**** the catabarbs, keep ME alive" but that's fail

his strategy is more like "heal me so i can kill enemy casters like wizards and psys with undine+gush so they dont kill our catabarbs" Pro right?

hope its clear now

oh ok i see now. wizzies and psys do the most damages to barbs, so the strategy is to send the barbs in naked with the wizzies and clerics all chasing enemy wizzies and psys. tru dat, so pro now

I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    nice video skai b:victory
  • Vicialchemis - Raging Tide
    Vicialchemis - Raging Tide Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @skai

nice vid and music.........

@ brea

i think you must already know what is the sins primary targets,people like you... casters

@ linc

linc talk trashing??Tell us the story

@ Terrorism

that work in that way?
    Dr. Phil's viewpoint is:What is the pay-off for trolling?

Attention and recognition even if negative,The emotional release of venting ,Power (the power to disrupt), Vandalism,The thrill of breaking social conventions,Sabotaging groups the troll dislikes and Immaturity.
  • MyPixelsHurt - Raging Tide
    MyPixelsHurt - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Sweet vid skai :)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks guys! :D Part 2 is rendering as I type this.

Will be uploading that shortly. Might make a new thread for it, since why not.

Edit: I guess I won't xD
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Part 2 is out!
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

what cata barbs? as far as i know QQme has cata psys
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
  • TeddyBear - Raging Tide
    TeddyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol, 2 mins 20 secs ish on second vid. pro shizb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

hope its clear now

Lol look at this guy, such a poozie that he went for all the trouble to make a now char just to trashtalk me. Loool

Now for the video...clery is sometimes on me with heals but not all the time. Arawin is not healing me lol. Both clergy and arawin have R9+12, they do as much dmg as I do, and both kill ppl in tw. I have good rafines and thus, good survivability, though u skai killed me a few times, even with 27k pdef that i have atm. Vicu archers are the most dangerous imo.

Sadly we cannot fight this weekend but its gonna be fun after.

Fyi, clergy always healed the barb and not me when any barb in our squad pulled a cata.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • MyPixelsHurt - Raging Tide
    MyPixelsHurt - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i gotta call u squad wipe skai now that was legit
  • mtickley
    mtickley Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lmao skai > 6 QQme's, if all vici works like this 12vici -v- 60QQme is overmanned ijs.......

not suprsied they managed to defend with so few numbers seeing this vid....
  • titotit
    titotit Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i kept repeating the part where u took on 7 of them, they were probably wondering wtf jus hppened lol. dats pro right dere b:victory
    edited August 2012
    Options
    titotit wrote: »
    i kept repeating the part where u took on 7 of them, they were probably wondering wtf jus hppened lol. dats pro right dere b:victory

LoL?

He killed non-r9 people, many oneshots, that was pro? He has 16k+hp, more than some QQme cata barbs and r9+12, lets get serious here...:)
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    LoL?

He killed non-r9 people, many oneshots, that was pro? He has 16k+hp, more than some QQme cata barbs and r9+12, lets get serious here...:)

Pretty sure your ego like most r9+12 that one shot others gets up from it so no point in calling the kettle black.
  • titotit
    titotit Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    LoL?

Says the person who goes for wanted's non r9ers (avoiding the r9ers when u can) to one shot them and build kill count.... come one lets get serious here and dont act like u dont do tht sir. b:bye
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks again everyone :D
    LoL?

I guess people enjoy watching sins do things like that, as most sin gameplay involves a lot of APSing and carelessness, and that gets boring fast. A lot more of a direct approach to an enemy since sins can't be at a distance to do damage. That's just my assumption!

I mean, I had a lot of carelessness in my video, such as I kept going after you like you were a juicy target, and ended up dying most of the time.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks again everyone :D

I guess people enjoy watching sins do things like that, as most sin gameplay involves a lot of APSing and carelessness, and that gets boring fast. A lot more of a direct approach to an enemy since sins can't be at a distance to do damage. That's just my assumption!

I mean, I had a lot of carelessness in my video, such as I kept going after you like you were a juicy target, and ended up dying most of the time.

Skai, put yourself in that squad's position, how come 6 people vs 1 sin, they got wiped in 10-15seconds...what do you think is in their hearts? Do they say...omg...that skai is so pro...or do they say...** this game, R9 is so imbalanced.
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Skai, put yourself in that squad's position, how come 6 people vs 1 sin, they got wiped in 10-15seconds...what do you think is in their hearts? Do they say...omg...that skai is so pro...or do they say...** this game, R9 is so imbalanced.

Skai get Full R9 to squad wipe them faster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Skai get Full R9 to squad wipe them faster

Ur too funny Elveeneb:laughb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    Options

I think it's just one of those moments of "well.... damn." xD. I've had that happen to me many times back when I didn't have r9 or +10 gears, and it's just one of those moments.

The comments the squad gave in normal chat after the wipe were all positive ones too! At least, I think they were. Slavesin was saying I was pro, and the BM said to warn them next time so they can get out of there xD.

I'm sure if you had the chance to sneak up on a squad of opponents nestled close to each other, you'll want to drop an ulti or two on them.
  • TeddyBear - Raging Tide
    TeddyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    LoL?

ok, not to troll but weren't i one of the first full+12 josd ppl on rt? werent u the one bragging about 1 shotting ppl with gush and ultis and shiet when vicious just started giving QQme some kind of challenge? We can be honest here too. Back when u had that kind of gear, even i had tt99(dont remember if i had r9 wep yet). Eh, before i start talking about shiet that doesnt make sense all im gonna say is, refer to ur old threads/videos, johncastro, in them lies proof ure being a bit hypocritical here. Give skai his credit where it is dueb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]